Impressive work, really!
  • Oh_Allie
    Oh_Allie Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!
  • paulaann67
    paulaann67 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Wow such determination! Keep up the great work & keep posting your future losses. Maybe put a photo w a smile I'm sure you would look great! Keep pushing on you're one to watch here on MFP!:smile:
  • watercolorarteest
    watercolorarteest Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I'm so happy for you! No one should ever feel that hopeless ever! I'm so glad you have been able to accomplish to much and you are on the right path! Stay true to your goals! YOU are an inspiration now... to all of us who came to MFP after you did! I'm a frequent daily visitor to Success Stories as well. For the exact same reason! It's helping me too! Thanks for sharing your story because in doing so, you become a part of others' success stories through the inspiration you have provided! :happy:
  • hananah89
    hananah89 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    so amazing! I've wanted to go to the Whitewater center in Charlotte but just haven't gotten around to it (I'm up in the Triangle, NC). You are an inspiration!
  • SkinnyMsFitness
    SkinnyMsFitness Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Fabulous!!! You're a rock star!
  • jmadams111
    jmadams111 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job; looks like you are doing all the right things; you have nowhere to go but down :smile:
  • brookielaw
    brookielaw Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    HECK YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I could identify with this on so many levels it's not even funny. I remember how everything hurt and how crappy my quality of life was, although I started with swimming because walking hurt. We even did the same 100 lb reward!

You, sir, are a rock star. I have zero doubt that someone will log on, read this, and get inspired to turn their life around just like you did. I'll bet you hear the word "Inspiration" a lot. Congratulations, keep up the great work, and thanks for sharing this! <3
  • sarahz5
    sarahz5 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone.
    Great job! What exactly did you do to lose?

Major diet change. I cut out fast food and the majority of the prepackaged frozen foods. (I still enjoy my cheap frozen pizza.) Started eating lots of veggies, lean proteins, and fruit. Started eating breakfast most every day. I start out the day with a protein shake.

Exercise began with walking. At 523 pounds walking hurt. I joined the YMCA and starting swimming every morning at 5:00 am. Joined another gym and started lifting weights as a reward for losing the first 50. Dropped the Y over winter because jumping into a cold pool just wasn't fun when it was cold out. Starting riding the recumbent at the gym for cardio. Bought myself a bike and started riding as a reward for losing 100. Road the bike and lifted. Bought myself some running shoes and a C25k app as a reward for losing 150. Trying to get a handle on running to prep of the Warrior Dash in May with friends. Current goal is to be under 300 by spring of 2014. Planning of whitewater kayak lessons at the US Whitewater Center in Charlotte as a reward for 200 pounds lost.

Bravo, such amazing progress! I especially love how you reward yourself with more and more healthy fun. Just getting to the point where fitness is your reward shows this is a lifetime change for you. So inspiring!!!!
  • Rastamann
    Rastamann Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • kathleenjoyful
    kathleenjoyful Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    You are such an inspiration. I love how your rewards all challenged your fitness and strength too. Can't wait to see more of your progress, phenomenal so far.
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    I'm so happy for you! Great transformation (mental and physical) :)
  • optionalsourcewins
    optionalsourcewins Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Awesome job - congratulations!!!
  • seanevan10
    seanevan10 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Great job. I like your goals and rewards too. Nice inspiration.
  • futuresize8
    futuresize8 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    You've given yourself a NEW LIFE! Congratulations!
  • suzend
    suzend Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Great dedication and hard work! Thank you for sharing your story. I agree with another poster who said to take more pictures as you keep losing and smile!!!
  • tartsul
    tartsul Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    matt, i'm so happy to be your friend and to witness this transformation taking place! you've not only been an inspiration to so many people, but also an encouragement to me every single day! seeing your logging streak, your intense workouts, and your commitment to healthy eating has kept me going with wanting to keep the same up for myself!

keep it up! you've totally got this!
  • DanniB423
    DanniB423 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    FANTASTIC! You should be so very proud of yourself! Congrats!
  • skyebare
    Options
    That is AMAZING!!! Congrats hun!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!