One. More. Person...

MrsCamp2013
MrsCamp2013 Posts: 49 Member
If one more person asks me when my baby is due, I'm going to flip out.
I'M NOT PREGNANT.
And dont retort with "are you sure?"
Yes I'm sure. THanks.

3 times in the past couple of weeks. I don't even have a belly that looks remotely like there is a baby in there! Apparently I'm "glowing". No sweetie, that's just makeup.

Done venting.
Anyone else want to vent too? Has someone said something to you that just really irritates the crap out of you? Go for it, vent away =)

Replies

• jeffd247
    jeffd247 Posts: 319 Member
    You sure you're not pregnant?
  • MrsCamp2013
    You sure you're not pregnant?

Haha, I was wondering how long that would take :laugh:
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    I see that you have a wedding picture as your profile picture. Have you recently gotten married? This is more than likely why people are asking. They are expecting it and if they even remotely see a tiny belly that is what they will assume.
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    I'M NOT PREGNANT.
    Yes I'm sure. THanks.

3 times in the past couple of weeks. I don't even have a belly that looks remotely like there is a baby in there! Apparently I'm "glowing". No sweetie, that's just makeup.

Done venting.
    Anyone else want to vent too? Has someone said something to you that just really irritates the crap out of you? Go for it, vent away =)

So. uh. When are you due?
  • MrsCamp2013
    I see that you have a wedding picture as your profile picture. Have you recently gotten married? This is more than likely why people are asking. They are expecting it and if they even remotely see a tiny belly that is what they will assume.

Ya I got married in June. The funny thing is though, two were complete strangers!
  • Nikoruo
    Nikoruo Posts: 771 Member
    *insert funny retort here... comes up with nothing*

Never had that though i've wished i did. I think pregnancy is a nicer thing to be mistaken for then a whale D: lol seriously.

That and if people thought i was pregnant they'd be giving up their seat on the bus for me >:)
  • MrsCamp2013
    I'M NOT PREGNANT.
    Yes I'm sure. THanks.

Done venting.

So. uh. When are you due?

:bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • MrsCamp2013

Never had that though i've wished i did. I think pregnancy is a nicer thing to be mistaken for then a whale D: lol seriously.

That and if people thought i was pregnant they'd be giving up their seat on the bus for me >:)

Haha, too true. I've thought about just straight up messing with people, buut I could see that coming back to bite me.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    "No sweetie, that's just makeup." I love it. *hugs* I feel you, hon. It's a $h|tty feeling for sure... just wait a little while and I'm sure NO ONE will even think that, much less ask you!! :happy:
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member

Ya I got married in June. The funny thing is though, two were complete strangers!

Interesting. Maybe it's they type of clothes you are wearing? Do you wear a lot of shirts/dresses with empire waists? It's commonly a cut for Maternity wear, but can cross over into plus size, etc.
  • Nikoruo
    Nikoruo Posts: 771 Member

Haha, too true. I've thought about just straight up messing with people, buut I could see that coming back to bite me.
    Yeah haha. The good retorts are always questionable haha. Just get really weird and be like... "I didn't think I was but now i'm worried that it must have been aliens... omg! they said they used protection!" Then flail and leave them in the dust haha
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    dont let it bother you.
  • MrsCamp2013
    Awe, thank you =) I sure hope so! I can't wait to work down to a flat stomach so I can look down and say, really? Really?
  • MrsCamp2013

Interesting. Maybe it's they type of clothes you are wearing? Do you wear a lot of shirts/dresses with empire waists? It's commonly a cut for Maternity wear, but can cross over into plus size, etc.

Hmm, that's quite possible. I do wear a few, just because they are comfy to me!
  • MrsCamp2013

Yeah haha. The good retorts are always questionable haha. Just get really weird and be like... "I didn't think I was but now i'm worried that it must have been aliens... omg! they said they used protection!" Then flail and leave them in the dust haha

Ha, love it!
  • MrsCamp2013
    dont let it bother you.

I try not to. I think that's why I posted something, because I knew some of the funnies would help me laugh it off!
  • AnnaMarieDinVa
    AnnaMarieDinVa Posts: 162 Member
    Well, it is better than being my age and people assuming I'm too old to get pregnant...which I AM NOT!!! Thankyouverymuch! ;)
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    you can also park closer at the mall. take advantage before it becomes super obvious you are not.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    I was talking with a personal trainer at my gym when a young lady walked by whom the PT knew. The PT goes "Ohmygosh I haven't seen you in ages! When are you due?". Okay. This chick DID NOT look pregnant to me. She was skinny but all her fat was in her middle area (belly) but not even close to looking pregnant. Needless to say the PT looked like this :blushing: when the girl adamantly said "no!'. I felt bad for both parties. :ohwell:

Just let it roll off your back. It's just one of those things that happen to the best of us and I'm sure the other person was mortified as well :laugh:
  • MrsCamp2013
    you can also park closer at the mall. take advantage before it becomes super obvious you are not.

OH I love that one too!