What do you eat for breakfast?

Options
I don't actually eat real breakfast stuff, so I'm thinking of switching to oatmeal. I read that instant is bad, but old fashioned takes a long time to cook (30 mins) What do you suggest? What do you like to eat in the morning?

Replies

• Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    I have steel cut oats with a few raisins and some chopped walnuts. I cook up a cup of dry oats to make 4 1 cup servings. I put it into 4 containers and just microwave one every morning. If not oatmeal, then I do little mini crustless quiches in quantity and store them the same way for a grab and go.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    If I eat oatmeal, I use instant. Otherwise I eat cold cereal or an egg and toast.
  • Low calorie bread with some low calories jelly.

If not, I will eat oatmeal or cream of wheat.

Sometimes cereal, but remember portion control.
  • TheDoctor_13
    TheDoctor_13 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Looks like a lot of oatmeal fans. But it seems for the good stuff, it takes a while to cook. Is cooking when you have time and microwaving/re-heating for breakfast fine / do-able?
  • gk03ub
    gk03ub Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I use quick rolled oats, they can be cooked in the microwave in 90 seconds (or you can cook them on stovetop but thats just more dishes to wash!)
  • kingtermite
    kingtermite Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    There is an instant steel cut oatmeal that isn't too bad. The brand is McCann's.

I usually eat a few eggs. Then a green juice/smoothie a bit later in the morning to hold me 'til lunch.
  • Sashoi
    Sashoi Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    When I'm working I have cereal and on my days off I have veggie eggwhites, turkey bacon, pancakes or hash browns.
  • crevices
    crevices Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    i eat oatmeal every single day ;-; i just go with quick oats and almond milk in the microwave for 3+ minutes (i like it to boil sort of and become a nice texture) and if im in a rush ill take it with me in a thermos
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    i like the instant oatmeal. they have lots of yummy flavors. i don't eat it so much for breakfast anymore though.

i typically do a lot of protein: sliced ham, turkey bacon, eggs here and there, cheese, yogurt.. breakfast is my favorite! :happy:
  • JeannetteLassell
    Options
    I generally make a smoothie with fruit, spinach, yogurt and almond milk
  • 7L551
    7L551 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I keep it simple with just a bowl of chocolate corn flakes with milk :O
    BUT I only eat 1 meal (other than the corn flakes) for the whole day.
  • Rosieannaxo
    Options
    I like to have big breakfasts because it just starts my day right and keeps me full longer:) I usually have an egg white omelet with spinach, green peppers, and mushrooms along with a small bowl of go lean crunch cereal and 30 calorie almond milk. Sometimes, I'll throw in a slice or two of sara lee 45 calorie bread. Usually, my entire meal is under 400 calories and it keeps me filled all the way to lunch without any snacking :D
  • coffee4me57
    Options
    A smoothie-quick and easy
    Almond milk or Trop 50 Orange jucie
    frozen fruit
    non-fat greek yogurt
    sometimes I add protein powder

sometimes cocoa, a frozen banana, and 1 Tbs. of Jif Peanut Butter
  • Chante_Loves_Life
    Chante_Loves_Life Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I like to make a whole egg omelet in between two slices of Weight Watchers Multigrain bread. If I don't have the time then a protein shake made w/ Vega Natural flavour, almond milk, half a banana and a teaspoon of peanut butter. It is delish :tongue:
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    Scratch made Waffles alot of the time, Bagels with Crunchy All Natural Peanut butter drizzled with honey, I will do Oatmeal with brown sugar and a touch of cinnamon, Egg and Bacon with sharp cheddar cheese on english muffins, if I am in a rush then it is Krave Double chocolate cereal with a banana cut up in it.. Those are a few of my norms of course with all those goes a travel mug of keurig coffee....
  • shartran
    shartran Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I eat via commuting - my life is busy! I bake a huge batch of high protein muffins (11 g/muffin) and freeze. I boil up a few eggs so they are ready for the week too. So, breakfast is: 1 muffin, 1 hard boiled egg and a few almonds and walnuts with a few pieces of veggies too. I'm usually pretty hungry in the am and need lots to last me! A few hours later I have some more veggies and nuts.
  • small_town_jubilant
    Options
    You can always cook oats in the microwave.

I usually eat(as in, like 98% of the time) 1/2 cup of Special K cereal or some other cereal and some low fat soy milk.

Here are some other things I eat (just not as often)
    Cottage Cheese and Peaches
    Healthy Life bread and sugar free jelly
    Oats with cinnamon, sweetener, and pumpkin pie spice
    Egg Substitute and Healthy Life Bread (toasted)
  • ajcmoran2005
    ajcmoran2005 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I have a cup of Greek yogurt with blueberries or strawberries.
  • sunshyncatra
    sunshyncatra Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    I eat old fashioned rolled oats (half a cup) mixed with one egg, water and half a banana (in pieces). I zap it in the microwave for 90 seconds and then mix in the banana. It is a great filling breakfast!
  • wwunderlust
    Options
    i don't really have a standard breakfast given that the first thing i have during the day will be at about 2pm, but when that happens i'll either a bulletproof coffee, or a protein shake.