Gain a pound or so from eating a small amount of chocolate?

Options

Replies

• soyum
    soyum Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    1lb heavier? Try again...this time move just a little to the left or right on the scale...bingo! That lb is lost again, oops...move a little up or down on the scale....damn...gained it back. ;) lol...
  • HealthyVitamins
    HealthyVitamins Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    1 pound of fat = 3,500 calories,

so unless you are lying to yourself about how much chocolate you ate, you did not gain 1 pound of fat.
  • SGSmallman
    SGSmallman Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    A little bit of dark chocolate is good for you and has a number of health benefits. But agreed the ****ty chocolate with HFCS and other such artificial chemicals should be avoided.

But as others have said there are a number of variations that could have affected it you mention that your veg intake was slightly lower you could be lacking certain vitamins and minerals which are good for gut health plus they contain a lot of water.

My weight is so random i just ignore it now and look at pics, measurements instead
  • lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    I made it a personal choice to cut out sugar- mainly because it is toxic to our bodies

49107-polar-bear-wut-YBJn_zps89c090aa.jpeg
  • lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    I made it a personal choice to cut out sugar- mainly because it is toxic to our bodies

Wut? :frown:

It's true. It doesn't make you gain weight per say, unless you eat way over your calories. But specifically speaking of high fructose corn syrup and refined sugars are not good for our blood vessels. It's not the healthiest thing you can eat.

Oh, you've already replied. I love broscience!
  • elyelyse
    elyelyse Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    Just another vote for: 1 pound means nothing, unless those single pounds start to add up.
    I eat chocolate several times a week, and it hasn't kept me from losing. (I'm typically only having 50-100 calories at a time though)
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    add wine to that
  • drop_it_like_a_squat
    Options
    You can not gain actual weight as long as you are in a caloric deficit.
    It's not the sugar "shocking" your body (wth anyways) and it's not you missing any veggies.
    If you didn't go over your calorie allowance it's just a simple fluctuation. Don't stress over it.
  • Sandigesha
    Sandigesha Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    If it's from chocolate, then it's from it's sodium. So, water retention, not fat.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options

It's true. It doesn't make you gain weight per say, unless you eat way over your calories. But specifically speaking of high fructose corn syrup and refined sugars are not good for our blood vessels. It's not the healthiest thing you can eat.
    No. Your body runs on sugar. Every single thing your body does, from breathing, to eating, to your heart beating, to even thinking, relies on sugar. If sugar was toxic all life on this planet would be dead.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Sugar isn't toxic.
    Your weight will vary by a few pounds from day to day or from week to week - entirely normal.
    Eating a tiny amount of any food isn't going to add a pound of fat.

Calm down and carry on.
  • realme56
    realme56 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    add wine to that

You are adding the wine to the chocolate right??? Cause that is certainly VERY GOOD for the soul!!
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options

In...

...for more blood vessel health tips.
    :noway:
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    Shocking the system maybe? I don't know.

Did you try this already?
    5b5zjk.gif
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    :huh: :noway:
  • suziepoo1984
    suziepoo1984 Posts: 915 Member
    Options

In...

...for more blood vessel health tips.
    :noway:
    I have learnt so much today
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    please dont blame it on the chocolate. its not the chocolates fault. its nothing. actually.
  • littleburgy
    littleburgy Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    Unless it's a 3500 calorie piece of chocolate...
    don't blame the chocolate.

Will someone please think of the chocolate?

:wink:
  • RivenV
    RivenV Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    You can not gain actual weight as long as you are in a caloric deficit.
    It's not the sugar "shocking" your body (wth anyways) and it's not you missing any veggies.
    If you didn't go over your calorie allowance it's just a simple fluctuation. Don't stress over it.

The approximate amount of chocolate you would need to eat in proportion to body size to gain a pound (just from chocolate):
    599.gif
  • Krissypantz
    Options
    So its true not eating the usual amount of veggies in one day can make effect weight loss?