Feelings after a cheat day?

Options

Replies

• SinomenJen
    SinomenJen Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I used the language of "falling off" and "cheat days" for nearly 2 decades, ever since I was a kid, including all the shame, guilt, and anger that came along with it.

No more. I've come too far, gotten too damn strong after years of trial and error, to keep looking at food that way. Yes I eat in a healthy way, that feels great, the majority of the time. But if I have days here and there that I want to truly go overboard, I do, and I do so without guilt or remorse.

^^^^ this ^^^^^^^^^^^^
  • ash190489
    ash190489 Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    I did the same thing 2 days ago! A whole mushroom & cheese pizza followed by icecream & brownie lol it had been ages for me too! But that's exactly it, it doesn't happen often at all so the next day I just just got back on the healthy wagon & gymed! It's okay,, just move on ????
  • eelehr
    eelehr Posts: 1
    Options
    Yesterday was a cheat day for me. I was in an all-day meeting with lunch provided. It is really tough to diet in such a setting, so I let go of it.

I felt really bad, but got back up on the horse today and will move forward. :smile:
  • orczombie
    orczombie Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I cheated yesterday and I didn't log it for the shame, but other than not wanting to see the large red numbers, I don't feel bad about it. I was out with my friends, and I wanted beer and pizza, too. At this point, one day isn't going to ruin all the progress I've made. As long as I go right back to being disciplined the next day, I don't beat myself over slipping on isolated days.
  • FlawlessMusic
    Options
    I went way over on calories yesterday and don't regret it. It was a fun night out with friends and ramen and froyo isn't too wild, though it was in bigger portions than I should've had. I averaged it out over the week and found that it wasn't too bad. I'm back on track today, and I feel good about that.
  • redladywitch
    redladywitch Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    I don't have cheat days. I eat food and work pop tarts, cheesecake, ice cream, pop corn, etc. into my daily caloric intake. I'm just not into giving myself guilt trips. You should shrug it off. Tomorrow is another day. It's going to be alright.
  • ItsAnIllusion
    ItsAnIllusion Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Another thought - I don't like the term "cheat day," as if I'm breaking rules set by some outside force. I choose what I eat, and some days I choose to eat more. I don't feel guilty about it.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    original.jpg
  • Barbonica
    Barbonica Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Excess in moderation. Log it, at the end of the week you might feel less guilt when you see that you ate for the week at or near , maintenance. I sometimes find this and always feel more in control when I log it and track it. Start again the next day or next meal.
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    I have cheat meals and no I don't feel guilty. I workout hard so I earn those treats in my opinion. Just fit your splurge into your day.
  • chelseascounter
    chelseascounter Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    i only feel satisfied. it's not like i'm going to gain 10 lbs overnight or going over cals every night. once a week doesn't hurt me.
  • massivediet
    massivediet Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    What I do about pizza is go out to the pizza buffet once a week. I have a salad and then gorge myself on as much pizza as I want. The slices are small, about 250-300 calories each. I started out at 8 slices, and now usually 5-6. It's great! You don't take home any leftovers, you eat all the pizza you want, and depending on what your goal calories are and whether you must have two more meals that day, it might not even be a cheat day.
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    I want pizza now. ..

I don't get 'not logging because you don't want to see red numbers' ...Just log. It's just information, the more you have the better you can figure out how to better plan in the future. If you were hungry enough to eat a whole pizza, I'm gonna guess you haven't been eating enough in general, or your food has been very bland and low calorie, or 'healthy'.

You're supposed to be able to live your life, enjoy a slice or three of pizza and a decent beer on occasion and not feel guilty. Just log honestly, add more activity to your days when possible and go for a weekly average. Don't stress the day to day stuff.
  • Hezzietiger1
    Hezzietiger1 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    pizza causes the scale to go up 4-5 lbs for 4-5 days for me lol. Love it, but it is bad news for me.
  • Carol_Magee
    Carol_Magee Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I don't like calling it a cheat either. Call it a bonus or free or earned or reward - anything but cheat. Cheat just sounds like you've done something "bad" and who are you cheating anyway?
  • maryrx59
    maryrx59 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    bump
  • webb50
    webb50 Posts: 1
    Options
    Forgive yourself and go on.I think we all need ONE cheat day. After that day, get back on track. I had my cheat day today. Was blown away at the calories I took in,sure wasn't good for my blood sugar either, but I needed that cheat day, I've been craving a burger for three days,I got it and feel satisfied . I forgive my self, tomorrow is a new day.:happy:
  • karmahead
    karmahead Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I think you've done a good job recognizing that you don't feel good afterwards and that maybe you didn't want that pizza after all. We all have "slip ups". The next time you feel like eating a whole pizza, think about how you are feeling right now.
  • NRSPAM
    NRSPAM Posts: 961 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean. If you love pizza, you have to allow yourself to have it once or twice a week, so you don't overindulge, like you're never going to see it again! Lol. If you wouldn't have gone so long without having it, and you knew you would be able to have it again in a few days, would you have still ate the whole thing? I doubt it. You have to work those things in to your calorie goal. You can always do some extra exercise on the days you know you'll be having more calorie dense foods. ;)
  • happysherri
    happysherri Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    I had pizza and breadsticks today and stayed under my calories. I logged it, gasped and then went for a 50 minute Power walk!