mmmmm <3 curves

How YOU doin'?
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Since when does 28% = ALL??
  • LurveTheDoctor
    Options
    I'm SO tired of fat *kitten* (myself included) being babies about terms. If you're obese... YOU'RE FAT!!! You're not curvalicious.. You're not phat.. YOURE FATTTTT!!

Don't want to be fat?! DO SOMETHING!!!

I made EVERY excuse in the book!! And then FINALLY I was like uhhh IM FAT!!! I got my *kitten* to the gym, started eating better!! And in 6 days I've lost 7lbs! My whole body hurts!!! Shin splints (sp?) my knee hurts... But if you want it.. You'll work you fat *kitten* off till you're not fat anymore!!!!

6 days?! wow girl you really are working that *kitten* off. I really feel like I can look up to you now! not just anybody can lose 7lbs!
    Don't hate.
  • getitamb
    getitamb Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    I'm curvy naturally. As I lose weight, I'm still, curvy just smaller. Like my boobs. But I never had an *kitten* so u can't miss what you didnt have
  • ToFatT0B3S1ck
    ToFatT0B3S1ck Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    In.
  • Mobilemuscle
    Mobilemuscle Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    I'm SO tired of fat *kitten* (myself included) being babies about terms. If you're obese... YOU'RE FAT!!! You're not curvalicious.. You're not phat.. YOURE FATTTTT!!

I made EVERY excuse in the book!! And then FINALLY I was like uhhh IM FAT!!! I got my *kitten* to the gym, started eating better!! And in 6 days I've lost 7lbs! My whole body hurts!!! Shin splints (sp?) my knee hurts... But if you want it.. You'll work you fat *kitten* off till you're not fat anymore!!!!

need to treat those shin splints and knee pain

basically you have created some sort of shear load or tissue load around the shin because of improper movement patterns

some random thoughts

- heel striking- deceleration of foot coming through at high speed causing transational maximal loading through the ankle. gotta stop that( forefoot striking NEEDS to be used, get flat soled shoes, walk barefoot, take care of your feet)
    - need to increase dorsiflexion of the ankle(and overall ROM) and adrdess stiffness of the anterior tib(from sitting and bad movement, so smash the crap out of em)
    -address ankle capsular ROM and heel cord stiffness...
    - if you already have swelling in the innerosseous membrane you need to compress the swelling out of the interstitial tissues.
    - once you start running right learn to work on the posterior tib. especially if you walk and stand like a duck

- clean up the anterior areas of the hip into extension so you have good ROM when you run
    - work on the bottom of the foot( plantar fascia)

Seriously... those problems are a HUGE red flag that WILL result in an injury sooner or later and absolutely derail your progress. Dont just power through the injuries(that is like burning down your house to make some toast)

google all that stuff I wrote and take care of yourself...

Great job on the decision to do something though!
  • ToFatT0B3S1ck
    ToFatT0B3S1ck Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I wish I was curvy. Label me jealous. I lost my curves when I lost weight. D cup to a B 0_o and I never had an *kitten*.
  • LurveTheDoctor
    Options

basically you have created some sort of shear load or tissue load around the shin because of improper movement patterns

some random thoughts

- heel striking- deceleration of foot coming through at high speed causing transational maximal loading through the ankle. gotta stop that( forefoot striking NEEDS to be used, get flat soled shoes, walk barefoot, take care of your feet)
    - need to increase dorsiflexion of the ankle(and overall ROM) and adrdess stiffness of the anterior tib(from sitting and bad movement, so smash the crap out of em)
    - if you already have swelling in the innerosseous membrane you need to compress the swelling out of the interstitial tissues.
    - once you start running right learn to work on the posterior tib. especially if you walk and stand like a duck

- clean up the anterior areas of the hip into extension so you have good ROM when you run

Seriously... those problems are a HUGE red flag that WILL result in an injury sooner or later and absolutely derail your progress. Dont just power through the injuries(that is like burning down your house to make some toast)

Thank you and I will take your advice. I actually have a DR appointment bc I can't do the treadmill with an incline anymore.. >.<
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options

6 days?! wow girl you really are working that *kitten* off. I really feel like I can look up to you now! not just anybody can lose 7lbs!
    Don't hate.

I am not trying to, I really do think it's great that you're making a change, but the post came off a little strong and preachy. I'm also just a sarcastic *****. sorry. :flowerforyou:
  • Mobilemuscle
    Options

some random thoughts

Thank you and I will take your advice. I actually have a DR appointment bc I can't do the treadmill with an incline anymore.. >.<

dont let the doc drug you up and DONT ice the knee and shin( use compression and elevation instead)...save the ice for margaritas

docs treat symptoms not the problems.... you should stop running until the pain and swelling goes away though...but then work on fixing your mechanics(start by living barefoot as often as possible)
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    You can be fat and curvy, slim and curvy and in the middle and curvy, I for one am about 20 pnds over weight (if that) and am curvy.

Yep. Fat and curvy here. Not every fat girl is a curvy girl.
  • NoeHead
    NoeHead Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    I'm not curvy, just extremely well rounded...do I still count?
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    I am very curvy. I have hourglass measurements. Take that!
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options

dont let the doc drug you up and DONT ice the knee and shin( use compression and elevation instead)...save the ice for margaritas

docs treat symptoms not the problems.... you should stop running until the pain and swelling goes away though...but then work on fixing your mechanics(start by living barefoot as often as possible)

Why no ice?? Ice is dabomb!

OP, sounds like it's time to hit your local running store for a foot strike analysis and shoe fitting session!
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options
    Definitely not plus sized but I'm working on getting curvier (mostly in the butt). Strong Curves for the win!
  • mmckee10
    mmckee10 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I'm plus sized. and a little *cough*a LOT*cough* fat. But i'm working on it. Can I ask why our clothing isn't labeled like men's clothing? (just thinking it would avoid all this nonsense?).:flowerforyou:

...and i'm not curvy because i'm built like a brick :sad:.. (meaning that the bust, waist, hip measurements are all super close :/ )
  • Mobilemuscle
    Options

Why no ice?? Ice is dabomb!

OP, sounds like it's time to hit your local running store for a foot strike analysis and shoe fitting session!

there are TONS of reasons for not icing darlin...

need to work WITH the bodies natural healing processes...not against them

the key is to remove the toxic swelling via compressive forces and elevation and replace it with healing healthy plasma(think macrophages, IGF's',MGF's, etc)....so we want to be able to restore movement as quickly as possible(immobilization is crap as well)

ice has been proven again and again to do NOTHING to promote healing. Its about time people start catching on.

Save the ice for the drinks.
  • stephanieross1
    stephanieross1 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    As a nurse, ice is beneficial to decrease swelling.
    We like to use the acronym RICE
    Rest
    Ice
    Compress
    Elevate

All are good for you! but this is besides the thread topic
  • 2stepscloser
    2stepscloser Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    I'm chubby, I'm curvy, I'm big boned, and I'm sexy.
  • Mobilemuscle
    Options
    As a nurse, ice is beneficial to decrease swelling.
    We like to use the acronym RICE
    Rest
    Ice
    Compress
    Elevate

All are good for you! but this is besides the thread topic

During the past year, when discussing the topic of icing damaged tissue, I have learned to lead with the following information.

1) Icing damaged tissue does not prevent inflammation it merely delays inflammation (by the way, good thing it does not prevent inflammation; if it did, the tissue would not heal. Related questions; “Why would you want to delay healing? Or more importantly, do you actually believe that you are more qualified to regulate your body’s natural healing process then your innate intelligence?”)

2) Icing damage tissue does not reduce swelling (in fact, it will likely increase swelling)

3) Icing damaged tissue does not accelerate healing (in fact, it will likely cause additional damage)

Here’s a final thought to ponder;

Seriously … do you honestly believe that your body’s natural inflammatory response is a mistake and/or that incapacitating your muscles will somehow (magically) improve lymphatic drainage?