Mind your own business ((RANT))

Options

Replies

• RuleFive
    RuleFive Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    Hmmm. Do you log calories you burn everytime you cry? I bet they really add up.

Should get a HRM to check...

Maybe typing in all caps lock will show how much you hate people telling you what to do... Even though clearly, you like telling people what to do as well.

lolz.
  • DYfive
    DYfive Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Man, people on these forums are always bullying... whining... ranting...

And I'm just over here craving a cheeseburger.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Not many people have the money for extravagant three month trips to Bermuda. Trust me on this.

That aside, if the same people are repeating the statement over and over again, something else is up... or you need new people.

!!

I don't see why you can't save some money for a HRM (heart rate monitor?)

I don't see why people think a HRM is essential (or even remotely beneficial in many situations). Interesting data? Sure, but in no way will it ultimately affect your results if you're tracking and adjusting as needed.
  • SlinkyAndHerAmazingBunsOfSteel
    Options
    I thought this topic was START your own buisiness... *leaves quickly*
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Bermuda isn't that great. 3 months would be way too long.

~glowers at Contratian~
    It's great here.

Gorgeous
    Not much to do.
    Expensive
    But gorgeous.

Meh. It's okay. My personal preference is places that have a lot of natural flora and fauna. Bermuda is too cultivated for a hermit, like me. I like to be able to get lost. :smile:
  • SuperSexyDork
    SuperSexyDork Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    Sooo, OP when ya gonna buy that HRM????

The amount of butthurt she exudes is just fabulous!
  • LurveTheDoctor
    Options
    Not many people have the money for extravagant three month trips to Bermuda. Trust me on this.

That aside, if the same people are repeating the statement over and over again, something else is up... or you need new people.

!!

I don't see why you can't save some money for a HRM (heart rate monitor?)

I don't see why people think a HRM is essential (or even remotely beneficial in many situations). Interesting data? Sure, but in no way will it ultimately affect your results if you're tracking and adjusting as needed.

Aye, shes the one that said she wanted it. *shrug*
  • bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    I have a HRM...still type "1 calorie" burned for my exercises most of the time...never saw a need to make an issue of it.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Hold on a second. This thread might give me an opportunity for more data for a theory I have about MFP friends.

OP, how did you add these friends? Did you add them slowly, individually over a period of time based on perceived commonality from their posts or some other indication of compatibility...

...or did you add them all at once in a "Need friends for my journey" type of post?
  • RuleFive
    RuleFive Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    Oh,

Maybe you should go drink 8oz of water and go for a walk instead of ranting.
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    Buy the HRM. You can get a cheap one. :yawn:
  • Ophidion
    Ophidion Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    Wow glad I am not on your FL, and am sure it will shrink after this thread.

8B7eM10.gif

bb9ydTQ.gif
  • metaphoria
    metaphoria Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    Hold on a second. This thread might give me an opportunity for more data for a theory I have about MFP friends.

OP, how did you add these friends? Did you add them slowly, individually over a period of time based on perceived commonality from their posts or some other indication of compatibility...

...or did you add them all at once in a "Need friends for my journey" type of post?

Ooh. Interesting... *clicks pen and poises it gracefully above a clipboard for note taking*
  • m76b
    m76b Posts: 1,498 Member
    Options
    kCp1g.gif

hlnwo.gif
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options

Ooh. Interesting... *clicks pen and poises it gracefully above a clipboard for note taking*

I like where this train of thought is going as well. Very interesting. I'm gonna put on my guessing pants and say it was the latter.
  • janessanessa
    janessanessa Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Here is a suggestion.....keep your journals private if you don't want the critique. Oh and secondly, enough with the stereotyping and what comes across as jealousy. I am sure most of us cannot afford trips to Bermuda for three months at a time. Hell, I can't even afford to go ANYWHERE, what I do choose to do with my money is MY business. If I buy new shoes every few months, it's because I WORK MY *kitten* OFF in those shoes and need them as my old ones wear out. If I buy Beachbody workouts, so what, I choose to spend my money on the programs that work for me rather than sink the same amount into other DVDs/programs and gym memberships that I don't find helpful and don't work for me.

Try and focus on the positive. If you have issues with certain people, then simply don't add them or remove them from your friends list.

Different strokes for different folks.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Last time I checked, MFP was for grown-ups.

ab2.gif
  • janessanessa
    janessanessa Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    ^
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry that you're poor. I highly recommend keeping these friends who remind you that you're poor, as there is no way you can count calories without a HRM and they are just reminding you of that. When you have more money to pay for toys, and can thereby prove that you are serious, let me know. Oh, and don't get me started on old or out of style gym wear. I have no idea how anyone expects to reach their goals looking less than fabulous.
  • NormInv
    NormInv Posts: 3,285 Member
    Options
    I re-read this thread wearing an HRM and burned 29 calories!