The worst beer you've ever had?

Options

Replies

• _Emma_Problema_
    _Emma_Problema_ Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Schlafly Pumpkin Ale. Tasted like I was ingesting a melted candle. I typically never order stuff like that, I don't know why I did. I typically enjoy Schlafly though. The bartender kept trying to make me order a new one, but I said I was finishing it, I'm tough. He said I know you are tough, but I would be happy to get you a new one. I said, no, dammit, it has alcohol, I'll finish it. Grossest. Beer. Ever. Besides anything from the big three...

On a side note, on Sunday morning I was at the alehouse for beer and $3 Bloody Mary's...doing the Sunday crossword. The new bartender said he thought I was a secret assassin...what?

WUT!? That's my favorite pumpkin beer this season. I think it's awesome. Not super sweet like a lot of pumpkin beers but you can really taste the pumpkin. I think maybe you just don't like pumpkin beers. I've only heard good things from other people too.
  • uidb5259
    uidb5259 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I have a few. Hate Natural Light and the Beast (Milwaukee's Best). Any beer with a coffee or chocolate taste sucks too! Beer should taste like beer.

Oh not a big Heineken fan either.

Love most Octoberfest (Marzen) beers!
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options

we can't be friends. :angry:
    Guinness....Hate it...People have tried to murder me over my dislike for it.

No one is going to get convicted for "Murder" with that as a reason...

See what I mean...You guiness drinkers are a violent lot

Also, not sure if already named, but taking any beer and pouring tomato juice in it. They do it in NE during husker games. I tried that once that crap is nasty.
  • Keena7656
    Options
    Natural Light. Horrible. Usually, if it's ice cold I can drink most any beer.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Schlafly Pumpkin Ale. Tasted like I was ingesting a melted candle. I typically never order stuff like that, I don't know why I did. I typically enjoy Schlafly though. The bartender kept trying to make me order a new one, but I said I was finishing it, I'm tough. He said I know you are tough, but I would be happy to get you a new one. I said, no, dammit, it has alcohol, I'll finish it. Grossest. Beer. Ever. Besides anything from the big three...

On a side note, on Sunday morning I was at the alehouse for beer and $3 Bloody Mary's...doing the Sunday crossword. The new bartender said he thought I was a secret assassin...what?

That's surprising. Schlafly makes my favorite pumpkin ale and I'm not alone. Currently ranked as #3 in the world: http://beeradvocate.com/lists/style/72

Maybe you got a bad bottle/keg or something? Do you like other pumpkin ales?
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    Anything with the word 'Light" in it.
  • heylookitsval
    heylookitsval Posts: 1,141 Member
    Options

Also, not sure if already named, but taking any beer and pouring tomato juice in it. They do it in NE during husker games. I tried that once that crap is nasty.

I'd murder you first for liking the Rays...
  • IamOnMywayNow
    IamOnMywayNow Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Samuel Adams latitude 48 Ipa...........yack!!! Tasted like bitter flowers.
  • ryry_
    Options

Whoa Whoa Whoa...Lets not start saying things that can't be unsaid...What are u a giants fan?
  • heylookitsval
    Options

Whoa Whoa Whoa...Lets not start saying things that can't be unsaid...What are u a giants fan?

God no, A's!
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Samuel Adams latitude 48 Ipa...........yack!!! Tasted like bitter flowers.

Haha, not a fan of IPAs I take it?
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options

God no, A's!

double whammy on my giants......... I see how it is :angry:
  • ryry_
    Options

God no, A's!

See, there is no need for Murder...We should be consoling each other for both our teams and their early playoff exits...Plus we beat the Rangers
  • jdaley90
    jdaley90 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Bud Ice- ugggh

Referencing the first page though.. Tsingtao is good! You obviously have never had one in China lol
  • heylookitsval
    Options
    See, there is no need for Murder...We should be consoling each other for both our teams and their early playoff exits...Plus we beat the Rangers

Ok, I'll give you that.
  • imakeyoukneel
    imakeyoukneel Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    it was called like Bad dog a local brew it tasted like they bottled a dogs *kitten*
  • creech6317
    creech6317 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Budweiser - hate the stuff, it is just colored water.
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,736 Member
    Options
    cave_creek_chili-500x500.jpg

Tasted like Corona that was fermented in a dumpster. A dumpster full of used baby diapers....on fire.
    I had successfully blocked this from my memory. Now it's back. Thanks, *kitten*.
  • Vince_1964
    Vince_1964 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Anything with the word 'Light" in it.

^^^ This. Though the actual worst I ever had was a Corona that had been shipped via container ship out to Diego Garcia ... it wasn't even the right color and tasted like P!$$-wter!
  • jeffd247
    jeffd247 Posts: 319 Member
    Options

God no, A's!

<- Red Sox fan

*skips away gleefully with a Guinness and a smoking gun*