Are Oreos more addicting than cocaine/morphine?

Options

Replies

• Rosannajo88
    Rosannajo88 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Man, I remember when me and my friends got a couple of snack wraps of oreos and we stayed up all night talking about life, then my other friend showed up with oreo ice cream, man, thats when it got crazy and everything kinda blurred out. I lost my phone and someone gave me a black eye, I think I was trying to hoard all the oreos for myself you know, oreos make me crazy like that. It was some intense *kitten*.

I try to stay away from oreos now, I just dont like myself on them.
  • JuzDuIt
    JuzDuIt Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Hi.... my name's Jan....and I'm an Oreoholic....:ohwell:
  • jazi719
    jazi719 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    For starters, I would like to thank everyone for making me laugh. This is a very funny thread. :happy:

I know nothing about Morphine but I have tried Cocaine and it's very addicting. I have tried Oreos and IMO, they are just as addicting and easier to come by. You can just buy them off the darn shelf! I can eat a whole bag in one sitting. But that also goes the same for most chocolate for me so I would say it's more of a sugar addiction.

I hate the people that can just eat 2-3 and close the bag!! :angry:
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    The next hit series on HBO: Baking Bad.

lol, LOVE this response!

KhKHcn9.gif
  • ahamm002
    ahamm002 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    If sugar is addictive, how do you explain the fact that millions or billions of people can eat it occasionally and not have any withdrawal symptoms when they don't eat any?

Sugar is not addictive. Some people might display compulsive eating behaviors, and may have a preference for sugary foods, but that doesn't mean it's addictive.

And what withdrawal symptoms are you looking for? Are your familiar with the withdrawal symptoms of crack cocaine? (hint, that's a trick question). What are the withdrawal symptoms of smoking?
  • ahamm002
    Options
    LOL, I saw this on the news this morning, too. I feel like this is a symptom of the times...we're always looking to blame the addiction rather than take responsibility for our own choices...face palms...

In no way, shape, or form does being "addicted" absolve anybody of responsibility. Smokers, heroin users, etc., are all responsible for their addictions and subsequent actions.
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    Mr White's got the blue stuff yo!

5ryivEz.jpg
    :heart:
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    If I eat one Oreo, I have trouble not eating half the bag.

However, as long as there aren't Oreos in my immediate vicinity, I don't even think about them (except when threads like this pop up).

I'm pretty sure people with cocaine amnd morphine addictions still crave those things when they aren't around.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    Mr White's got the blue stuff yo!

5ryivEz.jpg
    :heart:

Yummy! I am referring to the picture of Jesse (guy on the left). I don't give a crap about the oreos. lol.
  • ahamm002
    Options

However, as long as there aren't Oreos in my immediate vicinity, I don't even think about them (except when threads like this pop up).

I'm pretty sure people with cocaine amnd morphine addictions still crave those things when they aren't around.

Likewise, there are people who use cocaine but don't crave it when it's not around. That doesn't mean it isn't addictive for other people.
  • mojohowitz
    mojohowitz Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    Yes. I was able to stop Vicodin but I am still ensnared in my Oreo habit.
  • rml_16
    Options

Likewise, there are people who use cocaine but don't crave it when it's not around. That doesn't mean it isn't addictive for other people.
    So you know a significant number of people hitting the convenience store at 3 a.m. because they just cannot get through the night without an Oreo?
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    This might seem like blasphemy, but I don't really like Oreos. Unless they're crumbled in ice cream cake. :love:

I like the super-cheap Oreo-knockoff cookies better (I call them Pooreos) especially the white and chocolate ones. But they don't come anywhere near fresh, hot chocolate chip or Snickerdoodles.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I've heard great things about morphine. It's hard to believe Oreos could hold a candle to them.
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options
    Oh for gods sake, the rats went for the tastier food - that doesn't make them addictive.

hmmm oreos or rice cakes - what a hard choice :noway:

Ridiculous conclusion is ridiculous.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    This might seem like blasphemy, but I don't really like Oreos. Unless they're crumbled in ice cream cake. :love:

I like the super-cheap Oreo-knockoff cookies better (I call them Pooreos) especially the white and chocolate ones. But they don't come anywhere near fresh, hot chocolate chip or Snickerdoodles.

"Pooreos" is pure gold.
  • rml_16
    Options
    Oh for gods sake, the rats went for the tastier food - that doesn't make them addictive.

hmmm oreos or rice cakes - what a hard choice :noway:

Ridiculous conclusion is ridiculous.
    I have a debiltating rice cake addiction.
  • TX_Rhon
    TX_Rhon Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    I never let a woman take advantage of me in a club's bathroom for an 8 ball of Oreos.

^^This. Was. Funny!!!!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Do pumpkin spice Oreos exist? Or pumpkin-anything Oreos?

Pls. I need to know. plz.
  • rml_16
    Options
    Do pumpkin spice Oreos exist? Or pumpkin-anything Oreos?

Pls. I need to know. plz.
    I believe there were pumpkin Oreos last Halloween. I don't know if they're back. Or maybe they were candy corn Oreos? I don't really remember.

I like the originals best, right after the Oreo Fudgees, to which I may very well have an addiction that I would sell my body to feed ....