Toxic sugar's secrets CBC doc link

Options
13»

Replies

• Phoenix_Warrior
    Phoenix_Warrior Posts: 1,633 Member
    Options
    Count Chocula is my hero. Speaking of which, I need to stock up. It's the season!

I challenge you to pick up a box of Kelloggs Krave Double Chocolate cereal..... you may just have a new favorite afterwards.... :drinker:

I got a box of those about 2 months ago. With no milk it was good. With milk I wasn't a fan.

I still have around 20 boxes of the count left to go through. I have to stock up with more while supplies last.

Yeah same here I just pour some into a bowl and eat them dry but on occasion will mix with chocolate milk.... :drinker:

with chocolate milk? You wild man.:tongue:
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    Lichent,

I recall, from your very first post, I think.... that you and 'buddy' ditched all the sugar, and everything you deemed 'junk food' in your house? How about a personal update on how that is all going? You might be a bit more credible, if you could offer some personal stats on your own health journey, instead of just posting links to stuff.

What was buddy's and your starting weight, and where are you now? Are you tracking using MFP, or have you just cut out the 'junk food?'
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    Lichent,

I recall, from your very first post, I think.... that you and 'buddy' ditched all the sugar, and everything you deemed 'junk food' in your house? How about a personal update on how that is all going? You might be a bit more credible, if you could offer some personal stats on your own health journey, instead of just posting links to stuff.

What was buddy's and your starting weight, and where are you now? Are you tracking using MFP, or have you just cut out the 'junk food?'

If I remember right.....they were also thinking about becoming hunters and gatherers for all of their food and ditching all technology, but keeping the computer for nonsense threads like this. :huh: Maybe they should get together with that guy that was wondering how to log sticks and bugs awhile back.
  • froeschli
    froeschli Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    I'm waiting for the special on the evils of organic food...

Organic is so last decade
    Organic just means carbon based. So most food is organic, and a bunch of other stuff too, like diesel.

As for toxic, yup, everything is toxic in the right dosage. Apparently 27 grams of table salt can kill you. Yet they sell it by the pound.
  • MrsFowler1069
    MrsFowler1069 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    I get the point being made, but I have trouble with oversimplification for the purpose of making one's argument. Just saying...

or·gan·ic (ôr-gnk)
    adj.
    1. Of, relating to, or derived from living organisms: organic matter.
    2. Of, relating to, or affecting a bodily organ: an organic disease.
    a. Of, marked by, or involving the use of fertilizers or pesticides that are strictly of animal or vegetable origin: organic vegetables; an organic farm.
    b. Raised or conducted without the use of drugs, hormones, or synthetic chemicals: organic chicken; organic cattle farming.
    c. Serving organic food: an organic restaurant.
    d. Simple, healthful, and close to nature: an organic lifestyle.
    a. Having properties associated with living organisms.
    b. Resembling a living organism in organization or development; interconnected: society as an organic whole.
    5. Constituting an integral part of a whole; fundamental.
    6. Law Denoting or relating to the fundamental or constitutional laws and precepts of a government or an organization.
    7. Chemistry Of or designating carbon compounds.
    n.
    1. A substance, especially a fertilizer or pesticide, of animal or vegetable origin.
    2. Chemistry An organic compound.
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    Lichent,

If I remember right.....they were also thinking about becoming hunters and gatherers for all of their food and ditching all technology, but keeping the computer for nonsense threads like this. :huh: Maybe they should get together with that guy that was wondering how to log sticks and bugs awhile back.
    Aw, I missed that one. :angry:
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    Lichent,

Aw, I missed that one. :angry:

It was a short lived troll thread, you didn't miss too much. :tongue:
  • Lichent
    Lichent Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I watched the YouTube video linked above, and I am going to immediately decrease my sugar consumption .. as I think that it has real health implications.

You guys can joke and make fun of it .. but the science tells me that consuming sugar like most of us do, is not a good idea.

Thanks for this thread. The 45 min I spent watching the video is time well spent.

you are welcome. My buddy and I gave up the sugar, at the time we didn't know how bad bad was.
    Now its linked to cancer and now alzheimers. scary stuff, just think count chocula without his marbles one day tied to a bed post wearing diapers.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    I watched the YouTube video linked above, and I am going to immediately decrease my sugar consumption .. as I think that it has real health implications.

You guys can joke and make fun of it .. but the science tells me that consuming sugar like most of us do, is not a good idea.

Thanks for this thread. The 45 min I spent watching the video is time well spent.

you are welcome. My buddy and I gave up the sugar, at the time we didn't know how bad bad was.
    Now its linked to cancer and now alzheimers. scary stuff, just think count chocula without his marbles one day tied to a bed post wearing diapers.

I've heard that not getting enough sugar in your diet leads to random postings of pseudo science Youtube videos.
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Organic just means carbon based. So most food is organic, and a bunch of other stuff too, like diesel.

All the best herbicides and pesticides are organic.

But I think we all know the reference is to "Organic" the quasi-religious food production model.