Will I lose weight eating this daily? Any tips?

Options
1235»

Replies

• wilmnoca
    wilmnoca Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    You will never reach weight loss goals like this. You'll plateau and gain.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    Yes, you need to eat more than you stated in your original post. You've got some good foods, but I don't know if it would all justify as one meal.

I have lost 23 pounds on following what MFP came up with according to my weight loss goals. I eat oatmeal, Greek yogurt, nuts, fish, chicken, beef, fruits, veggies, popcorn!, and I eat six times a day. I take all my food to work with me, and it doesn't take long to prepare.

The good changes you make now will last you a lifetime if you take weight loss slow and easy. :smile:
  • bookworm19
    bookworm19 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    She isn't TRYING to be anorexic, she just isn't educated about dieting. You don't seem to know Diddly-squat about Anorexia so you can shut up.
  • RockinTerri
    RockinTerri Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Here's a sample day for me as of late -

Breakfast (235 calories):
    Pumpkin spice English muffin with 1T strawberry cream cheese
    Coffee with 1T creamer and sweet'n'low

Lunch (400-500 calories)
    Peanut butter and jam sandwich
    pretzel thins
    Applesauce

Dinner (400-600 calories on average):
    Meat (usually lean, though not always)
    Grain (potato, pasta, or rice)
    Vegetable(s)
    Milk

3 or 4 Snacks (~50-100 calories apiece):
    pumpkin seeds
    Greek yogurt
    string cheese
    hard boiled egg
    fruit
    small piece of chocolate

That puts my daily allotment at between 1200-1600 calories per day. This is an example of what I've been doing lately, and will vary depending on what I have going on. I will say that it is a good thing to plan your meals out ahead though, so you know what you have to work with. On my workout days, I eat more. On days I don't, I eat less.

Oh, and don't forget - lots of water!

ETA: Don't deprive yourself of foods you want just to achieve your goal weight. Look at this as a lifestyle change. If it won't fit into your long-term goals, you will only set yourself up to fail.
  • xTurangaLeela
    Options
    Haha, thanks for the recognition ;)

Don't worry, I haven't actually ate this. I eat a lot more trust me and that's when I'm dieting, I just wanted to lose quicker that's all. Thanks for all the comments everyone though, even the jerkish ones. I'm not silly enough to starve myself.
  • xTurangaLeela
    Options
    She isn't TRYING to be anorexic, she just isn't educated about dieting. You don't seem to know Diddly-squat about Anorexia so you can shut up.
    THANK YOU.
  • StepAwayFromTheCupcake
    Options
    Ok if it's just time you're worried about, go out and get a crock pot. Go on the recipes section of this site and you will find pages and pages of different recipes. You can let something cook all night, and in the morning you can throw it in a tupperware container and you're good to go. I like to make chicken and veggie soups-it'll last a while and it's relatively inexpensive.

I'm a single mother of 2, I work full time, and I go to school full time. I'm busy as can be, and having a crock pot is amazing.

Protein shakes are pretty fantastic too!
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options

Actually there are many people on MFP who do know about eating disorders and the destruction those disorders can have on a person and their body. While the OP may not be "trying to be anorexic," if she were to eat the amounts stated in the OP (and did so long enough to reach her original goal of losing weight extremely fast) it could lead her down that road. Since you are struggling yourself, I am sure you already know that. MFP promotes a healthy approach to weight loss and does not promote unhealthy behaviors. Here is a bit from the community guidelines: (in case you were unaware)

3. No Promotion of Unsafe Weight-Loss Techniques or Eating Disorders
    1. a) Posts intended to promote potentially unsafe or controversial weight loss products or procedures, including non-medically prescribed supplements or MLM products will be removed without warning.
    2. b) Profiles, groups, messages, posts, or wall comments that encourage anorexia, bulimia, or very low calorie diets of any kind will be removed, and may be grounds for account deletion. This includes positive references to ana/mia, purging, or self-starving. Our goal is to provide users with the tools to achieve their weight management goals at a steady, sustainable rate. Use of the site to promote, glamorize, or achieve dangerously low levels of eating is not permitted.
    3. c) Photos intended to glamorize extreme thinness will be deleted.
    4. d) Those seeking support in their recovery from eating disorders are welcome at MyFitnessPal.
  • xTurangaLeela
    Options

Actually there are many people on MFP who do know about eating disorders and the destruction those disorders can have on a person and their body. While the OP may not be "trying to be anorexic," if she were to eat the amounts stated in the OP (and did so long enough to reach her original goal of losing weight extremely fast) it could lead her down that road. Since you are struggling yourself, I am sure you already know that. MFP promotes a healthy approach to weight loss and does not promote unhealthy behaviors. Here is a bit from the community guidelines: (in case you were unaware)

3. No Promotion of Unsafe Weight-Loss Techniques or Eating Disorders
    1. a) Posts intended to promote potentially unsafe or controversial weight loss products or procedures, including non-medically prescribed supplements or MLM products will be removed without warning.
    2. b) Profiles, groups, messages, posts, or wall comments that encourage anorexia, bulimia, or very low calorie diets of any kind will be removed, and may be grounds for account deletion. This includes positive references to ana/mia, purging, or self-starving. Our goal is to provide users with the tools to achieve their weight management goals at a steady, sustainable rate. Use of the site to promote, glamorize, or achieve dangerously low levels of eating is not permitted.
    3. c) Photos intended to glamorize extreme thinness will be deleted.
    4. d) Those seeking support in their recovery from eating disorders are welcome at MyFitnessPal.

Seriously, not trying to promote anorexia or eating disorders in any way. Just asking for advice on a meal plan. :)
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    That is a recipe for an eating disorder! Use the macros provided on MFP to calculate your calorie needs and target a sustainable weight loss. Otherwise you are setting yourself up to fail.
  • lsorci919
    lsorci919 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    I would at least recommend more calories of course (not that you haven't heard that enough already) but defiantly add some variety. Then you wont get bored. I've tried very restrictive diets before and I just end up getting bored and gaining it all back. So don't deprive yourself of the things you love and crave, just eat them in moderation. At 1200 to 1400 calories you will lose weight and be able to keep it off. If being busy stops you from reaching your caloric goal then plan your days ahead of time, add calorie dense foods like nuts, avocados, ect. Those are good for you and will help you reach your caloric goal while still losing weight.
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    Will you lose weight...yeah, probably.
    Will you damage your body, and likely binge repeatedly, or eventually feel so lousy you give up...yeah, probably.
  • dmarie5979
    Options
    I can't believe how people respond so rudely to someone who asked for simple advice. Why throw eating disorder comments at her? did she say she had one or wanted to go that route? No!!

Have you ever stopped to think that throwing anorexia and pro-ana around may just cause some young girls who may have been clueless to look those kinds of forums up? it's not like they got caring and positive advice around here.

some people need to get off their high horse and grow the hell up..
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options

Pardon me, but who are you directing this post to? For goodness sakes, why is it even necessary to tell someone to shut up? I mean, really.....

However, I do agree that the OP is trying to learn how to eat properly.
  • cupcakes_and_cardio
    cupcakes_and_cardio Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't even want to mess with me eating such a low amount of calories - I'd be in extreme b*tch mode!
  • RonnieLodge
    RonnieLodge Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    You probably would lose weight eating that way, but it won't feel very good and you will be tired, moody, hungry and will get ill easily. You will feel cold all the time, weak uncontrollably sleepy, grumpy and upset. That's no good. :noway:

Tips:

You can lose the weight you want AND feel really, really good about your body and yourself in general.

Read up on different ways of eating - what foods you currently eat and would like to eat more of?
    What fits in with your lifestyle and habits?

You know what your lifestyle is like and what will be realistic & workable for you.

For me, Intermittent Fasting (5:2) and Keto ways of eating work well. I feel energetic and chipper and love the way of eating.

I also do circuit training which gives me good muscle tone.