CANT FIGURE OUT WHAT IM DOING WRONG

Options
Hey all,

I need help. I'm a 22 year old female im 5'9 and 167lbs. My weight fluctuates a ridiculous amount. I'm an active person and I eat extremely healthy and have done so for the majority of my life. I get in about 30 - 75 minutes of cardio a day on a regular week....not the type of person to sit down and watch TV after work. My diet consists of probiotics, protein and fiber mainly. I dont eat heavy startchy, sweets or overly salty foods and I only drink water, tea and coffee. The majority of my fat sits around my mid- section and it has become so frusturating. Last year I went through a really hard time and because of it I didnt feel like eating for a long period of time and that was the only time I ever toned up and lost weight. It shouldnt take not eating to lose weight/fat though. Also I tend to bloat to the point of being uncomfortable...one day my pants will fit and the next day they will be 2 sizes too small....

any input is appreciated :)

Thanks

Replies

• chandanista
    chandanista Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    Could you open your diary, please?
  • amorrowmuffin
    Options
    Open now, thanks
  • ViktoryaC
    ViktoryaC Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    If you figure it out, let me know.....I weight about the same as you at 5'6, but my waist is 37 inches around......I've become almost all belly this last year.:sad: I don't know whats happened to me, but maybe we should add each other?
  • lattarulol
    lattarulol Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Is your diary accurate? If so, please get yourself to a nutritionist/doctor. You should NOT be eating 600 calories per day and exercising the amount that you are. Your body will revolt against you and you won't meet your goals in any healthy sense.
  • amorrowmuffin
    Options
    accepted :) and im beginning to wonder if its an allergy to something...
  • jafabuNZ
    jafabuNZ Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    See your doctor / gastroenterologist as soon as possible. It might be a gluten intolerance or a number of GI disorders, especially if there is abdominal bloating.
  • Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    Really? I can tell what your doing wrong.... If your diary is right your about 1000 calories from any sort of healthy eating....
  • amorrowmuffin
    Options
    Thanks everybody and lattarulol they may be a little off I just got back into MFP but I usually eat between 900 and 1100 cals
  • amorrowmuffin
    Options
    They may be a little off I just got back into MFP but I usually eat between 900 and 1100 cals
  • lattarulol
    lattarulol Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I still don't think that is enough with the amount that you are exercising. How is your menstral cycle (only if you are off bc pills since those regulate your hormones for you)

It could be an allergy though to cause the bloating.
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    A good start would be to start eating food. A calorie deficit is all that is needed to lose weight. (exercise for fitness) Set reasonable goals. Log accurately. Weigh everything. Be patient. Also, with 27 pounds to lose, it will be a slower process.

Read this and all of the links in it:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants?page=1#posts-16625920

P.S. If you are that concerned over allergies or some type of medical issue, then go see your doctor.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    Probiotics is not a food item and on a good day you are underrating by at least 500 calories and probably a lot more than that. You're bordering on an eating disorder so I'd either fix that yourself or seek some professional help to find out why you think that's a good idea.
  • TINAHUNTER1969
    TINAHUNTER1969 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Looking at your diary you are not eating enough for the amount of exercise that you are doing.

When you enter your food does it say at the bottom of the page that you are not eating enough?

MFP works out your calorie intake based on the information you put in - try upping your calories to what it tells you to eat for a couple of weeks to see if this makes a difference.

See your doctor about the bloating.

Good luck x
  • sunnshhiine
    sunnshhiine Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    It's probably due to the fact that you are literally STARVING yourself! Exercising THAT much, but only giving your body between 600-900 calories a day to fuel itself is not going to cut it.

Nothing good will come of it. You will retain water, not lose weight, become anemic, and notice hair loss -- among other things. Unless the aforementioned is your goal, start eating more food.

If you don't believe me, ask your doctor -- but be prepared for the cold hard truth from him/her.
  • amorrowmuffin
    Options
    sorry guys im just getting back into MFP my logs are exactly accurate but i normally consume between 900 and 1100 calories im not a big eater....
  • amorrowmuffin
    Options
    ARENT *******
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    If you only take in 1100 calories, and burn off....say 400....during cardio, you're only netting 700 for the day. That's no where near enough.
  • Idka81
    Idka81 Posts: 42
    Options
    We were just discussing this issue in this topic. You are simply not eating enough. Check it out: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1113924-why-wont-this-weight-go-away
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    sorry guys im just getting back into MFP my logs are exactly accurate but i normally consume between 900 and 1100 calories im not a big eater....

There's a reason that 1200 calories is considered the safe minimum for a sedentary woman. Below that it's very difficult to get enough nutrients in. You tend to risk vitamin deficiencies, low protein, low fats, etc. which can all lead to other side effects.

If you have a hard time eating more then consider including some calorie dense foods into your diet. These give you a lot of calories without adding lots of food to your stomach. Nuts, nut butters, olive oil, coconut oil, fruit juices, protein shakes and smoothies, full fat dairy, Greek yogurt, cheese, avocado, etc. It should be easy to increase your calories by a few hundred at each meal with a little planning.

As always, double check that your logging is accurate. Weigh and measure your foods, remember to take cooking oils and condiments into account. 900-1100 calories is still probably not enough if you're very active.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    You don't have to be a big eater to get your calories and nutrition in. Eat full fat dairy, lean meats, eggs, oils. nuts, peanut butter. You can add calories without adding volume.