Doin' the dirty is an exercise, right?

124»

Replies

• smrising
    smrising Posts: 23 Member
  • GeminiDelight
    GeminiDelight Posts: 45 Member
    you count whatever you want. i personally like to log it as wrestling or light stretching depending on how vigorous it was. i log everything. if i am not sitting on my butt, then i log it. i dont care if it is dish washing, sweeping the floor, etc. i also log everything i eat. loging everything has helped me to really see how much i was eating and how much i was not doing.

fyi- i have read some posts on here that are less than nice about how other people do things. ignore them.
  • smrising
    you count whatever you want. i personally like to log it as wrestling or light stretching depending on how vigorous it was. i log everything. if i am not sitting on my butt, then i log it. i dont care if it is dish washing, sweeping the floor, etc. i also log everything i eat. loging everything has helped me to really see how much i was eating and how much i was not doing.

fyi- i have read some posts on here that are less than nice about how other people do things. ignore them.

thank you for being so KIND...i guess some people lack that nowadays.
  • MstngSammy
    MstngSammy Posts: 436 Member

The search box is an absolute must!

When I first posted, it was on thread I searched on, and got told off for reviving an old thread.. theres just no win..

:drinker:
    Exactly my point. They're everywhere.
  • SophK90
    SophK90 Posts: 56
    call it what you want! ;)
    Measure with a heart rate monitor, or some calorie burn calculation sites do include that as an exercise option...

as for recording it, maybe something like 'bedroom aerobics...?'
  • Why log it???? I just figure it's some extra calories burned and enjoy it :)
  • MstngSammy
    MstngSammy Posts: 436 Member
    actually, i deactivated to reactivate. i really wasn't asking to get attention or be harshly ridiculed. it was pure curiosity...i didn't mean to cause such a scene, so i'm sorry for all the "mfp veterans" ...sheesh. you all obviously gave me the answer i was looking for..

and to all the positive comments, thank you and i appreciate it.
    6983b_ORIG-castle_confused.gif

She. Made. A. New. P R O F I L E.

LOL
  • happysherri
    happysherri Posts: 1,360 Member
    Just don't count it and it can be a bonus workout. Then go for a long jog and log that.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    no
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    were you not doin the dirty before you started losing weight?? then i wouldnt count it.

oh i like that thought. Yeah plenty of active nights at my heaviest and they didnt make the scale move.
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Actually I thought the whole thing was entertaining. Maybe I need to get some action....but how??????
  • waltcote
    waltcote Posts: 372 Member
    I'm not sure how many calories on e can burn in 45 seconds!? :smokin:
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    I'm not sure how many calories on e can burn in 45 seconds!? :smokin:

NtGNq1a.gif
  • bridgew24
    bridgew24 Posts: 143 Member
    I wouldn't bother. It's really not as many calories as you think.

This is similar to those who want to log 'cleaning' and 'meal preparation' under their daily exercise..

^^ THIS. Why do those even exist as 'cardio'?! That's just part of daily life! I don't log 'showering' or 'hanging out the washing'.
  • smrising
    i cant believe this is still going...
  • kordell70
    kordell70 Posts: 49 Member
    Like Rodney Dangerfield I tell you I get no respect. I told my wife let's make love it counts as a cardio workout routine. 30 minutes later the guy she was cheating on me taps me on the shoulder and says there is a 30 minute limit with the equipment and with asks if I can let him work in.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Just log it running...
  • smrising
    Just log it running...

thanks, i will. it could be considered strength training, sometimes it does require using muscles...a lot..