Starting to eat real food and avoiding all processed

Options
Hey guys,

Since my weight loss journey began 1 year ago, I have experienced some changes in my body. I have been experiencing some eyesight dizziness, if you understand that. Along with that, I always feel crap in the mornings, especially in my face, I feel like I haven't slept, my eyes are soooooo heavy and I have little energy. I am eating quite healthily, I eat a lot of veggies, proteins and carbs, including dairy for calcium. I also take omega 3 caps and a multivitamin tablet. I believe that the problem, which has always been staring me in the face, but I refuse to accept it until today is, my worst enemy but best friend, DIET COKE. I drink a lot, and have been drinking more than I can I would admit throughout the past few months, which is when I started to experience these issues. After watching the documentary, hungry for change, I am now, hungry for change, I don't want any fake sugar, I don't want any fake food, msg, aspartame, I don't want any of it, I want to eat real natural unprocessed food from now on. I will do an update of any changes in my health I will experience in the weeks to come, and I have no doubt by Gods grace I will see an abundance of good health.

Replies

• Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Probably cause your not eating enough. You need to figure out your BMR and TDEE!!!

http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/

ETA: Check your diary, yeah, you definitely need to eat more!!
  • HollisGrant
    HollisGrant Posts: 2,022 Member
    Options
    I agree that Diet Coke isn't good for people. But if you're waking up dizzy, you should see a doctor. If it might something serious or something totally unrelated to food and drink.
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    Uh... exhaustion and eyesight dizziness (which I think I understand) and your go to solution is quit diet coke? This doesn't sound logical.

By all means, cut diet coke from your diet, but I would suggest that you should also talk to a doctor about what you're feeling as it could be early symptoms of a number of things.
  • upscalelifedownscalebutt
    Options
    Have you had your blood sugar checked/monitored?
  • RunningRichelle
    RunningRichelle Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Best of luck!! You definitely won't come to any harm cutting out the processed stuff! Happy Saturday! Also agree that you definitely need more calories.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    I would get checked by your doctor to rule out anything. If you get the ok, enjoy farming and be sure to log the weeding.
  • RunningRichelle
    RunningRichelle Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    PS I challenge this thread to keep things civil and pleasant. Any challenge takers?!?! :-)
  • shutyourpieholeandsquat
    Options
    Annnnnnnnn....go!!

I LOLed at this for like 2 minutes
    :laugh:
  • lynn1982
    lynn1982 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    PS I challenge this thread to keep things civil and pleasant. Any challenge takers?!?! :-)

So far so good. I'm impressed!

OP: Eating less processed food is a good thing. Anything you can do to be as healthy as possible is fantastic. But like others have said, see a doctor. Don't self-diagnose. It could be diet related or maybe it's not. And you'll never know until you see a doctor.
  • thesupremeforce
    thesupremeforce Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    I agree with the people who are suggesting that your problem goes well beyond Diet Coke. Your diary is poor (not enough calories, low protein, etc). Whether or not something is processed has little (or nothing) to do with not eating properly in the first place.
  • angelamangus1
    angelamangus1 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Have you had your blood sugar checked/monitored?

THIS!!

Go to the doctor to get checked out.

I think it is wonderful that you want to start looking at your diet and change the processed food, but it is vitally important that you get a checkup for your symptoms. Also reevaluate your diet and try to eat throughout the day to provide fuel for your body.
  • JustAnotherGirlSuzanne
    Options
    If I drink diet anything I get an instant headache from all the artificial sweeteners. So this makes perfect sense to me.

Although you should make sure you're eating enough. And also, maybe get your iron levels checked? I had that a while ago and after some blood work my doctor found out that my iron levels were dangerously low.
  • GBrady43068
    GBrady43068 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    Uh... exhaustion and eyesight dizziness (which I think I understand) and your go to solution is quit diet coke? This doesn't sound logical.

By all means, cut diet coke from your diet, but I would suggest that you should also talk to a doctor about what you're feeling as it could be early symptoms of a number of things.

Agree. I'm not convinced that these necessarily go together. There could be a host of things causing exhaustion and the dizziness (low iron in blood, sleep apnea..etc etc.) I would talk with a doc.
  • loislenski
    loislenski Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I know one of my Dad's friends had a dizziness problem from drinking diet soda so that could very well be the problem. However, I think that it would still be a good idea to go see the doctor. Also, I know vitamin A excess can cause those kinds of symptoms as well... I noticed you said that you took a multivitamin tablet and had lots of vegs so that could be a problem. I would go see a doctor though.
  • james6998
    james6998 Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Hey guys,

Since my weight loss journey began 1 year ago, I have experienced some changes in my body. I have been experiencing some eyesight dizziness, if you understand that. Along with that, I always feel crap in the mornings, especially in my face, I feel like I haven't slept, my eyes are soooooo heavy and I have little energy. I am eating quite healthily, I eat a lot of veggies, proteins and carbs, including dairy for calcium. I also take omega 3 caps and a multivitamin tablet. I believe that the problem, which has always been staring me in the face, but I refuse to accept it until today is, my worst enemy but best friend, DIET COKE. I drink a lot, and have been drinking more than I can I would admit throughout the past few months, which is when I started to experience these issues. After watching the documentary, hungry for change, I am now, hungry for change, I don't want any fake sugar, I don't want any fake food, msg, aspartame, I don't want any of it, I want to eat real natural unprocessed food from now on. I will do an update of any changes in my health I will experience in the weeks to come, and I have no doubt by Gods grace I will see an abundance of good health.

I choose to eat clean because i don't miss the depression and out right crappy feeling that came with eating junk all the time. Say what ever the hell you want about how its all bull___ and all that but both my wife and myself do not eat junk at all and as a result, no depression, recover from exercise faster, sleep better, more energy. Keep in mind that a lot of these "processed foods" have chemicals in them that will alter the body and brain function when consumed in large amounts. I know if you wanted to have a bag of chips or a slice of pizza you would probably feel no negative effects from it as a result. Bottom line is everyone is different and food will affect people in different ways. You just have to choose what is right for you not what everyone says is the right thing to do. :heart:
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    sigh ..in....again....here we go!
  • NonnyMary
    NonnyMary Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    well maybe she has a food allergy, it could happen.

however, i would see a doctor to rule out anything.