Does anyone else think losing weight is easy?

Options

Replies

• daphneC94
    Options
    its sooo easy... the trouble is, its not so easy when your motivation declines and you cant keep the weight off.
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    It's how you think it is. If you belive is not easy means that you don't enjoy losing weight. It doesn't mean you can't. You can, but only if you make it fun and enjoyable. You already know that something you don't like to do, you don't do it. Maybe you are motivated a day or two, a week maybe, an then what? Back again where you started.

I don't want to be mean or something, but I realize how painful it is to be in this situation. And even if you create a plan, it matters how you create it. I can recommend three steps to get started:

1. De-tox your liver with green tea, fruits, and vegetables
    2. Have an exercise or two every day couple of minutes (some jogging works well too)
    3. Reduce the amount of meat chicken or pork, mostly junk food (nobody is against you if you try an ice cream weekly)

The key is your liver. If it can't process the food you ingest then it takes all the fats and transport all into your blood stream. From there cholesterol starts to form and fat to thigs and belly.

Be careful what you eat. Hope this info is helpful.

This was a beautiful thread until you cake along. Sorry but I disagree with basically every word you posted.

OP, for me l, MFP has simplified this fat loss thing beyond belief. That combined with my OCD = Easy.
    I suspect, given his profile, he wants to sell us on something....
    Yes, a prime example of that BS, I was just talking about.
  • vladsandu2000
    Options
    I don't mind if you disagree, that's why we all have different opinions. I can take it. I'm glad you shared your point of view.
  • iechick
    iechick Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    I didn't use mfp for weight loss and did another plan, which I thought was very straightforward/simple to do. Lost the weight with no problem (my first and only time I've worked on losing weight), but have found maintenance to be very challenging. Way harder than losing the weight :grumble:
  • vladsandu2000
    Options
    Selling something? No way. That is considered spam. And it's not tolerated anywhere. But who am I to judge? Who doesn't belive me, get google and learn about your liver. And then you will understand what I'm saying.
  • helenrosemay
    helenrosemay Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I didn't use mfp for weight loss and did another plan, which I thought was very straightforward/simple to do. Lost the weight with no problem (my first and only time I've worked on losing weight), but have found maintenance to be very challenging. Way harder than losing the weight :grumble:

I am starting to wonder about what I'm going to eat to maintain. I can probably add another 200-300 cals a day, but that wouldn't be enough. I will have to look into higher calorie foods, while keeping fat and sodium low.
  • itstimetoeat
    itstimetoeat Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Not easy if there is no progress or results. We thrive and work harder when we know the rewards are on its way but when you plateau and all progress halts, it easy to go downhill. And of course definitively NOT EASY when you LOVE FOOD!!! The bad kind. The kind that is so delicious but so bad for the body.

Just have to stay positive and get over the slump which is the hardest part. Wanting to give up when you stop seeing improvements. Don't let it defeat you!
  • helenrosemay
    helenrosemay Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    It's how you think it is. If you belive is not easy means that you don't enjoy losing weight. It doesn't mean you can't. You can, but only if you make it fun and enjoyable. You already know that something you don't like to do, you don't do it. Maybe you are motivated a day or two, a week maybe, an then what? Back again where you started.

I don't want to be mean or something, but I realize how painful it is to be in this situation. And even if you create a plan, it matters how you create it. I can recommend three steps to get started:

2. Have an exercise or two every day couple of minutes (some jogging works well too)
    3. Reduce the amount of meat chicken or pork, mostly junk food (nobody is against you if you try an ice cream weekly)

The key is your liver. If it can't process the food you ingest then it takes all the fats and transport all into your blood stream. From there cholesterol starts to form and fat to thigs and belly.

Be careful what you eat. Hope this info is helpful.

I had my liver function tested before I started my diet and it was good, so I imagine it would be even better now. Also I have been motivated every day since I started this. Not one day have I thought of giving up.
  • Prettypedalpower
    Options
    The science part with weight loss is simple. Eat less, do more, loose weight. However if you add the emotional aspects of why people over eat its not easy or simple. I have pcos I find it really tough
  • jcmrax5
    jcmrax5 Posts: 133
    Options
    good for you.
    its an easy concept, yes. not always easy to stick to it when you have cravings
  • CountryGirl8542
    CountryGirl8542 Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    I find it easy sometimes... but other times I find it hard to keep motivated.
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    Not easy if there is no progress or results. We thrive and work harder when we know the rewards are on its way but when you plateau and all progress halts, it easy to go downhill. And of course definitively NOT EASY when you LOVE FOOD!!! The bad kind. The kind that is so delicious but so bad for the body.

Just have to stay positive and get over the slump which is the hardest part. Wanting to give up when you stop seeing improvements. Don't let it defeat you!
    It can still be easy if you love food! In fact it is EASIER! There are no bad foods. I have ice cream everyday! I don't deprive myself of anything and I lose weight consistently and meet all my nutrional goals. :drinker:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

http://impruvism.com/flexible-dieting-basics/
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    I found it pretty easy as well, but not everyone is in the same mind set as everyone else. If it was easy, I wouldn't have been overweight in the first place.

I don't know if quite agree with this. For myself, I got overweight because I didn't know any better/didn't think it would happen to me/had no concept of calories and what was an acceptable calorie limit, not because it's necessarily HARD to do. If I'd known better, I can guarantee I'd never have gotten as chubbo as I was.

Just to clear that up. I definitely don't think everyone is the same as me. I was speaking for myself only. My apologies, I thought that was clear.
  • lcfairbairn74
    lcfairbairn74 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Well, all you guys just suck. LOL

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: You got in there before me!! :flowerforyou:
  • LiminalAscendance
    LiminalAscendance Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm in the simple AND easy category.

Most of my life I've been on the thin side. Over the last 3 or 4 years, poor lifestyle choices resulted in gaining around 40 lbs.

Around 5 months or so ago, I decided to start limiting the amounts of food that I would eat (without drastically changing WHAT I ate), and to start an exercise regimen. About halfway to my goal, I started actually "logging" the food that I ate.

I've basically lost all my weight (give or take a couple), with no noticeable sacrifice.

For some, it's easy to lose weight, and for some it's quite difficult.

How is that any different than the fact that some people are overweight and others aren't?
  • Mongognom
    Mongognom Posts: 123
    Options

Skip the Detox, it's not supported by medical science and there is no evidence that detox diets help remove toxins from the body any faster than our body normally eliminates them.
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    I was like you for the first nine or so months.

For me, if I do the right things, losing weight is easy.
    Doing the right things consistently, not so much.
  • Drago420
    Drago420 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Its as easy or as difficult as we make it. I think it depends on where you're currently at cause someone who is obese will loose weight much faster with diet and exercise than someone who is trying to drop those last 10lbs.
  • cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    Options
    I think it's hard at first and then gets much, much easier, myself. By the end of it last time, everything really was easy because I had entirely new habits/cravings.

Unfortunately, I didn't realize how easy it was to slowly undo all those habits, lol. Now it's hard again! But I know it gets so much better, and it's nice knowing that for sure this time around.