Does anyone else think losing weight is easy?

Options

Replies

• jolene_ca
    jolene_ca Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    It has been incredibly easy for me in all honesty. I just never learned the proper way to eat before now. I changed my eating habits. I never feel deprived. I'm also a type A personality and succeed at things when I make the decision to pursue them.
  • TamaraKat
    TamaraKat Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    I found losing weight to be easy once you get into it! Its as long as you keep motivated! :bigsmile:
  • _liftnlove
    Options
    For me, losing weight was easy. But maintenance is hard.
  • _EndGame_
    _EndGame_ Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't say easy, but it depends on the individual.

I go to the gym and swim 5 times a week, I work my butt off to obtain my weight loss, but if all I did was eat at a caloric deficit, then yeah, I suppose it would be pretty easy.
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    maintenance is even harder than weight loss
  • Elliesque
    Elliesque Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    It's easy if you are determined enough to change your lifestyle.
  • AllyCatXandi
    AllyCatXandi Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Simple, yes. The level of difficulty depends on the person.

For some, it's just a matter of 'I'm active and healthy, but over winter I put on five pounds and would rather them go away before I have to wear a swimsuit'.

For others, it involves addressing complicated issues (psychological, medical, etc.) and making huge lifestyle changes.

And there are a myriad of factors that can impact the degree to which a person may struggle in reaching their goals.

But if you're finding it an easy process, then that's great for you :smile: I do agree that MFP is a very useful tool and can make keeping track of things uncomplicated - especially when you can just scan a barcode and have the food item pop up!
  • quicklabs
    quicklabs Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    It was never easy before--this time it is. The difference is my motivation and my willingness to weight and log everything.
  • mickeyullrich
    mickeyullrich Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    For me the first six months felt exactly like you described and then September came and I started to struggle a bit (I suspect Starbucks and their Pumpkin spice latte might have something to do with it :drinker: ), but I am finding my rhythm again now! I do think MFP makes it so much easier to keep track of everything....I am not sure I would have done this well without it!
  • curlywurlyxoxo
    Options
    Yes I have lost 100Ilbs since last November and I haven't cheated, stuck to my diet and have exercised. I spent over 20 years being hugely overweight and yet one day I decided to do something about it. It all depends on your motivation as to how dedicated you are, and if that motivation is maintained.
  • cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't say easy, but it depends on the individual.

I go to the gym and swim 5 times a week, I work my butt off to obtain my weight loss, but if all I did was eat at a caloric deficit, then yeah, I suppose it would be pretty easy.

But that part gets fun, no? I think it does :) I am lucky that way, though. I think it's Oprah who still talks about not liking exercise even after doing it a long time. That really would suck.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    I think it's like being in a relationship.

When you're with the right person, a relationship is pretty easy. But finding that right person is hard.

When your'e doing the right things - when you've got your food intake and exercise routine down) - weight loss is pretty easy. It's finding what the right things are for you that's hard.
  • wild_wild_life
    wild_wild_life Posts: 1,334 Member
    Options
    For me, losing weight was easy. But maintenance is hard.

Me too.
  • oldnovice
    oldnovice Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    My Dad always said "Quitting smoking is easy. I've don't it lots of times". I could say the same about losing weight. Over the last 27 years I've probably lost 500 pounds, and gained 505. This time the difference is my commitment to keeping the weight off. It's not really easy but I have found out it is simple. Eat less than you burn.
  • bkw99508
    bkw99508 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Reading about how difficult maintenance is has me worrying about it.

I think this is easIER than all the diets that I attempted. Why? There really is no sense of deprivation. If I want it, I plan for it and eat it. I'm not left hungry. That and I think my mental "switch" finally kicked in. I get it now and am not in denial about how/why I got fat.

Simple.
  • ereck44
    ereck44 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    !
    Agreed! It is way easier to lose weight than to maintain, but weight loss is still difficult. mfp is a great tool !
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    Reading about how difficult maintenance is has me worrying about it.

I think this is easIER than all the diets that I attempted. Why? There really is no sense of deprivation. If I want it, I plan for it and eat it. I'm not left hungry. That and I think my mental "switch" finally kicked in. I get it now and am not in denial about how/why I got fat.

Simple.
    I think (hope) that maintenance is much easier, when a person has lost weight the slow and sustainable way with a moderate deficit.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    I found it pretty easy as well, but not everyone is in the same mind set as everyone else. If it was easy, I wouldn't have been overweight in the first place.

I don't know if quite agree with this. For myself, I got overweight because I didn't know any better/didn't think it would happen to me/had no concept of calories and what was an acceptable calorie limit, not because it's necessarily HARD to do. If I'd known better, I can guarantee I'd never have gotten as chubbo as I was.

^^^ This

I have found losing weight to be tedious, but not hard.
  • vladsandu2000
    Options
    I'm saying that green tea is a treatment ingredient. If your liver gets clogged up with unhealthy fat related to people who consume a high carbohydrate diet and who eat an abundance of processed foods or foods high in sugar. Then what? You don't like your body anymore.

Meaning that the fat is not burning, is depositing inside the body because there main filter (your liver) is full of toxines. So what I wanted to say here is and advice, not marketing.
  • Live4theLift
    Options
    I think its very easy once you set in a routine. I lost alot and i was very comfortable doing so. Im on a bulk now and i think thats harder than losing weight