Least favourite exercise.

Options
I'd love to know what are your least favorite exercises that you do/put up with because you know it's good for ya :bigsmile:

I personally HATE lunges - normal, lateral, plyometric, reverse, TRX - they make me really grateful that human beings only have two legs.

Replies

• aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    Options
    Any form of pushup. I can do about 3 full military style pushups and then I'm on the floor. I try to do variations and I'm getting better, but I have horribly weak shoulders. Second to that is supermans or superman variations. I can do them, but while I enjoy the burn in most places, I hate it in the back! It's such an odd sensation.
  • ktno1
    ktno1 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Any form of pushup. I can do about 3 full military style pushups and then I'm on the floor. I try to do variations and I'm getting better, but I have horribly weak shoulders. Second to that is supermans or superman variations. I can do them, but while I enjoy the burn in most places, I hate it in the back! It's such an odd sensation.

This.
  • missbrendalynn
    missbrendalynn Posts: 74 Member
    Options

Push ups come at a close second for me! I can actually feel my entire upper body trembling if I do them military style :sick:
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    Lifting of any kind. Only because of the effect it has on my back.
  • 63hanson
    63hanson Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    The stair machine! Hate it, but my trainer wants me to do it, even if it's just for a few minutes. I made it 5 minutes the other day!
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    not a big fan of lunges either. make my knees hurt.
  • bernied262
    bernied262 Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    the arm bike, the trainer insists I do it before any sort of lifting... longest 10 mins of my life.
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    Bulgarian squats. Like lunges but more worser.
  • fullofquirks
    fullofquirks Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Bent over rows. Being on the second level of Stronglifts and doing them twice a week is annoying. Grr
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    the arm bike, the trainer insists I do it before any sort of lifting... longest 10 mins of my life.

thats rediculous. i mean, yeah, warm up, but moving the arms like that for 10 minutes? my rotator cuff would be screaming.

running, jump rope, push ups, and sun-gods are all good warm ups for upper body lifting day.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options

Lunges kill my knees...I don't do 'em...wish I could really, they're a pretty beneficial exercise. I also hate pull-ups but I do them...I used to be able to crank them out...up to 10 straight right now and trying to improve but definitely one of my least favorite
  • Lynnmi07
    Lynnmi07 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Push-ups for me too. I always want to stop before I even start.
  • RubyRunner14
    RubyRunner14 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Pushups... I can do them but there's so much pressure right over my heart cavity area and neck no matter what I try, it's just so painful.
  • Barbonica
    Barbonica Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Kick-backs for triceps. The stupid DB edges press against my upper wrist in the full extension position and I always walk away with a bruise on each arm for my efforts. Not to mention tired triceps.
  • Huffdogg
    Huffdogg Posts: 1,934 Member
    Options
    I don't do exercises I don't like ;)
  • clarebailey355
    clarebailey355 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Burpees. They're the spawn of Satan.
  • Mutant13
    Mutant13 Posts: 2,485 Member
    Options

In on lunges, cause I keep falling the *kitten* over
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Anything that isn't lifting. So basically everything.
  • Flixie00
    Flixie00 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Yoga, I am not built for it and find sitting with my feet extended under my body extremely painful. I tried it for a while, and decided mid lesson that enough was enough and just walked out of the class.

Pull ups, again I am wrong the build for them (too tall, broad and with long arms). I stick with them though, and one day I will manage to do non-weight assisted pull ups.

I do however love press ups, and always finish an upper body work out with 3 x 12 full press ups (chest to the floor). The more I do them, the better I get and I learn to like them (this works for me with most weights related exercises).
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options

In on lunges, cause I keep falling the *kitten* over

This. My balance has become embarrassing in my old age.