I am a Grandma..and yeah I don't take any crap

Options
124»

Replies

• Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    I had one grandmother who gave us loads of sweets (candy) and the other paid us 2p per 10 dandelions dug up :laugh:

To begin with I loved the soft, sweety grandmother, but as I grew up I valued the spikier one too for the conversations we had and the books we shared. Then I tired of my grumpy gran being nasty about my dad and had, sadly, stopped visiting by the time she died. The softer grandmother moved in round the corner and I went round every day after school, until I started to find the constant stream of food and bad telly too suffocating. I still visited regularly, but not daily.

My parents are great, highly involved grandparents. There are moments when I do criticise their use of food, the timing more than anything. Eating when you're completely full isn't a good habit to get into, eg a fruit bun after a pizza buffet.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    I miss mine heaps, she died too young and she was my most favourite person. She was the best cook and I still try to make some of her European dishes now and then so I don't forget how.. plus I love them. Pop loved her so much. She was awesome. Never saw a bad side to her ever.
  • salladeve
    salladeve Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    I would think that the OP was looking for a cookie but I think she thinks that cookies are in the realm of 'junk and crap'. So no cookie for OP.

My grandmother is 94 years old. She cooks, cleans, goes for walks, lives in the basement of a two story house (meaning she climbs stairs several times of days as well) and seems to eat nothing but candy during the day. I hope to be as spry as her if I make it to her age and also eat 'crap and junk' with impunity.

Edit: typo

YES! This is the how I want to be! I just love elderly people like this, they are an inspiration!