Trying to recover from eating disorder...

Options
13»

Replies

• FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Check out this website or call the number for help with affordable care where you are:

http://www.211wayneholmes.org/

This place could probably help you as a starting point and give you referrals:

GATEWAY FELLOWSHIP
    GATEWAY FELLOWSHIP - CHURCH SITE
    Holmes
    1 mile
    1287 Massillon Rd.
    Millersburg, OH 44654
    more info: FREE MEDICAL CLINIC FOR UNINSURED PATIENTS
    LOVE CENTER FREE CLINIC
    (330) 600-8103 Voice

YOUR HUMAN RESOURCE CENTER
    YOUR HUMAN RESOURCE CENTER - MILLERSBURG
    Holmes
    1 mile
    186 W Jackson Street
    Millersburg, OH 44654
    more info: OUTPATIENT COUNSELING SERVICES
    (800) 721-9472 Voice Toll-free
    Service description:Offers counseling services to people suffering from a variety mental health issues, including stress, bereavement, anxiety, depression, anger management, and bipolar disorder. Staff includes licensed psychologists, mental health counselors and social workers. Group sessions are available.
    How service is provided:On site. Transportation may be provided within Wooster city limits (inquire about restrictions).
    Who qualifies:Residents of Wayne and Holmes counties ages 7 and older.
    Hours of service:Varies
    Fees:Sliding scale. Third-party payment accepted: Private insurance; Medicaid; Medicare. A no-show fee willy apply if client does not cancel appointment with 24-hour notice.
    Required documents:Proof of income for sliding scale; Insurance card (if applicable); Will be advised about other documentation (medical records, etc.)
    How to access:Call for information or to schedule an assessment interview, M-Th: 8:00am-8:00pm; F: 8:00am-5:00pm. Following assessment, counselor will work with patient to develop a treatment schedule.
    Service contact person:Receptionist will direct the client or caller
    Services:Anger Management, General Counseling Services
    Site description:Offers general counseling and substance abuse counseling services, substance abuse prevention programs, at-risk youth intervention, and job readiness training.
    Hours administrative office is open at this site:M,W,F: 9:00am-5:00pm: Tu, Th: 9:00am-8:00pm
    Travel instructions:Located on Jackson St., between Mad Anthony St. and Washington St.
    Wheelchair accessibility:ALL services accessible or available. This site has an accessible restroom.
  • agataarchangel
    agataarchangel Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, I have no medical or even diet advice I can give you with any authority. What I do know is this. I am a 44 year old man. Ever since I was a child I was the fat kid, the husky kid, the big guy, etc... I have lost 25-100 lbs and put it all back on plus extra more times than I can count. Guess what, my life is fantastic. At 18 you are just starting to slip your way into adulthood. Right now you likely have teachers, family, friends and even yourself dropping pressure on you about every subject from every angle. Please forgive my arrogance as I try to offer you a little perspective: Tomorrow morning the sun will rise. I promise. If you are fat, skinny, shaking, steady, nervous, confident, happy or sad the sun will rise. PLEASE, bask in it. Bask in the beauty and uniqueness that is you. Great things and horrible things will happen to you but you will live a life. Your clothing size has nothing to do with who you are. You are not defined solely by your successes and failuers (or ability to spell) but rather you are defined BY YOUR OWN PERSPECTIVE on the realities of your life. As the great philosopher Dorrie From Finding Nemo said "Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming"

<3<3<3