What do you eat for breakfast?

Options

Replies

• BethAnnC448
    BethAnnC448 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Quest Bar most days...otherwise a greek yogurt with high fiber cereal mixed in or an egg on a bagel thin with cheese.
  • ars1300
    ars1300 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I use the quick oats. Ad cinnamon or sweetener or brown sugar yourself. Cooks in 1 minute! Other good options Bob's Red Mill hot cereal a little harder consistency, cooks in microwave in 3 minutes. Greek yogurt, almonds, quest bars, eggs, protein shake.
  • bakemma
    bakemma Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    4oz of greek yogurt with a tbsp of honey and a half cup of nature valley protein granola or my Starbucks go-to drink an Iced Grande Soy No Whip Mocha
  • juliewatkin
    juliewatkin Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    Cooked oatmeal with cinnamon, protein powder, maca powder, coconut oil poured over frozen fruit to cool it down. It doesn't take that long to cook. I've been eating it for years. I put it on the stove on low and do my hair and make up and then it's ready to go. I have yet to find anything that satisfies me as well in the morning. It has to be rolled oats. Steel cut doesn't agree with me at all.
  • lavender_fairie
    lavender_fairie Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    This morning I had leftover turkey and egg whites.

In the winter I usually have oatmeal- the quickie oats kind. Some toast with low fat jelly is nice too.

In the summer I go with Special K and fat free milk. I thought I'd hate it but it's actually good, especially if I have it with an apple.

I never was into breakfast that much, ever. But nowadays most mornings I want to eat; it feels like it starts my morning off right.
  • lveld87
    lveld87 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Try Oat Revolution - oatmeal. I buy mine at Fry's, but they sell at Albertson's and Wal-mart also. It is really good and comes in a individual packets. It is instant. Has flax seed in it. The best instant oat meal i have had. Very easy . They also make the old fashion steel cut oats. Only 140 calories and a lot of protein.
  • tataylllor
    tataylllor Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Typically if I am in a rush for school I just eat cereal (whole wheat, low sugar, salt all that stuff..) All Bran is really good!! Also, you can check out Weetabix.. Its like a biscuit that turns into cereal once you pour milk over it!! Oatmeal is good and if you want to get it instant then just buy the original kind!! It is true that the other fancy flavours and all that stuff usually have a bunch of sugar, thus making them an unhealthy choice...

Egg-whites, whole wheat french toast, greek yogurt with fruit, or even whole wheat pancakes/waffles are good too!! Hope these ideas are helpful!
  • lveld87
    lveld87 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I usually have a sliced apple, english muffin ( Thomas hearty-light), and 2 hard boiled egg whites. ALL that for 214 calories. Hols me over until lunch. Very satisfying
  • jenmsu83
    jenmsu83 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    My favorite oatmeal combo lately is:

1 serving quick oats (around 40 g)
    small banana, sliced
    1 tbsp PB
    1/2 tbsp honey

I cook the oats in water in the microwave and then add the rest of the ingredients when I take it out of the micro. It's delicious!

My easy go to breakfast is an English muffin (loving the Thomas brand pumpkin spice ones right now!) topped with either cream cheese or peanut butter.

Hard boiled eggs or egg whites are great too, I usually have them as a morning snack.
  • happysherri
    happysherri Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    Eggs and egg whites
    Over easy
    Veggie omelette
    Boiled
    Scrambled
    I make them different ways so i dont get bored.
  • rissadiane
    rissadiane Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I do steel cut oats in the crock pot.

But recently I've discovered Quaker Oats real medley little oatmeal bowls. They are really good!
  • xmysterix
    xmysterix Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    We rarely have the same thing two days in a row. I do rolled oats (cooks in 5 mins) w/ skim milk, apple & maple syrup one day, sunnyside-up egg and toast w/ banana another, french toast w/ oranges another day, vegemite or peanut butter toast with fruit and tea yet another. Lately huevos rancheros have been a hit: small corn tortilla, a runny egg, spicy salsa, and a sprinkle of cheese. Sundays are almost always waffles or pancakes, just not a ton of em! :) Husband frequently has toasted muesli w/ milk or greek yogurt and a piece of fruit but the kid and I don't usually switch to cold breakfasts until the hot weather hits.
  • chitchatcatt
    chitchatcatt Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    You can get great single serving frozen steel cut oatmeal at Trader Joes. Two per box. It takes about 4 min in the microwave. I have also found that fresh basil in scrambled eggs is absolutely delicious. A piece of whole wheat toast with an egg over easy/medium, coarse ground black pepper, and mashed avocado is fantastic!
  • schonkreuz
    schonkreuz Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    3 eggs, toast and either fruit or bacon depending on if I need more protein for the day.
  • FitCanuckChick
    FitCanuckChick Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Looks like a lot of oatmeal fans. But it seems for the good stuff, it takes a while to cook. Is cooking when you have time and microwaving/re-heating for breakfast fine / do-able?

Sorry I like instant and microwave. Natures path hemp plus instant oatmeal (160) and 15 grams toasted sliced almonds(95) all microwaved. Delish
  • jfurrrr
    jfurrrr Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I like to make a frittata and portion it out for few breakfasts. It reheats well and takes me only a couple of minutes to eat.
  • DawnOBRN
    DawnOBRN Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Rudi's spelt tortilla wrapped around 2 egg whites + one whole egg scrambled with a slice of low fat cheese and salsa. So yummy and filling!!!
  • KCHernandez1981
    KCHernandez1981 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Protien Pumpkin Pancakes
  • kiwitechgirl
    kiwitechgirl Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    A smoothie made from frozen berries, banana, a cup of milk and a couple of teaspoons of bran. Easy to drink, fills me up and it's two servings of fruit for the day.
  • lilndnfeather
    Options
    Most of the time a smoothie. I use...

1 container Silk Fruity and Creamy Soy Yogurt (peach and mango...or strawberry)
    1 whole banana
    1/2 of a large peach
    1 cup or 2 of ice

blend it all up makes 2 servings, 1 each for me and my hubby.