Breasts too big to exercise?

Options

Replies

• BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Nope, there is nothing you can do. People with big boobs just can't exercise. There are no bras. (just kidding)
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    34DD, supposedly a 30F or 32E if I ever go and actually scrounge the marketplace for "proper" fitting bras (since my 34s all gap, but my boobs are still snug in there).

I got an American Apparel sports bra when they were 20% off awhile back and was pleasantly surprised. Flattened without being uncomfortable, and really minimized bounce (though, even in a bigger size, I got some cleavage out of it--be warned). Cheaper than many good sportsbras out there, but definitely better than one picked up at Target or Wal-Mart.
  • Grace215lbs
    Grace215lbs Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Defiantly not an E or F from looking at your pics unless your 7foot tall, Most E cups i've seen are about the size of a personal head.. where yours are about a hand size.... Maybe a D... DD if the bra is generous. Then again i guess it depends where you live and how they size. But for really large cup sizes... I'd always go for compression, try nike though you may need to double up.
  • firstsip
    Options
    Defiantly not an E or F from looking at your pics unless your 7foot tall, Most E cups i've seen are about the size of a personal head.. where yours are about a hand size.... Maybe a D... DD if the bra is generous. Then again i guess it depends where you live and how they size. But for really large cup sizes... I'd always go for compression, try nike though you may need to double up.

Are you... talking to me? OP doesn't have pictures, and I commented before you, so... confused.

E cups =/= person's head. It's all the bust-underbust difference for an individual person. If you see breasts the size of someone's head, I'm guessing J or bigger, but all depending on band size.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    In to get evaluated by a professional.
  • firstsip
    Options
    For Grace, and all readers, perusal. A handy chart.

Hhwoarq.jpg
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

I see, I didn't realize you could size someone from a blurry picture on the internet. I imagine you'll be able to tell my bra size simply from the picture of my feet, right?

I feel like most people don't actually know what different cup actually look like. A 36D (the size I was in Middle school) is actually not big. An E? Also not that big.
  • jennpaulson
    jennpaulson Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    For Grace, and all readers, perusal. A handy chart.

Hhwoarq.jpg

Love it! Most people have no idea what size they wear. They'll go in VS and come out wearing a 42DD because VS doesn't sell anything bigger than a DD so of course they're going to put you in something they sell even if it doesn't fit you. I went in there to buy two bras for my sister while she was in boot camp and had lost some weight and they asked me if I wanted to apply for a charge, I laughed and said for what, I never come in here, y'all don't sell anything that fits me. And she looked me up and down and still asked me what size I was. At that time I was a 36J. Now after losing 45 lbs I'm a 34HH. That place is a joke.
  • Alta2000
    Alta2000 Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    This chart is not correct. I have been measured at Intimacy and SFA by professional fitters and they all have told me that the band and cup is equivalent to a size down band but size larger cup. So a 38 DD is not the same as a 36 DD but a 36E, or whatever the letter is.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    This chart is not correct. I have been measured at Intimacy and SFA by professional fitters and they all have told me that the band and cup is equivalent to a size down band but size larger cup. So a 38 DD is not the same as a 36 DD but a 36E, or whatever the letter is.

I think you are misunderstanding what that line of the chart is saying.
  • silmarilliane
    silmarilliane Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I'm 32H and i got my last two sports bras (second hand) from ebay, both for under a tenner. as i'm sure others have said, i'd advise going somewhere like bravissimo to get measured first as lots of women wear bras with too big a back size (generally how places like m&s measure you). when i first went to bravissimo i was wearing 38E (as recommended by m&s) where the back rode up and my boobs were round my ankles and should have been wearing 34G!
  • JaneAero
    JaneAero Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I would recommend buying a sports bra that has been personally measured/fitted. Ive lost some weight and my bras were too big so I decided to wear some old bras I had which were smaller, but a little too small in the cups, Id dropped from a 44E to approx. a 42 around the body, but the only bras I had at home were a 40D, I decided to wear them for a few weeks until I next had a chance to go lingerie shopping as the too large band on the bras were rubbing the skin under the boobs and hurting. ...Big mistake! Im now on antibiotics for mastitis and the Doctor believes that compressing the breast tissue by wearing the wrong size bra , especially the wrong cup size didn't help at all.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    If you want a laugh, look on youtube "Jenna Marbles how sports bras work" My daughters and I were rolling on the floor laughing

Bumping for later.
  • Lauren8239
    Lauren8239 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    lol - you really think the troll will check back and respond? lmao
  • smalls9686
    smalls9686 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Girl, when I started I was a 34H and I started jogging! go to Amazon and try Shock Absorber level 4, but do yourself a faavor and ger properly fitted FIRST! Not at some lame plave like Victoria Secret (which I assume since you were an F you didn't go to in the first place, LOL) But just make sure. You can find them for btween 50-35 just depends on sale prices. If you have never signed up for Amazon clothing shopping before you can get an 20% discount off your first purchase for doing so. They are the best no UNDERWIRE, 3-4 back closures and badded staps...they do not stretch so you will not bounce and all breast tissue WILL be covered I got awayw with wearing mine for about 18 pounds before I had to get new ones and am now weaing 32f's soon I will be doing down again. But becaus they don't stetch I think you can actually get away with wearing them a little longer as you downsize =-) good luck!
    Hi, I have a rather large breast size 36 FF and I find a normal bra does not help me to exercise. Is there any decent exercise bras that aint too costy, can you help?
    Anyone else have this problem?
  • smalls9686
    Options
    Try amazon shock absorber level 4, instead of 3 things that I am sure cost 30 bucks you could get one good one...just give it a shot...you will not be disappointed...changed my life! I never thought I would be a runner until I met the shock absorbers! Oh, and I started off as a 34H!
  • smalls9686
    Options
    shock absorbers are great. mine are GG / H. they don't move.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Totally 1000% this there is NO bounce at all!
  • vjw221
    vjw221 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Whether you're in US or UK try bravissimo.com.... i live in the states and purchase all of my bras from them. they range from 30-50 buck but fit very well. I'm a 38JJ (UK) and they go up to L. i have three of the sports bras and they keep me in like they should. flat shipping rate of like 15 buck also. not a bad deal.
  • firstsip
    Options

Er, yeah. The first row says that. The second row is not saying 38DD is the same as 36DD--it specifically said "Each cup size is different depending on band size."
  • RachArmstrong
    RachArmstrong Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Another Amen to this one

I'm exactly the same size as you and I swear by Shock Absorbers level 4