No compliment from spouse

Options
13»

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,529 Member
    Options
    Well sometimes it depends on things like age. At 63, a lot of people tend to lose weight if they get SICK. Whether it be cancer, stomach issues, etc., many people won't comment out of respect to the person.
    As for spouses, if you're losing weight and changing and they aren't, it could just be an insecurity thing for them.
    You want a compliment, just ask someone you haven't seen in awhile "how do I look?" and they'll of course say "you look great! What are you doing?" This will break the stigma that there isn't anything wrong with you health wise and/or they'll feel comfortable talking to you about the weight change.

Lol, if you're Asian, we usually have no filter and will mention if you're too fat, or too skinny or look like you're gaining weight.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 35+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • giadimedici
    giadimedici Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    i didn't lose weight for my husband. i did it for me. i don't expect accolades from anyone.
    but that's just me.
  • AIP4ever
    AIP4ever Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I suppose your spouse never criticized you either. Perhaps it means he/she loves you unconditionally, no matter what, and she/he is in love with you no matter how you look or how old you will be. Perhaps that's a good thing?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!