Free food at work not letting me lose weight

Options
124»

Replies

• xRiverX
    xRiverX Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    The food isn't "making" you do anything, it's your choice. Personally, I do eat the food on social occasions, then if I eat too much, I eat less than usual or exercise more than usual to make up for it the next day. Free food just sitting in the break room when it's not a social occasion, I skip. If you feel like you have to eat it when you look at it, don't look at it. Don't go in there.
    thank you

LMAO again,do you ppl get "Gold stars" for pointing the obvious out?

Obviously we don't...but obviously it is NOT obvious! :tongue:

And you are speaking for who?You and ........? It is obvious and thats all there is to it lol

On a personal note,very nice physique,
    was it hard work,did you sweat did you cry?
    was there an easier way?
    Never the less very nice :)
  • LuLuChick78
    LuLuChick78 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I don't know with which context to take your reply Riverwiz......:huh: compliment?

Edited to fix spelling and clarify the tone of my message
  • soupandcookies
    soupandcookies Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I just tell myself that if everyone in the office is touching it, it's no longer clean - germs galore -especially in Fall and Winter. It's not worth it to me, to start noshing on goodies at work. I just bring my own food. It gives me more control over what i eat.
  • lieselLalor
    lieselLalor Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I understand completely. I started a new job a few months ago and we get free lunch everyday. It's almost always junk and fast food though. I gained 8 pounds and have been feeling awful. I have been doing better because I finally just got fed up. I bring my own lunch now and keep some snacks in a drawer. I make sure to eat my lunch first and if I'm still hungry I'll eat what they brought but I'm usually full already. I also let myself have the lunch they brought once a week because I LOVE free stuff. It seems to help knowing I can have it once in a while but I feel better with the food I bring.
  • xRiverX
    Options
    I don't know with which context to take your reply Riverwiz......:huh: compliment?

Exactly when did this thread become about you? lol i'm just jking before you get your knickers in a twist!
    I'll explain.
    It was to make you think and of course no way an insult (saw before you edited) and definitely a compliment,after the hard work you put into it :)
    However if you found an easier way,would you of taken it?

"Edited to fix spelling and clarify the tone of my message"

And why did you do this?
    You did this because you remember,you remember somewhere it wasn't all about loosing weight and about the quality of life and maybe you had fun somewhere lol either way I shouldnt write this on a public forum but I dont care lol
    You were beautiful even when you were fat pregnant skinny or kick @*kitten* body and thats why you changed your tone,its not all about the battle. Remember to live your life :)

lol I will leave you with this,I sure as hell wont be edidting this for spelling mistakes lol lifes to short (poo poo face) have fun lol
  • xRiverX
    Options
    I understand completely. I started a new job a few months ago and we get free lunch everyday. It's almost always junk and fast food though. I gained 8 pounds and have been feeling awful. I have been doing better because I finally just got fed up. I bring my own lunch now and keep some snacks in a drawer. I make sure to eat my lunch first and if I'm still hungry I'll eat what they brought but I'm usually full already. I also let myself have the lunch they brought once a week because I LOVE free stuff. It seems to help knowing I can have it once in a while but I feel better with the food I bring.

Love this well wrote yeee haaaa lol
  • LuLuChick78
    Options

Exactly when did this thread become about you? lol i'm just jking before you get your knickers in a twist!
    I'll explain.
    It was to make you think and of course no way an insult (saw before you edited) and definitely a compliment,after the hard work you put into it :)
    However if you found an easier way,would you of taken it?

"Edited to fix spelling and clarify the tone of my message"

And why did you do this?
    You did this because you remember,you remember somewhere it wasn't all about loosing weight and about the quality of life and maybe you had fun somewhere lol either way I shouldnt write this on a public forum but I dont care lol
    You were beautiful even when you were fat pregnant skinny or kick @*kitten* body and thats why you changed your tone,its not all about the battle. Remember to live your life :)

lol I will leave you with this,I sure as hell wont be edidting this for spelling mistakes lol lifes to short (poo poo face) have fun lol

Wow...I am not one to be so blunt on here but have you added, removed or changed doses on a medication lately?

FYI: I edited to change the "tone" of my reply becuase I felt like I was being a bit b**chy and I didn't want to come across that way. Now, I don't care if I do come across that way because you are obviously looking for an argument.

I don't know what the hell your sentence stating "And why did you do this? You did this because you remember,you remember somewhere it wasn't all about loosing weight and about the quality of life and maybe you had fun somewhere lol " means. :huh:

Thank you for the compliments, but the way in which they were given leaves a lot to be desired.

I will NOT be editing this post, it is written in stone now so don't get YOUR knickers in a twist.
  • xRiverX
    Options
    "FYI: I edited to change the "tone" of my reply becuase I felt like I was being a bit b**chy and I didn't want to come across that way. Now, I don't care if I do come across that way because you are obviously looking for an argument. "

No on the contrary not an argument but a point,which is why I was correct within the presumption.Its obvious you are no intellect lol

"I don't know what the hell your sentence stating "And why did you do this? You did this because you remember,you remember somewhere it wasn't all about loosing weight and about the quality of life and maybe you had fun somewhere lol " means."

WHAT HAD CHANGED??? jeeze you really need the Gold stars lol

"Thank you for the compliments, but the way in which they were given leaves a lot to be desired. "

Its funny you get this,but then throw it back in my face lol

"I will NOT be editing this post, it is written in stone now so don't get YOUR knickers in a twist."

lol I think you should,and my knickers never get twisted lol Ill explain why you should.

You have kids and just bare with me I mean no dis respect.

would you prefer to be rockin body and b1tchy and live a long time?

or Fat and not b1tchy and live a short time?

which one would your kids remember?

"Wow...I am not one to be so blunt on here but have you added, removed or changed doses on a medication lately? "

Love this lmao is that what you call an insult?
  • LuLuChick78
    Options
    "FYI: I edited to change the "tone" of my reply becuase I felt like I was being a bit b**chy and I didn't want to come across that way. Now, I don't care if I do come across that way because you are obviously looking for an argument. "

No on the contrary not an argument but a point,which is why I was correct within the presumption.Its obvious you are no intellect lol

"I don't know what the hell your sentence stating "And why did you do this? You did this because you remember,you remember somewhere it wasn't all about loosing weight and about the quality of life and maybe you had fun somewhere lol " means."

WHAT HAD CHANGED??? jeeze you really need the Gold stars lol

"Thank you for the compliments, but the way in which they were given leaves a lot to be desired. "

Its funny you get this,but then throw it back in my face lol

"I will NOT be editing this post, it is written in stone now so don't get YOUR knickers in a twist."

lol I think you should,and my knickers never get twisted lol Ill explain why you should.

You have kids and just bare with me I mean no dis respect.

would you prefer to be rockin body and b1tchy and live a long time?

or Fat and not b1tchy and live a short time?

which one would your kids remember?

"Wow...I am not one to be so blunt on here but have you added, removed or changed doses on a medication lately? "

Love this lmao is that what you call an insult?

You win!!! (...the title of biggest a**hole that I have run into here on MFP). You must be so proud. Surely you do not think of yourself as some sort of intellect I hope. If so, I feel sorry for you.
  • melham
    melham Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Just say no.
    ^^ This. "No thank you" and walk away. There's free candy and leftovers from luncheons and breakfasts all the time at my office, but I just ignore it. It's a simple matter of wanting to lose weight/maintain weight/be healthy more than wanting a free donut.

Ask yourself how you're going to feel *after* you eat whatever it is that you think you can't live without. Have healthy, lower calorie snacks available to eat in lieu of the other stuff so you can't use the "but I'm hungry!" excuse for taking that cupcake, and just say no.
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    You could always exercise more to make up for the extra calories.
  • JustAnotherGirlSuzanne
    Options
    To the OP, bring your food scale to work and just stick with your program. I work at home so I know what it's like to have food available to you 24/7. You just have to do it! :)
  • TheNewDodge
    TheNewDodge Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I destroyed a half dozen donuts the other day. I have the hardest time saying no to donuts and pizza
  • flumi_f
    flumi_f Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    Up your exercise?! A 45 minute run will take your 1900 cals down to 1400 easily

This - if you have trouble with the self control at the moment.
  • xRiverX
    Options
    :bigsmile:
  • Zelinna
    Zelinna Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    My desk is the most central for my team and, consequently, all the food that is brought in ends up on my desk.

If I get tempted, I log the item into my diary to see how many calories it is and how it will affect my day. Usually this is enough to stop me from eating the item.

Also because I always have food on my desk, I have become very good at turning it down.
  • Celticladydar
    Celticladydar Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have to admit the "food day" at work is a difficult one for me as well. Will power itself isn't always enough. I find reaching out to a friend who's also trying to cut back or on a diet can help. Having someone to talk to about your frustration can often eliminate the desire to eat the forbidden food. OR you can eat the food and pay the price on the scale. You can always work out enough to burn the extra calories but that's often quite a lot more effort than you think. But remember, once you open that door to those extra bites, it's often VERY difficult to close it. It's usually better to not even start. Anyway, good luck and don't get discouraged!