Your saddest tv/movie deaths (spoilers)

Options
Mutant13
Mutant13 Posts: 2,485 Member
Anyone want to share their most heart wrenching tv and movie deaths?

I thought I'd share my top 3

Mufasa

null_zpse5e169f9.jpg

Still can't watch this scene without crying

Dobby

null_zps28aad196.jpg

Cried when I read it in the book. The only character death I actually teared up about

Hoban Washbourne

null_zpsf3bb81be.jpg

WHY?! ALL OF THE FEELS.

Honourable mention goes to Rue in the hunger games books and film. I got pretty choked up

Replies

• TribeHokie
    TribeHokie Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Definitely Rue. I cry when I read it and I still cry twice when I watch that movie: first when katniss gets the salute from everyone in the district after she volunteers and second when rue dies.

Regardless of how you feel about the situation, anyone who didn't cry during the cory/finn tribute episode of glee a couple weeks ago is heartless.

And not that it was a death, but when Michael Scott left The Office I definitely cried. Wasn't expecting that kind of show to pull out such an emotional episode.
  • Mutant13
    Options
    I don't follow glee but its sad about the actor.

The salute got me the worst. I was sitting there just going 'oh god oh god oh god whaaaaaaa!' In the middle of the theatre. Her actual death hit me harder in the book though. It was almost worse in the movie cause I knew what was coming
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Old Yeller and Bambi's Mom...what the h-ll Disney?!
  • DonCC
    DonCC Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Brian's song
  • adlace
    adlace Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Hmmm......Characters who die on me keep coming back....

Dean Winchester-- hell hounds make a chew toy out of him and drag him to hell, but he came back
    Sam Winchester-- Hanging out with Lucifer in the cage But he came back all crazy and stuff...."He said 'shut up' to me..."
    Castiel-- screamed at the TV when Lucifer exploded him...yeah, not dead either.

Fred-- from the Angel series. Came back as a monster, but what ya gonna do...
    I guess the whole end of the Angel series was tragic for me...
  • Mutant13
    Options
    Disney taught me what ripping your heart out through your eyeballs felt like.
  • notdieting
    notdieting Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Harry in Armageddon......when he says goodbye to Grace and when he asks A.J. to look after his little girl.

Blackthorn in the book of War Horse....a truly heartwrenching portrayal of the futile loss of life during war

The little boy (played by Haley Joel Osment) in Pay It Forward....that one had me sobbing til I couldn't breathe
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    Marley. And that movie was played during the holidays as a family film. :explode: The jerks! Watch this movie and spend the night bawling your head off. :brokenheart: Oh, and Merry Christmas! :drinker: :angry:
  • Beastmaster50
    Beastmaster50 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Edith Bunker. Sounds silly but Archie becoming single again represented so much of the WW2 generation and the defined roles of marriage.
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    Nina Tucker, FullMetal Alchemist ;_;
  • xsmilexforxmex
    xsmilexforxmex Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    George in Greys Anatomy :( I was so upset!!
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    Jack.

tumblr_mfdy2vdgU41rujpd6o1_500.gif

She lied.

And any time a pet dies, it pretty much kills me.
  • 5n0wbal1
    5n0wbal1 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Click, when the dad Michael dies. It was just a dream, but still. At least he got the final chance to tell his family how important they were and to flip off the speedo stepdad. :D
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    Not exactly a death, but when Donna leaves in Doctor Who - the whole thing about him having to take all her memories to save her life, so she isn't who she'd become with him. :cry:

And then River Song and Amy & Rory Pond and the Doctor dying (and not) at Lake Silencio. Like, that whole season, even with how it resolves, it just kills me every time!

(Yes, I'm a Doctor Who freak!!)

And again with the Science Fiction nerd … but in Star Trek II, when Spock dies (and yes, I remember it before anyone knew he was coming back in the 3rd movie). "I have been … and ever shall be … your friend" :sad:

I agree with Walsh's. That was just … :noway:

Oh yea, and Kate in the first season of NCIS. She takes a bullet for Gibbs, but it's in her vest, so everything is safe and they can relax and then with no more warning, a sniper shot and she's gone.
  • gringuitica
    gringuitica Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    From Buffy, Joyce, Tara and, of course, Buffy herself. Those deaths get me every time.
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    Click, when the dad Michael dies. It was just a dream, but still. At least he got the final chance to tell his family how important they were and to flip off the speedo stepdad. :D

oh good one. For whatever reason that one hit me right in the feels
  • TMLPatrick
    TMLPatrick Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Opie from SOA..... just terrible!
  • Ed98043
    Ed98043 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    It's the animal deaths that absolutely gut me! Kevin Costner's horse in Dances with Wolves and Will Smith's dog in I Am Legend come to mind.
  • TMLPatrick
    TMLPatrick Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Going back..... The Lone Gunmen

glassdoor.jpg
  • 89nunu
    89nunu Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    Ned stark from game of thrones!!!

Debra Morgan from dexter!!

George from greys anatomy!

Forgot to say: the Tiger in ice age, dunno why cause he doesn't even die but it always gets me :'(