ATTN: ALL WOMEN APPROX. 5'0"

Options
1235»

Replies

• BrooklynRendo
    Options
    Hi ladies! If there are any ladies still posting, please add me. Im new to my fitness pal. I'm 5 feet,
  • mooncath
    mooncath Posts: 31
    Options
    I'm 18.

STATS:

HW: 110

CW: 105

LW: 95

Goal: 105

I exercise 7 days a week, mostly cardio. I do bodyweight training circuits as well every other day.

HOW MUCH DO YOU WEIGH? 105 pounds
    HOW TALL ARE YOU? 5'0" (Idk, sometimes measure all the way up to 5'2")
    WHEN/HOW DO YOU WORKOUT? Usually in the afternoons. During the summer, in the morning.
    ARE YOU MAINTAINING OR LOSING? Currently trying to maintain
    HOW MANY CALS DO YOU EAT? Trying to eat 1470. Old habits die hard though. More like 1200 now.
    HOW MANY CALS DO YOU NET? Estimating to be 1000.
  • katralber
    katralber Posts: 2
    Options
    Hello,

This topic caught my eye since I think I need it really helps to see "like-heighted" people in the forum.

STATS:

HW: 175+

CW: 160

LW: 120

Goal: 120 +/-

I am currently trying to lose weight in order to keep my BMI in a healthy state. I have struggled with my weight since I was a teen and have been "yo-yo ing" with my weight. I hope my current regime will allow me to finally reach my goal and maintain it eventually. I just want to say good luck to everyone whether you are maintaining, gaining, losing!

I forgot to say I am 5'0 :D
  • Beckilovespizza
    Beckilovespizza Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Hi!

I'm just a smidge under 5ft
    I weigh 99lbs
    I workout sporadically by walking, skating, cycling, going to the gym using machines, spin class and I have a personal trainer (I don't workout daily, maybe 4 times a week and mix it it for fun) also only just got back in to working out as I broke my hand a while ago and just recovered.
    Am just getting into maintenance at the moment, researching 'reverse dieting' to find my maintenance. I eat 1300 cals per day, I have been doing 5:2 but have dropped to 6:1. I eat most of my exercise cals back.

I was wondering the same re: damaged metabolism, this is why I'm researching reverse dieting, not really started it yet as I need to know facts first, I'm upping cals 50 per week as the moment as I'm aware I haven't been eating enough but don't want to jump straight up to maintenance.

Good luck in ur plight!
  • linarobert
    linarobert Posts: 2
    Options
    I work out mostly 4-5 days a week. I try to combine, aerobics, power yoga and running, in my fitness routine. I never think about maintaining weight, I only try to lose it.
  • vervegreen
    vervegreen Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi! So I'm a bit late but I've been searching for threads with fellow shorties since I joined MFP. I'm 18 years old and approx. 5'0.

HW: 158lbs (never again!)
    Cw: 148lbs
    GW1-144lbs
    GW2-136lbs
    GW3-126lbs
    Ultimate Goal Weight-118lbs!

i see a lot of ladies have wayyyy lower goal weights and that's pretty nerve wracking. I have a medium/curvy frame and I'm losing breast weight (face palm) as silly as it sounds I don't want to lose them!

I eat between 800-1200 calories a day. I know 1200 is supposed to be the limit but after 6 weeks of calorie counting and exercising i lost 7lbs and stalled for 5 weeks. It was a terrible experience and I realised I had to go a little lower and change up my workouts and et voila! I started losing again :) I workout everyday between 60-120 minutes of dancing/running and core exercises. I also love to squat :P
  • Smiles_And_Pizza
    Options
    HOW MUCH DO YOU WEIGH? 104 lbs

HOW TALL ARE YOU? 5'2"

WHEN/HOW DO YOU WORKOUT? I don't currently.

ARE YOU MAINTAINING OR LOSING? Maintaing..but currently having to lose because I've hit the top of my range

HOW MANY CALS DO YOU EAT? 1400-1500 (Maybe more)

HOW MANY CALS DO YOU NET? Same as I eat.
  • ThinSweetPea
    Options
    HW: 180
    CW: 139
    Goal: 120
    HOW TALL ARE YOU? 5' 2"
    WHEN/HOW DO YOU WORKOUT? I usually take daily walks or dance for around 30-60 minutes a day. Lots of daily chores. Also a part time volleyball coach.
    ARE YOU MAINTAINING OR LOSING? Still losing
    HOW MANY CALS DO YOU EAT? Around 1200 on days I don't do much. 1400 on days I'm active.
    HOW MANY CALS DO YOU NET? I don't exercise much so it's fairly even with my BMR
  • m0radell
    m0radell Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    My stats are relatively similar, although I'm about 10 pounds heavier for each of OP's stats

HOW MUCH DO YOU WEIGH? 122 lbs
    HOW TALL ARE YOU? 4'9"
    WHEN/HOW DO YOU WORKOUT? Everyday. I walk about 4-6 miles a day, sprint training, some bodyweight exercises, and some circuits every day. I'm also planning on beginning to add in jogging this week.
    ARE YOU MAINTAINING OR LOSING? Losing
    HOW MANY CALS DO YOU EAT? I eat around 1200 a day, sometimes maybe 200 over, sometimes 200 under
    HOW MANY CALS DO YOU NET? Usually, I net around 700-900. I don't eat back my exercise calories.
  • ssmaling
    ssmaling Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    HOW MUCH DO YOU WEIGH?
    CW - 247
    HW-315
    GW150

HOW TALL ARE YOU?
    5'1.5" Must not forget that half inch! lol

WHEN/HOW DO YOU WORKOUT?

I aim for 5 - 6 days a week. I walk a lot and use various workout DVD's. Currently I am using Chris Powells Boot Camp DVD.

ARE YOU MAINTAINING OR LOSING?
    Losing

HOW MANY CALS DO YOU EAT?
    1500 - 1800

HOW MANY CALS DO YOU NET?
    I'm not sure.
  • theamazingcassiebunny
    theamazingcassiebunny Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I've been here a month, but this is my first ever response to a post. :)

Height: 5'2"
    CW: 111.5
    HW: 143 (2006)
    LW: 106 (2011)
    GW: 109 (maybe a bit less, we'll see)

My goal weight is on the lower end of the range for my height, but I have a very small frame. I've been trying to build muscle so my arms won't end up looking like sticks when I'm done losing!

I work out 7 days a week, usually. 6 of those I do p90x3 with my husband, and sometimes I walk as well. The 7th day we hike, walk, or occasionally jog.

I'm currently losing by eating 1200 calories per day and eating back some to most of my exercise calories.
  • nursegnet
    nursegnet Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Very informative posts.
  • Srendon1111
    Srendon1111 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I just felt I needed to post. There are so many of us shorties on here and I know it's hard for us in weight being so short.
    Personally I'm 5'1 and weigh 96 lbs. My original goal was 105 and obviously lost more than I should have.

I'm trying to maintain/ gain muscle. My goal is set at 1485 and I eat between 1250-1350, but trying to increase more to my goal. It is hard because I lost all my weight and it freaks me out to think about gaining weight now, but I'm trying to be healthy and not skinny.

I'm not a dr but I know for a fact ladies we need at least 1200 calories a day because in the end we are going to damage our bodies. If your goal is to be skinny then by all means continue with your deficit. My goal is to be fit and healthy. I'm 26 and I have two kids and I want to have women curves.

I have never eaten under 1200 calories. And like I said I'm trying to up my calories to gain muscle. Slowly I will continue to increase my goal. This week I've been at 1400 and I'm still 96 lbs. So yes you can eat more and still lose or maintain. I just strongly encourage more of you ladies to eat more especially if you exercise
  • laineybz
    laineybz Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    I just felt I needed to post. There are so many of us shorties on here and I know it's hard for us in weight being so short.
    Personally I'm 5'1 and weigh 96 lbs. My original goal was 105 and obviously lost more than I should have.

I'm trying to maintain/ gain muscle. My goal is set at 1485 and I eat between 1250-1350, but trying to increase more to my goal. It is hard because I lost all my weight and it freaks me out to think about gaining weight now, but I'm trying to be healthy and not skinny.

I'm not a dr but I know for a fact ladies we need at least 1200 calories a day because in the end we are going to damage our bodies. If your goal is to be skinny then by all means continue with your deficit. My goal is to be fit and healthy. I'm 26 and I have two kids and I want to have women curves.

I have never eaten under 1200 calories. And like I said I'm trying to up my calories to gain muscle. Slowly I will continue to increase my goal. This week I've been at 1400 and I'm still 96 lbs. So yes you can eat more and still lose or maintain. I just strongly encourage more of you ladies to eat more especially if you exercise

Although not identical, i'm similar to this. I'm currently weighing in around 104lbs which tbh is abit low for me. I'm looking to gain a few lbs and add muscle. I want to be healthy and not skinny.

HOW MUCH DO YOU WEIGH? Currently 104lbs
    HOW TALL ARE YOU? 5"2
    WHEN/HOW DO YOU WORKOUT? Around my shifts so maybe 3 - 4 times a week. I use at home DVDs and have recently bought some weights to start lifting.
    ARE YOU MAINTAINING OR LOSING? Maintaining
    HOW MANY CALS DO YOU EAT? 1570 (though MFP says i should be under 1500, i find this too little)
    HOW MANY CALS DO YOU NET? At least 1570. I have a desk job, and eat back all my exercise calories.
  • eurochick64
    eurochick64 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    5'1" 50 years young

Hw 150
    CW 144
    GW 130

I lift heavy... 1200/1500 calories a day
    net calories 1100/1300 ish

I have lost 6lbs, as you can see from my picture 6lbs on shorties is noticeable......:noway:
  • KatrineJensen
    KatrineJensen Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Not sure about the weight in pounds and height in inches, we use the metric system where I live..

Height: 161 cm (5'2-5'3?)
    CW: 52 kg (114-15 lbs)
    HW: 58.5 kg (130?)
    LW: 50 kg (110) - a little less than 50 actually, but I'm not sure how much
    GW: anything between 50-52 kg is fine. (110-115)

HOW MUCH DO YOU WEIGH? 52 kg (51.5 on a good day, ha)

HOW TALL ARE YOU? 161 cm

WHEN/HOW DO YOU WORKOUT? 6 days a week right now. I'm doing Insanity, so that's HIIT 5 times a week for 45-60 mins, plus a yoga/strength-type recovery video once a week (it's around 40-45 minutes I think)
    I also take walks when I feel like it, usually on my rest day. But they're just to keep a little active, not strenuous walks at all :)

ARE YOU MAINTAINING OR LOSING? Maintaining (losing fat, but no weight)
    HOW MANY CALS DO YOU EAT? Around 1100 before exercise, and then I eat back my exercise calories (I have a HRM). I usually end up around 1500 calories a day.

I'm trying to up my calories, but I'm finding it very difficult because I struggle disordered and restrictive eating as well as binging, and trying to let go and relax a bit more is hard for me. I'm working on it.

HOW MANY CALS DO YOU NET? I try to net 1000-1100 on days when I exercise, but as I said, I'm trying to up my calories. On rest days I probably net around 1200-1300. Sometimes I only net around 700-900 calories if I burn a lot of calories and have a hard time eating back them all, but I really try to limit this happening.
  • RaspberryTickleChicken
    RaspberryTickleChicken Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    Hello!

I think when people are shorter, we tend to face a little different challenges because the BMI is SO badly skewed as a person is shorter.

Height: 4' 10"
    HW: 136 lbs
    GW: 105 - 107 lbs
    CW: 95 - 97 lbs

How I arrived at my original GW was taking the middle of the road of recommended healthy BMI for my height. I don't adhere to BMI but it was a good place to start as a VERY general guideline.

After I reached my goal I just continued what I was doing and have settled comfortably at 95-97 lbs.

WHEN/HOW DO YOU WORKOUT?
    I work out 5-6 days a week at high intensity on the elliptical for 30 minutes. I have recently implemented some weight baring exercises & abdominal toning calisthenics which is about an additional 10 - 15 minutes at 3 sets of 12-15 reps.

I have been maintaining 95-97 lbs. for approximately 7 months.

HOW MANY CALS DO YOU EAT? / HOW MANY CALS DO YOU NET?
    I have maintained my 1200 per day and when I exercise I intake additional calories -100.
    So for example:
    (1200 (orig) + 300 (exercise) = 1500 (new daily total) -1400 (food consumption)

But honestly, it really depends on your school of thought and what you are comfortable with.

There's two opposing school of thought in regards to goal weight / maintenance. I subscribe to the school of thought that the body naturally knows when to stop loosing. Therefore, I continue to do what I've been doing for the last almost 2 years and my body did just taper off. I've found it easy to maintain this lifestyle & weight so that's what I'm doing.
  • randiwoods1
    randiwoods1 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Age 51

HOW MUCH DO YOU WEIGH?
    CW - 207
    HW-257
    GW - 125-150 not sure since the last time I was in this range, I was in my teens.

HOW TALL ARE YOU?
    5'2"

WHEN/HOW DO YOU WORKOUT?

I aim for 5 - 6 days a week. I do 40 min of Tai Chi in the morning. In the evening, I do 30-40 minutes of either a low-impact video or my exercise bike. I want to try P90X3 or T25 but am afraid they're too high impact - I have a bad knee.

Losing

HOW MANY CALS DO YOU EAT?
    700-900 (post-grastric sleeve on 4/22/14). mostly protien.

HOW MANY CALS DO YOU NET?
    zero to negative, but weight loss has slowed. Not sure if I need to exercise more or up the calorie intake.