What do you eat for breakfast?

Options

Replies

• born2drum
    born2drum Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    depends. I had 3 oreo cookies and a pop tart for breakfast. Sometimes, I have a protein and banana smoothie.
  • blakeym
    blakeym Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    1 large microwave bowl
    1 cup of Walmart oats (not the quick ones)
    1cup of 2% milk
    1 cup of water

Micro for 3 minutes. Let it sit for 10 to absorb the liquids.

Add powdered cinnamon, craisins and 2 packs of Splenda. Mix in. Let it sit some more.

Divide into 2 servings and eat one today and another tomorrow.
  • PrettyPearl88
    PrettyPearl88 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I never used to eat breakfast when I was overweight, oddly enough. Now? I've gotten my metabolism used to eating breakfast. Now I absolutely HAVE to eat breakfast or else I feel weak, off, and out-of-it until I get a chance to eat lunch.

Most mornings I eat one of these options:
    -If I'm in a super rush, I grab some kind of nutrition bar that I stock up on at home (usually Zone, Luna, or Cliff) and eat it on the way
    -Cold cereal with vanilla almond milk, with fresh bananas or strawberries mixed in
    -A toasted ham, cheese, and boiled egg sandwich on a whole wheat english muffin (my homemade egg mcmuffin lol!)

And, of course, I always have a strong cup of coffee with my breakfast! :laugh:

I <3 breakfast! :love: :heart:
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I alternate between eggs or oatmeal.

2-3 eggs, fried in coconut oil (unless there's bacon grease around!)
    Sourdough or whole wheat toast with butter
    Black coffee
    Fruit (sometimes)

or

Oatmeal (I like Trader Joe's Multi-Grain Oatmeal) - 2 minutes in the microwave, stir, 2 more minutes, done!
    1/3 cup plain Greek yogurt
    1 tbs honey
    1/8 cup walnuts
    fruit (bananas, raspberries, blueberries, peaches, whatever)
    cinnamon
    black coffee

You can also do overnight oats - grab a mason jar, or any container with a good lid:
    1/2 cup oats of your choice
    1/2 cup milk (or milk substitute)
    1/3 cup plain yogurt
    1/2 tsp cinnamon
    Shake it up, pop it in the fridge overnight. In the morning, add fruit, honey, nuts and stir it up, then dig in. Or if you're on the go, put the lid on, grab a spoon and take it with ya. It's delicious, even cold. :smile:

Occasionally I go all out with pancakes or waffles, bacon, etc, but the eggs or oatmeal are my usuals.
  • CallMeRuPaul
    CallMeRuPaul Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I can't cook at work so I have to use instant oatmeal, plus I think instant oatmeal is much healthier than the sausage, bacon, hashbrowns and eggs that they serve in the cafeteria. my typical breakfast:

3 cups coffee/2 creamers
    3/4 serving of zucchini bread
    3/4 serving of total cereal w/about 1/3 cup of almond milk original
    1.5 servings of oatmeal w/14g of walnuts and 35g of blueberries
    1 banana

total calories: about 930

now that's a breakFEAST!
  • fultimers
    fultimers Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    The breakfast I eat almost every day is 3 palm sized corn tortillas browned in a grill pan, an eggbeater omelet with swiss cheese in the middle. Sometimes I add 2-3 slices of turkey bacon.
  • albertine58
    albertine58 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I can never decide if I want sweet or savory, so I often have both! I make a big batch of scrambled eggs + veggies that lasts the whole week in the fridge. I dish out a ~150g portion of eggs and then have a whole grain waffle or slice of Ezekiel cinnamon raisin bread topped with 12g Justin's Maple Almond Butter and a smidge of low sugar superfruit spread. so delicious! I like oatmeal sometimes but I don't find it very satisfying to eat, texture-wise. I need to chew and crunch my breakfast, I don't like mush! The Kashi GoLean cinnamon instant oatmeal is good and microwaves quickly but has lots of healthy whole grains- much better for you than most quick oats I think!

One of my favorite breakfasts of all time is a bagel with cream cheese and lox! I used to just avoid bagels like the plague when I was eating "healthy", but now I try to eat what I'm craving but make it healthier! I get whole wheat everything bagels, I scoop out the doughy center of the bagel to reduce calories (I track by weight) and I use light veggie cream cheese. Smoked salmon is great AM protein- it's great with eggs or toast too!
  • yiffanarff
    yiffanarff Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Bump for yummy breakfast ideas.
  • MommaChocoLatte
    MommaChocoLatte Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Most mornings I have to run out the door really early in the morning and I am not a morning person so I will make a smoothie the night before with yogurt, fruit, almond milk, and protein powder. Sometimes, cereal and milk. Cream of wheat made with almond milk is another fave. I like oatmeal but I use the instant. I prefer cream of wheat though.

On the weekends, I like to have some eggs (1) w/ bell pepper & onion, bacon, & pancakes w/ light syrup.
  • salladeve
    salladeve Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    I think I'm going to quit eating breakfast and just have coffee. I'm really tired of wasting 300-400 calories on a meal I don't really even enjoy!
  • Julesbait
    Julesbait Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Quick oats with almond milk, nuke for 1:30, stir in a tablespoon of peanut butter.

Cold cereal with almond milk and a banana.

Egg and cheese (and bacon, when available) wrap with a banana.

But today was a cream filled chocolate long john. It was DAMN delicious.
  • Natrgrl
    Natrgrl Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Looks like a lot of oatmeal fans. But it seems for the good stuff, it takes a while to cook. Is cooking when you have time and microwaving/re-heating for breakfast fine / do-able?

This is the way I do it. Steel cut oats warm up great. You may need to add a bit of milk to loosen it up a bit, but then they are as good as the first day.
  • Followingsea
    Followingsea Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Either nothing - my stomach has always been really touchy in the mornings - or a banana/milk/cinnamon smoothie.
  • smc864
    smc864 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    6 egg whites
    1/2 cup of Quaker Oats Old Fashioned Oatmeal

Every. Single. Day.

It can get a bit boring but I feel like it's the healthiest option for me and it's about 250 calories.
  • darksomebelle
    darksomebelle Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Most days I eat two eggs, half an avocado and either toast with pb or another piece of fruit.

I like oatmeal too, and make it maybe once a week, depending on the kids...because yeah, time consuming! :)
  • PoisonDartFrog
    PoisonDartFrog Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    My Husband and I eat oatmeal in the winter. We use a rice cooker. Equal parts old fashioned oatmeal and water, add fruit or any topings you want cooked. Press the button. It takes about 15 minutes, but you can leave it unattended and shower, etc.
    It's ready when you come back!
  • MizSookeh
    MizSookeh Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Eggs in the microwave are super easy!

- 2 eggs
    - 2-3 tbsp milk (more/less depending on how you enjoy the consistency of the eggs)

I add fresh basil, minced chilli, and sometimes fetta for flavour. You could experiment here!

Whisk it all together with a fork or whisk, and microwave for 2.5 - 3mins (again until they're at a consistency you like)

Done! A piece of toast or two will be ready if you start them at the same time as well.
  • Eli716
    Eli716 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    It depends on the time when I'm hungry.

It would be either:
    - 2 fried eggs & salad
    - 2 egg Greek Omelet
    - Cheesy Apple Skillet
    - or 2 scramble eggs & a fruit

Recently, I just have 2oz Aloe Vera Juice mixed with 8oz of Diet Cranberry Juice, and a Gala Apple. (Really, after this... I actually get full!)

If I realize it's way too late for breakfast, I have the Aloe Juice w/ Diet Cranberry Juice, and eat lunch.
  • PJ_Wins
    PJ_Wins Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    It's a toss up between Thug Kitchen's Quinoa Oatmeal or Egg White's with spinach, mushrooms and tomatoes scrambled in..
  • JudiCJ
    JudiCJ Posts: 5
    Options
    During the busy week I drink a Nutri Bullet drink. Kale, spinach, flax seed, frozen fruit, and almond milk. On weekends I have eggs and toast or a big omelet.