Your saddest tv/movie deaths (spoilers)

Options

Replies

• KokowithaK
    KokowithaK Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    From Buffy, Joyce, Tara and, of course, Buffy herself. Those deaths get me every time.

The episode where Joyce dies is unbelievable. I haven't seen an hour of TV like that before or since.

Absolutely. I think Joyce's episode was particularly real and raw because Joss Whedon chose to film it without any sort of background music. The silence was deafening. And the light wasn't filtered at all, and it was almost blinding. Just an amazing episode.

Oh yes. Joyce's death definitely hit home for me as well.

Also didn't think this would affect me but the future brother-in-law on Ugly Betty who gets shot was pretty moving to me, too. What was more depressing was that in that episode, the sister is in bed with her fiance with a wound on him and she's catering to him and refusing to leave him alone. End of episode: He was already dead.

Also, Severus Snape.

Dumbledore: Lily...after all this time?
    Snape: Always.

ALL THE FEELS D':
  • dizzysmile
    dizzysmile Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    25-media-tumblr-com-2-gif_212316.gif

Hands down. Nothing else even compares.

Though technically I read it before I watched it.
    That didn't make me cry but I sat there like this for about 10 min. :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway:

I haven't read the books yet!! LOL!

I read it late at night in bed with my SO sleeping next to me and I swear, I just put the book down and stared into the darkness for like 5 minutes straight, unable to believe it. And then the very next chapter, GRRM pretends to kill off Arya too and doesn't reveal that she's alive until many chapters later. I didn't cry, but I wasn't in good shape. :(

same here.I didnt read the books and this was f*****g unexpected and my eyes were popping out so much I couldnt believe its happening.

That was pretty much my reaction with the book. I had to read it twice, then what I wrote above happened. Ugh. Just looking at the picture gives me chills! Seriously, worst book/TV deaths ever.
  • RebekahR84
    RebekahR84 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Just realized no one mentioned Nate from Southland. I mean... he was in the middle of an amazing character arc! And he was so likeable. I didn't see that one coming. It felt like someone punched me in the stomach.
  • dcarr67
    dcarr67 Posts: 1,403
    Options
    When Brian Piccilo died in Brian's song.
  • JeaninePaige
    JeaninePaige Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Snape. :(
  • skcardiog
    skcardiog Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    When Brandon Lee's character was killed in The Crow - and when he died accidentally while filming The Crow.
  • Mutant13
    Mutant13 Posts: 2,485 Member
    Options
    25-media-tumblr-com-2-gif_212316.gif

Hands down. Nothing else even compares.

Though technically I read it before I watched it.
    That didn't make me cry but I sat there like this for about 10 min. :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway:

I haven't read the books yet!! LOL!
    same here.I didnt read the books and this was f*****g unexpected and my eyes were popping out so much I couldnt believe its happening.

I've read the books so was prepared for this. No deep affinity for the characters so it didn't hit me too hard. The acting was fantastic though and the scene was conducted really well
  • Mutant13
    Options
    Oh and not a movie but who has played the Walking Dead game?

I bawled, I will never be over it
  • Ophidion
    Ophidion Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    Donnie Darko
    QveAClL.gif

Ursu
    ioIAXkP.jpg

I am a comic geek and the list is too long for this medium.
  • Ophidion
    Ophidion Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    When Brandon Lee's character was killed in The Crow - and when he died accidentally while filming The Crow.
    Agreed!!!
    The character and actor played a significant role in my formative years as did his father.
    GnYCxq1.jpg

Also animals dying in movies gets me every time.
  • chilicoco
    chilicoco Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Marley! Cried my eyes out:cry:
  • sirduckbutt
    sirduckbutt Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    The last Harry Potter movie! So... many... deaths...!

Lupin and Tonks - they just had a baby, dammit :(
    Fred - dying. Right in front of his twin. Ouch...
    Snape - always :'( sniffle...
  • ktsmom430
    ktsmom430 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    My top 3:

My Sisters Keeper
    City of Angels
    Terms of Endearment
  • liesevanlingen
    liesevanlingen Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Gavroche in "Les Mis". Actually I was crying through most of that one, even though I'd read the book and knew what was going to happen.
  • Mother_Superior
    Mother_Superior Posts: 1,624 Member
    Options
    Harrison Ford's career and my childhood in Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.

But seriously...Mickey in Rocky 3 and Apollo Creed in Rocky 4.
  • Mutant13
    Options
    Agreed!!!
    The character and actor played a significant role in my formative years as did his father.
    GnYCxq1.jpg

Also animals dying in movies gets me every time.

I love your avatar and ticker. I have a sandman quote tattooed on my shoulder.

And I agree. One who loves comics must be prepared to cry every time they crack open a new issue.
  • asaunders0923
    Options
    When I found out everyone really was dead at the end of Lost... Big sigh.
  • Echo_Dan
    Echo_Dan Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Joyce in Buffy.....Buffy's reaction let's you feel through her the shock and surprise

Jenny in Forrest Gump - Not her death but Forrest's reaction is a tear jerker every time

Goose in Topgun
  • Echo_Dan
    Echo_Dan Posts: 312 Member
    Options

Nope but the deaths of Roach and Ghost in Modern Warfare left me stunned. The betrayal of Shepard, their Commanding Officer, and the fact that Roach is still alive enough to see the aviation fuel pored over him and them light him on fire. Could.....not.....blink........stunned !!
  • Mutant13
    Options

Nope but the deaths of Roach and Ghost in Modern Warfare left me stunned. The betrayal of Shepard, their Commanding Officer, and the fact that Roach is still alive enough to see the aviation fuel pored over him and them light him on fire. Could.....not.....blink........stunned !!

STOP MAKING ME FEEL THINGS