Mom's Before & After Pics

Options
1235»

Replies

• laurenkimsmith
    laurenkimsmith Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I can't believe the difference!!! Wow - you have done SO well, what an inspiration!!!
  • mmckee10
    mmckee10 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    in for inspiration :) You ladies look wonderful!
  • tinglesby
    tinglesby Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Everytime I wanted to quit I reminded myself that to be a good role model, I needed to be in good health. To be able to take care of my children well, I needed to take care of myself. That if I needed extra energy, it waited for me at the end of a great workout.

I used a lot of Jillian Michaels DVDs post partum, but her moves are rough on your knees, so watch out.

Now I use bodyrock.tv and thedailyhiit.com, both are free, most workouts are short, and the environment is very motivational.

Make sure you're eating good healthy foods 80% of the time, not "low fat" "low cal" options, but REAL, WHOLE foods. Fruits, veggies, and lean protein. Want a candy bar or a slice of pizza? Ok, eat it! But eat it slooooooow. Savor it. Stick to only 20% junk (if even that much). Then remind yourself that to see the body you want in the mirror, it takes dedication, and get back to work ;)

Remember that to see long lasting results, you need to make lifestyle changes. And remember that there are lots of us here who've been there, done that, and we're here to help!

omg such wonderful advice!! may i add you? my name is theresa!
  • tinglesby
    tinglesby Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    i would love to add you! im looking for motivational fitness friends as well! my weight fluctuates drastically with everything i do and eat.
  • jcgutierrez
    jcgutierrez Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Bump, one day I will hopefully post! Some day not to long:)
  • selenametts
    selenametts Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    hi there. i'm a mom of two (ages 4 and 2). I've lost about 40lbs. always looking for other moms out there who can relate and support. im very active. i run, do kettlebells, crossfit, biking, boot camps.
  • trevnem
    trevnem Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I a on my way! won't post pics yet, but in a few more months ya bet cha I will! busy single mom of 2 gorgeous girls, and it's threads like this that just pump me up, so much inspiration in one thread, so I'm bumping it up!! wtg ladies!!
  • 0nehappyheart
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • truelove7
    truelove7 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Single mom with boys ages 4 and 5. 217 pounds the date of divorce in 2010, down to 150 pounds this year.
    PhotoGrid_1380639685183_zps218147ba.jpg
    IMG_20130924_060656_zpsc30772ab.jpg
    IMG_20131010_202918_zpsa692fb22.jpg
    Seriously one of my most favorite transformations ever! I'm a big girl who just started lifting heavy and you are such an inspiration!! :flowerforyou:
  • BeCourageous2013
    BeCourageous2013 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    You look healthy and beautiful, congrats on all your hard work!
  • Rosa1455
    Options
    You look great!
  • Rosa1455
    Options
    You look awesome!
  • gringuitica
    gringuitica Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to thank you all. Posts like these are really what inspired me to use MFP and what encourage me everyday to keep going.

And to the woman who said, "If I can grow a human, I can run this mile," yes! Reading that made me a little teary-eyed, because I think about how often moms beat themselves up over their post-partum bodies. Growing a baby is a pretty amazing thing, but one that also takes its toll. Seeing all your progress reminds me that my body can do other incredible things, and someday I will be so excited to post my Goal Photos. So thank you for the inspiration, all of you!
  • WJS_jeepster
    WJS_jeepster Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    wow - hope to post here some day!
  • trevnem
    trevnem Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • yusineddy
    yusineddy Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Everyone looks amazing, congratulations on all your success!
  • skrakalaka
    skrakalaka Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I love a hot mama's thread!

i609yt.jpg
  • BekaP89
    BekaP89 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    You all look amazing
  • gretchen888
    Options
    Wow you look great lynnkieu. Very inspiring. I just started my journey Tuesday....5'4" and started at 212 pounds, so I imagine I look similar to your before shot. Hope I can look as good as you at the end of my journey! :smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!