Why am i not losing!!!!!

Options
I have been running sooo much I average 100 miles a month training for runs, I have been staying under my calorie count of 1,200 , I cant seem to drop one pound!! I'm feeling frustrated, what could the problem beeeee!!! My mother who really doesn't work out has dropped 10 pounds in two weeks, how is this possible :(

Replies

• tessi1993
    tessi1993 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I would say your not eating enough.
    1200 is very low..
    however im no expert
  • zkjmum
    zkjmum Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    1200 is way too low for your level of activity! Your body has entered starvation mode and is holding onto fat stores! The more active you are, the more you're meant to eat. Do the calculations again, and be honest. Take the advice this site gives you.
  • Xaymi1908
    Options
    really u think, when i entered height and weight that's what it said, 1,200... :(
  • Xaymi1908
    Options
    2zkjmum i will try that again
  • SPeffer1
    SPeffer1 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I am not one to ever say ....you need to eat more to lose weight, but that is a very low number of calories for that much running! Are you eating back the calories you burn? I trained for races all last year and didn't come near 100 miles a month - I couldn't have lived on 1200 calories.
  • Linda09189
    Options
    not eating enough....that's simple
  • jeffpettis
    jeffpettis Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    LOL! I'm going to be the odd man out and say you're eating too much... You are not in a deficit. If you are doing that much cardio and not losing weight either you are eating more than you think or burning less than you think.
  • lilacinfinity
    lilacinfinity Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Also, with only 15lb to lose, don't tell it 2lb per week. that's not realistic. 1/2lb per week, 1 at the most.
  • jamiesillimandunn
    jamiesillimandunn Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Agreed too low....google Tdee and BMR ...educate yourself there first then read EVERYTHING when filling out MFP ...it probably says you need to NET 1200 calories a day ....at least if your running that much your DEFINATELY leaving your body with nothing to function including burning fat
  • Xaymi1908
    Options
    @jeffpettis Im running 7 miles daily, thats about 800 calories and eating 1,200 a day?
  • stephbens6
    stephbens6 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Try eating about every 3 hours.it speeds up your metabolism and also eat right and try to be as healthy as possible and stay hydrated ALWAYS =)
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    This is a excellent post to help you calculate your calorie and macro targets and it will also explain about exercise calories. Good luck.:flowerforyou: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • jeffpettis
    Options
    I'll throw another one out there and agree with everyone else. 1200 calories is WAY too low for that much exercise...

But...

If you are not losing weight with that much exercise... wait for it.... You are still eating too much. You are not in a deficit. Something is off with your calculations somewhere, somehow.
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    Your eating more than you think.
  • midwestmixtape
    midwestmixtape Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Do you eat back the calories you burn? Do you put the exercise into the app? I.E. Eating 2000 calories a day - running 800 = 1200 Net Calories

Sometimes I have had better luck trying to lose 1 lb / week instead of 2+ per week. My body is better at slowly losing than rapidly losing. Your mileage may vary.
  • jamiesillimandunn
    Options
    The ONLY thing I agree with here is. A POSSIBILITY of estimated burn and calorie intake being too high too low ....You can fix this by purchasing a food scale and HRM ....to get more precise ( not to a T ) but better ....and if your like me that when the reality sets in ....on WOW I'm not fueling my body for these burns let alone organ function !!
  • jeffpettis
    Options
    @jeffpettis Im running 7 miles daily, thats about 800 calories and eating 1,200 a day?

I'm not disputing the fact that you are burning a lot of calories. Sounds like you are Wonder Woman when it comes to running, but the simple fact is if you are not losing weight you are not in a deficit.
  • Xaymi1908
    Options
    Thank you everyone i will try and change a few things and see how it goes.
  • jamiesillimandunn
    Options

I'm not disputing the fact that you are burning a lot of calories. Sounds like you are Wonder Woman when it comes to running, but the simple fact is if you are not losing weight you are not in a deficit.

So say she was accurate in her numbers ?? How would you explain that ? 1200 calories a day - 800 excercise = 400 calories net !! Seriously dissappointed the assumption of over eating at this calorie level is even being brought up ......my advice would be get more accurate with food measuring , hrm , figure out you TDEE AND BMR and go from there ....with The numbers posted she is DEF. not over eating
  • GlassslippersAndFairyDust
    Options
    There is no way you are overeating. I would suggest eating back some of your exercise calories. I eat on average 1500-1900 a day with little exercise (not strenuous) and I'm dropping weight on a regular basis.