"You're still fat"

Options

Replies

• LauraEmilyAnsell
    Options
    AWFUL PEOPLE!

Also, very immature. They are just jealous because you have determination and dedication to do something with your life. They don't and probably never will.

Rise above it and keep on going.

Hugs x
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    You know what? Who cares? It's about what YOUR body can do for YOU. Your strong legs carried you for 4 miles today.

I started the Couch to 5k program when I was about as heavy as you. I didn't have a carload of girls to tell me how fat and awful I looked. I didn't need them. I was doing perfectly fine telling myself that I was an embarrassment.

A year later and I've lost many pounds. I'm training for a half marathon. I don't look waif-thin, but I've already spent too much time feeling like crap about how I look. I'd rather concentrate on all the awesome things I can do.
  • jmath911
    jmath911 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    She is stupid and and ugly way down deep.
    A lot of movies and comedians today use snarky, rude humor; never giving a thought to the impact on the recipient of their lame jokes. She was just trying to be funny in front of her friends. Sad.
    You are doing great. and that fat is flying off. Go, go, go!
  • EmilyW37
    EmilyW37 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I will never understand people. I was out running one morning and a van went by, tooted me and then threw a cheese roll into the back of my head!!!!
  • Siansonea
    Siansonea Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    Those girls didn't actually say anything about you...but they sure said a lot about themselves. Keep on keepin' on, you'll have the last laugh! :drinker:
  • techgeeksquared
    techgeeksquared Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Wow. I am so very truly sorry this happened to you. I really have no words but, want you to know we are all here to support you. I'm so sorry.
  • techgeeksquared
    Options
    I will never understand people. I was out running one morning and a van went by, tooted me and then threw a cheese roll into the back of my head!!!!

Omgosh. What is wrong with people. Did you throw it back?
  • Serabelle1
    Serabelle1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Wait until those girls hit college, and when their metabolism slows down. Revenge of the freshman weight gain.
  • techgeeksquared
    Options
    AWFUL PEOPLE!

Also, very immature. They are just jealous because you have determination and dedication to do something with your life. They don't and probably never will.

Rise above it and keep on going.

Hugs x

Well said!
  • gsnthensome
    gsnthensome Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    your post totally made me cry!!!!! ive never been "fat" but im terrified of getting that way. my mom is and i see her health and it effects me a lot. even though ive never been "fat", i have felt like i was for a lot of years. i just wanted you to know that you have soooo many people behind you, cheering you on!!! it takes so much courage to do what you do!!! keep going! keep being strong! youre not just being strong for yourself, but for everyone around you!!!! you truly are an inspiration!
  • doubleduofa
    doubleduofa Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    That is truly mean - I will never understand the need for some people to put others down in order to make themselves feel better. At least you can lose the weight (and you are trying hard to do so! that's comendable and AWESOME!), they have to deal with their awful personalities for the rest of their lives...that's the sad part.
  • Striving4Fit_MrsOrtiz
    Options
    That's terrible! Those girls are heartless human beings. GREAT NSV by the way!!
  • dwalt15110
    dwalt15110 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I have not read all the comments so I do not know if anyone posted the quote by Eleanor Roosevelt. "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." It's a hard thing to live by, but it is really true.

You are doing great things. You made a decision to change bad habits into good ones and that will have an effect on every aspect of your life. Keep going and smile.

I often yell back at people who make comments like that. I usually say either "Thank You!" or "You have a great day too." I try to counter mean spiritedness with something good.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Those girls didn't actually say anything about you...but they sure said a lot about themselves. Keep on keepin' on, you'll have the last laugh! :drinker:

This!!!
  • ash8184
    ash8184 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    You're doing an amazing job! Keep up the great work and don't be dissuaded :)
  • MochaFox91
    MochaFox91 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Well think of it this way. Soon you will be this wonderfully fit person, athletic, strong, and gorgeous to top it off. you'll have a healthy body and you'll treat it right while those "skinny girls" will slowly lay their bodies to waste. they'll think they're perfect and just let their body become unhealthy!
  • disasterman
    disasterman Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    Keep up the great work!!

I keep a note around with this advice given to me by an MFP friend:

1. Surround yourself with the right people.
    2. Don't be distracted by negativity.
    3. Execute your plan and achieve your desired results.
  • DawnNathan
    DawnNathan Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Like someone told me once "Hos gotta hate!" ... also skinny privilege is many times a fleeting thing. One of them may very well be the one on the corner "walking it off" one day ... I've got a Facebook page full of high school ex-skinnies to prove it.
  • littlemisslouise
    Options
    Keep going every time I stepped in the gym I dreaded it so called friends made comments and if I ad listened to them I wouldn't be 7 stone lighter forget the people who judge your doing it for you wish you the best of luck :)
  • MamawChristy
    MamawChristy Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    You are doing a great job!! Hang in there and don't let those girls get you down. You have a huge cheering section here.