why do men cheat?

Options

Replies

• Corsetopia
    Corsetopia Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    seems to me cheating is typically done for any number of reasons. I was really never able to pinpoint the exact reason why I was cheated on years ago. It could just be the nature of the person. The girl had cheated before and i was aware of it but my ego told me she wouldnt cheat on me. I was dead wrong and after about a year and a half I learned the hard way that leopard cant change its spots to stripes.

Took me a few hours to get past it but Im happy that i found out then before we moved in together/had kids/etc. Damage control was thankfully minor

You were cheated on?! This just doesn't compute in my brain. Wut.
  • gdweech
    gdweech Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    A long, long time ago, a good friend and I were talking about reasons for divorce. Anyway, the conversation became heated as my friend had VERY different ideas on infidelity. His thought was that you should give the person a chance as they are human first and as a human, they are flawed and will make mistakes. My thought was basically, you cheat, you're out. As the years have passed, I have come to discover that my friend was 100% right. We are human beings first, and as human beings, we will make mistakes. (During that conversation, it was discovered that my friends ex-wife had cheated on him, he had kicked her out, and as the years passed, he realized that he should have given her a second chance.)
  • DeadliftAddict
    DeadliftAddict Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    Some men cheat for the same reason's women do. Some men cheat cause they are selfish which is the same reason some women do. Both parties do it. If my wife does it. I'm done.
  • liftingheavy1
    Options
    one word why testosterone :)

this will help

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3psB9nG75sM
  • IronMikeFox
    IronMikeFox Posts: 458
    Options
    My husband thought I was too fat, too unattractive, and too boring.

Um .... he's either blind, insane, or both!
  • mnxl
    mnxl Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    would love to say i would divorce my wife, but when it comes down to it, i never could, she is my best friend.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    Plain and simple.

Cheating is only a symptom of bigger issues, either with the person them self or the relationship.
  • freckledjezebel
    freckledjezebel Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    There are people quoting statistics and arguing about which gender cheats more, but the answer is oh-so-simple:

Cheaters (applies to men and women and people who identify with both or neither) cheat because they are ****ty people with no respect for their partner or their relationship. Period.
  • Timshel_
    Options
    Cheaters cheat because they are ****ty people with no respect for their partner or their relationship. Period.

Disagree. While they do make a bad choice(s) and do have issues, doesn't mean they are bad people, per se.
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    Cheaters cheat because they are ****ty people with no respect for their partner or their relationship. Period.

Disagree. While they do make a bad choice(s) and do have issues, doesn't mean they are bad people, per se.

Lack of morals indicates a bad person.
  • CaptainHNNNGGG
    CaptainHNNNGGG Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    because dat *kitten*
  • Aparz1
    Aparz1 Posts: 949
    Options
    because dat *kitten*

Haha that is really funny.... think it may be the answer
  • Timshel_
    Options

Problem there is, people start grading those morals. They will lie themselves, maybe fudge taxes, or do something that is morally wrong themselves, but THAT isn't as bad as cheating.

Steal a penny or steal a million dollars.
    It is still stealing.

Anywho, I know a few very good people that have made bad decisions.

Usually commentary like calling cheaters ***tty people is some pent up bitterness from experience, which is really unfortunate.
  • liftingheavy1
    Options
    it is a simple answer for men it is just sex no emotions.

men are physically based women are emotionally based.
  • Lrdoflamancha
    Lrdoflamancha Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    OP you answered your own question. When women find they have been cheated on, they announce it to the visible universe. They are crying for sympathy. We both know where you can find that in the dictionary.
    When men find out that there woman has cheated they shut up, very embarrassed that she had to get it elsewhere.
    So the perception is men cheat more...they do not. It just sounds like it.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    because dat *kitten*

:laugh:
  • smokeyg01
    smokeyg01 Posts: 1,064
    Options
    Its actually proven fact that more women cheat then men
  • Lina_Loo_15
    Options

Problem there is, people start grading those morals. They will lie themselves, maybe fudge taxes, or do something that is morally wrong themselves, but THAT isn't as bad as cheating.

Steal a penny or steal a million dollars.
    It is still stealing.

Anywho, I know a few very good people that have made bad decisions.

Usually commentary like calling cheaters ***tty people is some pent up bitterness from experience, which is really unfortunate.

I agree with all of this. Wrong is wrong, and we've all made bad decisions.
  • trojan_bb
    trojan_bb Posts: 699 Member
    Options

Yes, but take testosterone and androgens in men for example. The more androgens in the body, the less empathy and ability to 'connect' with others, shown via a number of studies. Couple this with the sex drive effects of androgens, and you have a recipe for cheating and an inability to empathize with others...men can rationalize it under these circumstances. Of course, this doesn't legitimize cheating, self control is still possible. But, there are reasons behind everything.

On the flip side, women cheat too. And it's not due to androgens obviously.

I have no idea what the actual numbers are...but I highly doubt that men cheat more than women by a considerable amount, if at all.