500 days, 167 pounds, Thanks MFP!

Options
Just wanted to make a quick post to say thanks to MFP, it's members and most importantly my Pals. I first logged into MFP 500 days ago in early June 2012. I was at a real low point in my life and frankly was running out of reasons not to end it all. Lonely, depressed with little to no hope for happiness, MFP provided me the setup and tools to help completely transform my being. I've still got a ways to go on my journey but confident I've reach my goal.

The journey so far:
Day 1: 523 pounds, 72" waist, 6/7 XL shirts, 16eeee shoes, zero hope of happiness
Day 500: 356 pounds, 52" waist, 2/3 XL shirts, 13 eeee shoes, endless optimism

In my first couple weeks on the site I spent a ton of time in the success stories section reading all the great things that were happening for everyone else. I got a ton of motivation reading their excitement and seeing photos of their results. I can only hope that someone else starting their own journey will read this a keep going one more day. There's absolutely nothing special about me. If I can do it, so can you!

599aceaa9e3a48a4cd942f1f98758d60_zps0bda85fa.jpg
64626dc9fbe4159a3d4596964187292f_zps981d3602.jpg

e5026961315cf308942a8e6a4c671ae8_zps4d34e7c0.jpg

b8deaabe2ed5aefc13fbca0624cf95c6_zps218fddd8.jpg

Replies

• what_lola_wants
    what_lola_wants Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Great Job!! You look so much healthier than before! Keep on pushing! **All the best :)

emma.gif
  • TemikaThompson
    TemikaThompson Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Great job! What exactly did you do to lose?
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    You've done an amazing thing for yourself! You have a new life ahead. Looking good :)
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Well done - you have made fantastic progress and good luck!
  • SuperCrsa
    SuperCrsa Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    Wow great work guy! :) Looking good!
  • miller930
    miller930 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    That's Awesome! Way to Take control of Your Life! Good Luck with Your future goals!
  • currlee
    currlee Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Wow! Serious dedication! You're doing great :)
  • OMGeeeHorses
    OMGeeeHorses Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    heck yes!! way to go!!
  • Ophidion
    Ophidion Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    Very nice work my friend, truly astounding.
    fUugOJZ.jpg
  • fishermanmatt
    fishermanmatt Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone.

Major diet change. I cut out fast food and the majority of the prepackaged frozen foods. (I still enjoy my cheap frozen pizza.) Started eating lots of veggies, lean proteins, and fruit. Started eating breakfast most every day. I start out the day with a protein shake.

Exercise began with walking. At 523 pounds walking hurt. I joined the YMCA and starting swimming every morning at 5:00 am. Joined another gym and started lifting weights as a reward for losing the first 50. Dropped the Y over winter because jumping into a cold pool just wasn't fun when it was cold out. Starting riding the recumbent at the gym for cardio. Bought myself a bike and started riding as a reward for losing 100. Road the bike and lifted. Bought myself some running shoes and a C25k app as a reward for losing 150. Trying to get a handle on running to prep of the Warrior Dash in May with friends. Current goal is to be under 300 by spring of 2014. Planning of whitewater kayak lessons at the US Whitewater Center in Charlotte as a reward for 200 pounds lost.
  • dedicationandcommitment
    Options
    You look amazing....congratulations!!!!!
  • blueboxgeek
    blueboxgeek Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Go you!!! Fantastic work, you have done amazingly well :)
  • karinajean2388
    karinajean2388 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Love your rewards. Thank you for the inspiration!
  • strangeone25
    strangeone25 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic...great reward system you have! I love it. Keep it up you are definately a success!
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone.

Major diet change. I cut out fast food and the majority of the prepackaged frozen foods. (I still enjoy my cheap frozen pizza.) Started eating lots of veggies, lean proteins, and fruit. Started eating breakfast most every day. I start out the day with a protein shake.

Exercise began with walking. At 523 pounds walking hurt. I joined the YMCA and starting swimming every morning at 5:00 am. Joined another gym and started lifting weights as a reward for losing the first 50. Dropped the Y over winter because jumping into a cold pool just wasn't fun when it was cold out. Starting riding the recumbent at the gym for cardio. Bought myself a bike and started riding as a reward for losing 100. Road the bike and lifted. Bought myself some running shoes and a C25k app as a reward for losing 150. Trying to get a handle on running to prep of the Warrior Dash in May with friends. Current goal is to be under 300 by spring of 2014. Planning of whitewater kayak lessons at the US Whitewater Center in Charlotte as a reward for 200 pounds lost.

^^^ pure awesomeness!!

Great job!
  • zebszee
    zebszee Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    What a transformation you have made in your life, it must feel so good.............congratulations, keep up the great work.......
  • Rai007
    Rai007 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Keep it uP !!
  • ceciliema
    ceciliema Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • FixIngMe13
    FixIngMe13 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I am so proud of you. Congratulations on your loss....and smile! You are doing absolutely fantastic!!! :):)
  • t1954
    t1954 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    What a great success story. I know firsthand of your dedication and commitment. Basically, I did the same thing as you. You are right it can be done. Good job and continued success. I am sending you a PM.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!