• Erica6130
    Erica6130 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Anything from Dr. Oz

:laugh: yep
  • kgreenRDLDN
    kgreenRDLDN Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Actually a lof the things you all listed are correct under the right context.

Most of the statements are taken out of context...Making them misinformation.

To be fair...you're right about that.
    It's when these things are boiled down to the simplest sound bite, where it becomes misinformation....

Except for the part about eating too much sugar *gives* you Diabetes.
    That's still facepalm worthy :laugh:

Only if the face palm is to the person saying it....lol like those v8 commercials.
  • 1two3four
    1two3four Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Interested to see what misinformation people have been told...

From a family member at the breakfast table while they're looking at the nutrition panel on a box of Quaker Oatmeal Squares and the nutrition panel on a box of Cap'n Crunch Berries:

"Wow! This cereal [Quaker Oatmeal Squares] is REALLY bad for you. One cup has 210 calories and 2.5 g fat! Cap'n Crunch Berries only has 100 calories per cup and 1.5 g fat."

THIS DRIVES ME FREAKING INSANE. Never mind that one cereal is twice as heavy as the other and much more DENSE, and let's just not even speak about actual nutritional value and not just calorie and fat content.
  • LordBezoar
    LordBezoar Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Muscle is MUCH more dense than fat , which is what people REALLY mean, however they tend to communicate it incorrectly .. because as we all know, a pound is a pound is a pound

Also, a pound is about $1.60 at current exchange rates... :P
  • sabified
    sabified Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    Exercise causes fat to turn into muscle

Often combined with

Muscle weighs more than fat

Really?? I've heard these often- and often tell people muscle weighs more than fat.
    Is that wrong because 1lb of muscle will still equal 1lb of fat (so just a technically incorrect statement) or is there other reasoning behind this?

ETA
    Muscle is MUCH more dense than fat , which is what people REALLY mean, however they tend to communicate it incorrectly .. because as we all know, a pound is a pound is a pound

That answers my q. Thanks!
  • fitandgeeky
    fitandgeeky Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Don't eat fruit. It has too much sugar, especially bananas.
    Condiments make you fat.
    Clean eating is the only way to get abs.
    Squats will ruin your knees.
    Cardio is the best exercise for losing weight and burning fat.
    Drink this fruity water infusion to detox your body and flush the fat.
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    Actually a lof the things you all listed are correct under the right context.

Most of the statements are taken out of context...Making them misinformation.

To be fair...you're right about that.
    It's when these things are boiled down to the simplest sound bite, where it becomes misinformation....

Except for the part about eating too much sugar *gives* you Diabetes.
    That's still facepalm worthy :laugh:

Only if the face palm is to the person saying it....lol like those v8 commercials.

:laugh: high five to the face! :blushing: :bigsmile:
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    It's not my fault I'm fat - I've got bad genes.

Eating after 6 pm makes you fat. (Although it IS true that eating after midnight will turn you into a gremlin.)

If you eat "healthy" food, you don't have to watch your calories. :laugh:

I can't afford to lose weight (it's too expensive to eat right and cut back on portions).

Oh, and the bulky woman thing. I've been lifting heavy for years and you can see from my pic I'm not bulky.
  • loriq41
    loriq41 Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    [

I don't know why this "debate" still surprises me, however, given the fact that there are many here that constantly refer to "loosing" weight.
    [/quote]

Every time I see that I die a little inside....lol
  • 1two3four
    1two3four Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I can't afford to lose weight (it's too expensive to eat right and cut back on portions).

Ohhh! This, this right here makes the steam pour out of my ears.
  • vinzorelli
    Options
    My favorites

-Need hours and hours of cardio to lose body fat
    -Need to enter starvation diet
    -"clean eating" (whatever that means) is the ONLY way (yet ppl drink processed protein shakes)
    - High reps to get "toned", low reps to get "bulky"
    -No carbs past 6pm
    -Carbs are bad for you
    -Sugar is bad for you
    -Fat makes you fat
    -Cutting needs to be done on 300g protein, 30g fat, 30g carbs (run if a "coach" puts you on this)