Mind your own business ((RANT))

Options
donyellemoniquex3
donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
As much as I love MyFitnessPal there's some problems. Whenever I write "has burned 1 calories doing 60 minutes of XYZ", is always criticised from people saying that I should get an HRM. When I tell them that I need a new laptop and food on the table, they get offended. Well if you REALLY want me to get an HRM, by all means use that paycheck from your good paying career and buy it for me. I'll even show you what one I have in my amazon wish list ! I don't have the money for extravagent 3 month trips to Bermuda and thousands of dollars worth of beach body Blu-rays, cardio equipment or a new pair of Nike Air every 6 months like you do.

Replies

• TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options
    if you are logging exercises as 1 calorie because you are using the TDEE method that is all the explanation you should have to provide. I know you get a kick out of starting topics that cause a lot of backlash, though, so have fun with this.
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    Not many people have the money for extravagant three month trips to Bermuda. Trust me on this.

That aside, if the same people are repeating the statement over and over again, something else is up... or you need new people.
  • LurveTheDoctor
    Options
    Not many people have the money for extravagant three month trips to Bermuda. Trust me on this.

That aside, if the same people are repeating the statement over and over again, something else is up... or you need new people.

!!

I don't see why you can't save some money for a HRM (heart rate monitor?)
  • poedunk65
    poedunk65 Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    WAAHHHHHHHHH,lol
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options

!!

Well, I am not the OP.

But I don't have a HRM and I'm not going to get one. I'm doing fine at losing weight without one, and I have better things to spend my money on -- things which will be of more benefit to ME.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Oh this OP.... again. :yawn:
  • LurveTheDoctor
    Options

!!

Well, I am not the OP.

But I don't have a HRM and I'm not going to get one. I'm doing fine at losing weight without one, and I have better things to spend my money on -- things which will be of more benefit to ME.

In the OP she said she wants one.....
  • LurveTheDoctor
    Options
    Also, you *SHOULD* replace your workout shoes every 6 months or so. You could injure your feet otherwise.
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options

!!

I suppose it would depend on income, expenses, and other wishes/wants. My suggestion to the OP would be that if your are that irritated with the comments remove those friends.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Why don't you say this to the people on your FL or/and delete them instead of creating drama and calling them out on the forums?
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options

In the OP she said she wants one.....

But she also said she has other things that she wants/needs more than a HRM at the moment.

There are plenty of things (not HRMs) that I would *like* to have and have on my amazon wishlist that aren't in the cards for me anytime in the next year. There are a few books that have been there for 6+ years that I still have never had the spare cash to order because there was always something I needed more.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    Delete friends that give you a hard time.

Problem fixed.

Now riddle me this, Batman, how do I fix the problem of personal rants over inconsequential crap that keep popping up in the general forums?
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options

Problem fixed.

Now riddle me this, Batman, how do I fix the problem of personal rants over inconsequential crap that keep popping up in the general forums?

Report them?
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    As much as I love MyFitnessPal there's some problems. Whenever I write "has burned 1 calories doing 60 minutes of XYZ", is always criticised from people saying that I should get an HRM. When I tell them that I need a new laptop and food on the table, they get offended. Well if you REALLY want me to get an HRM, by all means use that paycheck from your good paying career and buy it for me. I'll even show you what one I have in my amazon wish list ! I don't have the money for extravagent 3 month trips to Bermuda and thousands of dollars worth of beach body Blu-rays, cardio equipment or a new pair of Nike Air every 6 months like you do.

I'm going to be honest, I've never had anyone look at my 1 calorie burn and suggest I get a hrm. Sometimes new friends will ask wtf it's about (an hour of spin is 1 calorie? Dafuq) but once I explain it it's never brought up again.

Mayhaps you should explain the method and leave it at that. Or get new friends, yours sound weird. Then again they're probably offended and deleting you as I type this, so never mind. Mission accomplished?
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options

Problem fixed.

Report them?

Rhetorical question was rhetorical but good suggestion.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Bermuda isn't that great. 3 months would be way too long.
  • mag131
    mag131 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    WAAHHHHHHHHH,lol

QFT.
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    Bermuda isn't that great. 3 months would be way too long.

~glowers at Contratian~
    It's great here.

Gorgeous
    Not much to do.
    Expensive
    But gorgeous.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    You need new friends...

...or thicker skin.

Maybe both.

Good luck with whichever approach you decide to take.