Lose 2lbs/month - Permanent Thread until Jan1st, 2014

Options

Replies

• Chevy_Quest
    Chevy_Quest Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    Hi - I was in an "analytical mood" this weekend and I wanted to see how I was doing since the beginning of the challenge. My goal was to lose weight at an average of 1.5-2.0 lbs per month. I wanted to concentrate on my fitness and enjoy the journey.

I keep a spreadsheet and I do a "10 day running average" of my weight so the trends look smoother. Plus a "high calorie" day is "absorbed" into the data as long as I get back on the horse fast :-)

Sept1sttoOct26th10dayaverage_zpsbbb11b0d.jpg
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options
    Hi - I was in an "analytical mood" this weekend and I wanted to see how I was doing since the beginning of the challenge. My goal was to lose weight at an average of 1.5-2.0 lbs per month. I wanted to concentrate on my fitness and enjoy the journey.

I keep a spreadsheet and I do a "10 day running average" of my weight so the trends look smoother. Plus a "high calorie" day is "absorbed" into the data as long as I get back on the horse fast :-)

Sept1sttoOct26th10dayaverage_zpsbbb11b0d.jpg

Very nice - you seem to be right on track :flowerforyou:
  • lucypeaks
    lucypeaks Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    SW (Jan 2013) 175lbs
    CW (Oct 2013) 131lbs
    GW 125lbs

Been a hard but very rewarding year so far, and have found that regular exercise is the BEST reliever of stress EVER! Even more than chocolate...i think!
  • fishergal5
    fishergal5 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Correction: SW was 192 and CW is 190, just got batteries for my scale....woo hoo! first pounds off! So GW for New Years day will be 185 instead of 188.
  • tootchute
    tootchute Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Current weight and last weight of the month, 273.4
  • sarah456s
    sarah456s Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    SW (Sept 2013): 173
    CW: 171.5

I actually stuck to my MFP calorie goal religiously most of last week and dropped 2 lbs in 6 days (after dropping nothing in 34 days when I was kinda-sorta aiming for my goal but mostly going over by a couple hundred calories). Went back up another half a pound overnight after I overate a bit yesterday. But 2lbs in a week is a bit fast for me!

I'm still trying to work out my happy calorie goal where I'll lose 2lb a month steadily without being hungry. I noticed last week I was OK hunger-wise when I ate ALL my exercise calories (so, eating about 1750-1900). But my one day of rest is Saturday and I really didn't enjoy sticking to less than 1600. Maybe if I just stick to 1750-1900 on all 7 days of the week, even if I don't exercise on one day, that'll slow down the weight loss but not stall it.
  • czechwolf52
    czechwolf52 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    CW: 134.4

Woo, I was really surprised to see that number this morning. I had my first weekend of not-so-well eating, where I was still under (just barley) if my guesses were correct. Hopefully next week I'll see 133!
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,288 Member
    Options
    Hi Chevy! I'd love to join your thread. It's just what I need because my red days have out numbered my green days lately. I must get back on track. I can't run...nasty knees...but I walk and workout 4-6 times a week. It's my eating that has slipped out of control. A little bit here...a little bit there really does add up. So, thank you for starting this thread. It will help keep me accountable.

Highest weight -- 192.2
    For this challenge: (I was 129.2 Friday morning...ate a lot of salty food this weekend, and it shows!)
    SW -- 134.2
    CW -- 134.2
    GW -- 125.0

Chris
  • Ghlt4
    Ghlt4 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Hi, I know I've found this thread a little late but I'd love to join. I've lost approx 64lbs over the last two years. My weight has stayed the same for the last 3-4 months. At the beginning of October I decided to get serious these are my stats for October

SW 244

10/4. 182.5.
    10/11. 182.0
    10/18. 180.9.
    10/25. 179.8

I've lost 2.7lbs in October. My next weigh day is Nov 1st.

My goal weight for Jan 1st is 174.
    UGW ???
  • k80flec
    k80flec Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    10/19: 141.6
    10/26: 140.8
    10/31:

October: Total weight lost: 3.6 lbs

@chevy - well done on the 5k - its always fab when you hit a PB

@iron_feline - I can't wait for that pesky 3/4 of an inch to come off and put me under 30" waist. well done you.

Well done everyone for the progress made.

@chevy - is it possible to freeze to top line of the spread sheet so when we're looking at our info when can also see what each column refers to?
  • Chevy_Quest
    Options
    @k80flex - Great suggestion - Done :flowerforyou:

@chevy - is it possible to freeze to top line of the spread sheet so when we're looking at our info when can also see what each column refers to?
  • k80flec
    k80flec Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    @chevy - thanks - that 's' on your t-shirt is showing through again!!
  • Chevy_Quest
    Options
    Just doing my job LOL :drinker: :smile: :flowerforyou:
    @chevy - thanks - that 's' on your t-shirt is showing through again!!
  • Chevy_Quest
    Options
    <><><><><><><><>
    Spreadsheet up to here
    tinyurl.com/Lose8By2014
    6:05 PM 10/29/2013 EST
    <><><><><><><><>

@cpanus - Welcome

@czechwolf52 - Great job - keep up the great work

@fishergal5 - Thanks for joining and the keeping it green too!

@ghlt4 - Welcome to the group and the spreadsheet is updated with your back data.

@hollisGrant - 2 for October - yes.. that is YAY!

@k80flec - Thanks for the cool suggestiong about "freezing" the upper rows. I did that for the other challenge too :-)

@katealbright - Love how you are adjusting as you get to your goal weight - great job!

@ironfeline thanks for the props :-)

@lucypeaks - Welcome - :-)

@natalieyeo39 - Welcome to here and Keeping it Green! :-)

@sara -
    I'm still trying to work out my happy calorie goal where I'll lose 2lb a month steadily without being hungry
    - by the way that is exactly where I am - I am trying to experiment with how many of my exercise calories I can eat back ... weight loss rate vs. hunger.

@tootchute - Great job - you are halfway there :-)

Me - 185.4 - took a step back - not to worry - I'm in it for the long haul! :-)
  • Chevy_Quest
    Options
    shameless plug for my other challenge - This is an actual group so if it looks like something for you.. then join the group. It is NOT focused on the scale, but on the habits that create health (and of course gradual, safe, weight loss)

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/17168-keeping-it-green-while-eating-challenge-nov-2013

This is the 3rd month we have done it and it is a fun community! :smile:
  • Chevy_Quest
    Options
    Thought I would share some of my goals for November - Theme - get out of my comfort zone:

What are your goals this month - (Optional)

Hi,

My Goals:

--- Eating ---
    1. 25 "Green Days" with an average deficit of 200-250 calories per day (never going over 500 cals).
    2. That will give me a bank of about 5000-6000 calories that I can "spend" on my 5 "red days" . I am going to budget a lot for Thanksgiving ... I refuse to hold back (but I will log) :smile:
    3. Eat at least two servings of fresh fruit and/or vegetables a day. This is something I need to improve on. Plus - I feel better and have way better control over my appetite.
    4. Continue to Eat Pizza Regularly (but I have to eat my veggies first). (There are no "restricted foods" in my world)

--- Exercise ---
    1. For the 19 working days this month Get up around 5;30 and get out the door to walk/run/go to the gym by 6:00 AM
    2. Log 125 miles in the MYA challenge
    3. Participate in the calories burned section of Coach_Simon's - Infinite Ambitious Possibilities Group
    4. Do 5 sets of pushups 10 days this month and track
    5. Do ab workout 10 days this month and track
    6. Start to do leg exercises such as squats - Do at least 5 days
    7. Run a 5K race formally or self timed without stopping
    8. Do two standard Heart Rate tests on Treadmill and stairmaster
    9. Log at least 30 stairmaster miles (out of the 125 for MYA) - hard earned miles

--- Personal ---
    1. Put family above all
    2. On work days (19) check work email before 8:00 AM

--- Scale ---
    1. Lose 1-2 lbs
  • Chevy_Quest
    Options
    I enthusiastically encourage you (if you have time).. to post any NSV that you might have.. the more NSVs that are NOT related to the scale the better :smile:
  • WorkingOutInPA
    WorkingOutInPA Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    SW: 182
    CW: 174.6
    UGW: 135 - getting closer :bigsmile:

Keep up the good work everyone!!
  • Chevy_Quest
    Options
    <><><><><><> Spreadsheet to here <><><><>
    tinyurl.com/Lose8By2014

@workingoutinpa - CONGRATULATIONS - You are the first person in the whole spreadsheet to achieve a "green" background. Great job!

SW: 182
    CW: 174.6
    UGW: 135 - getting closer :bigsmile:

Keep up the good work everyone!!
  • sarah456s
    sarah456s Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Great job workingoutinpa! Congrats!

@Chevy - thanks for everything! This is a great idea, and I love the spreadsheet.

OK, you asked for NSV's - here's mine. I've been doing some exercise 6 days a week for well over a month, even if that is only 20 minutes of walking. I'm hoping that this is a habit I can really stick to, as consistent exercise is a big aim of mine. This morning, my bf and I, who are training for a 5k, actually ran/walked a 5k distance together for the first time. Yay! Our aim is to run the whole way, but we have another 4 weeks to get to that point. [I've run/walked a 5k before, and some longer races too in the past, so I know I can cover the distance, but I haven't run for a year and never ran the whole way. He's never done anything like this.] So, I'm pretty happy with my fitness gains. :)