Who is starting fresh Monday?

Options
ShrinkingGinger
ShrinkingGinger Posts: 16 Member
edited November 2023 in Getting Started
I've got over 100lbs to lose and am starting fresh on Monday. Who is with me?!

Replies

• mclarenbabe
    mclarenbabe Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Me please. I've got 28lbs to lose for my first goal weight but disability limits the exercise I can do. Or is that, although the truth, an excuse.
  • mrshudson813
    mrshudson813 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Me!!! I have 100 lbs to lose also and I am having a hard time sticking to a plan. I really need some motivation to stick with it.
  • leelo2003
    leelo2003 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I have over 150 to lose so count me in, i only want to lose it slowly though 1 or 2 lb a week so it stays of and i train my brain to eat less more healthy meals. Been on mfp 23 days now and have lost 13lb in 3 weeks without doing any exercise really need to start doing some but just haven't got the motivation yet to do it.
    Good luck we can do it.
    Set yourself small goals so you feel better once you've completed them my first is to reach 19stone 6lb. My major goal is to be a size 18 by next october when i go on holiday for my 25th wedding anniversary and renew my wedding vows.
  • KimDeeB
    Options
    Me too please! I'm brand new to this. Really needing like minded people around to keep me motivated! :smile:
  • cindyb1984
    cindyb1984 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I am
    I have over 150lbs to lose, so I will be here for the long haul!
    Anybody can feel free to add me!
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    Hello. I just want to wish each of you good luck and share with you what has really worked for me:

Don't keep starting over - just keep going. None of us are perfect - accept it and move on. There is no wagon to get back on. There is no jump starting your weight loss. There is just doing. Everyday.

Eat the foods you like to eat. Just work really hard on teaching yourself moderation. Then you won't be freaking out when Thanksgiving and other holidays come around. Keep going.

Weigh and measure everything. Log everything. If you don't do this - you will NEVER understand the amount of food you should be eating. Once you do that, start looking at your macros.

Start moving more. The more you move the better you will feel! Try lots of things and find something that you love to do. Then be consistent about doing it. It's not necessary to exercise to lose weight, but you will feel so much better!

Forget about your end goal. When I changed my mindset to focus on my health - I stopped obsessing about the scale. I made my decisions, focused on getting healthy. I will be doing this for the rest of my life.

Good luck!! :flowerforyou:
  • ShrinkingGinger
    Options
    Great, looks like there are a few of us starting or refocusing our journey tomorrow. I personally find it helpful to "start" with a buddy because you will have similar goals and struggles... great for staying motivated!

Anyone can feel free to send a friend invite my way. The more the merrier.
  • ShrinkingGinger
    Options
    Hello. I just want to wish each of you good luck and share with you what has really worked for me:

Don't keep starting over - just keep going. None of us are perfect - accept it and move on. There is no wagon to get back on. There is no jump starting your weight loss. There is just doing. Everyday.

Eat the foods you like to eat. Just work really hard on teaching yourself moderation. Then you won't be freaking out when Thanksgiving and other holidays come around. Keep going.

Weigh and measure everything. Log everything. If you don't do this - you will NEVER understand the amount of food you should be eating. Once you do that, start looking at your macros.

Start moving more. The more you move the better you will feel! Try lots of things and find something that you love to do. Then be consistent about doing it. It's not necessary to exercise to lose weight, but you will feel so much better!

Forget about your end goal. When I changed my mindset to focus on my health - I stopped obsessing about the scale. I made my decisions, focused on getting healthy. I will be doing this for the rest of my life.

Great tips here!
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options

^^^ all of this is really good advice
  • nefskilove
    Options
    Me!!! I will be starting over across the board...Dieting, exercising, the whole nine yards!!! My goal is to lose 28 pounds. But I just don't wanna lose weight I want to be healthy and stay healthy and not feel so sluggish anymore.
  • Mistya81
    Mistya81 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Me!! Glad that I'm not alone. Thanksgiving week (Canada) has made it really difficult to stay on track. I've kept up with the exercise but have been eating leftovers and sweets all week.
  • karenleighwilliams
    Options
    I am in. have had diabetes for a while now. I have never really had it completely under control and I was not believing it affected me that much. Well those times are over. I have went from 256 to just recently 206. mainly because I was out of insulin and dropped the weight. Ready to get serious....lets go!!!! :)
  • cadaverousbones
    cadaverousbones Posts: 421 Member
    Options

Agreed
  • natalieyeo39
    natalieyeo39 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I'm re-focusing on my diet plan tomorrow so I would love to join you all :) did a binge this weekend and while i enjoyed the beef bowls and pretzels, I didn't like the way it made my boy feel after though :( especially the pretzel. I could probably eat it once in a while but not x2 a week! I was diligent and great at counting calories but I got so off target because i don't like to cook and I live alone so cooking healthy is a chore for me :( plus my binge days are always days that I woke up late, couldn't exercise, had a packed schedule that is only free at night, and ended up binging instead. So less waking up late and more exercising should get me on track. The whole I hate to cook deal is an issue though :(
  • katelynal
    katelynal Posts: 114
    Options
    I'm re-focusing on my diet plan tomorrow so I would love to join you all :) did a binge this weekend and while i enjoyed the beef bowls and pretzels, I didn't like the way it made my boy feel after though :( especially the pretzel. I could probably eat it once in a while but not x2 a week! I was diligent and great at counting calories but I got so off target because i don't like to cook and I live alone so cooking healthy is a chore for me :( plus my binge days are always days that I woke up late, couldn't exercise, had a packed schedule that is only free at night, and ended up binging instead. So less waking up late and more exercising should get me on track. The whole I hate to cook deal is an issue though :(

Gosh, I could have written this!!! I went crazy on Friday and ate whatever crossed my path 'just because'. On Saturday morning, my stomach felt like cement, bleh! I also hate to cook - it is my number one issue to tackle. I've started by having my best friend over for one or two meals on the weekends - I ate many home cooked meals at her house in years past and now I think I should return the favor, plus it is good for me!! Maybe start with something like that?
  • Sammyrudz
    Options
    I am starting tomorrow.. New to this site but love how everyone can keep each other motivated.
    We can do this! x
  • shelialou66
    Options
    I'm not starting tomorrow, I have already started, but I am here for support. I don't have a specific number I want to lose, just gonna go til I feel good. That could be 50-75lbs, I'm not sure. Getting up moving, going to the gym feels good already. We can do this, especially if we support one another.
  • 1meh
    1meh Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Me! I don't have that much weight to loose, but I gave up for no reason for two weeks and ate nothing but fatty processed food. I haven't weighed myself since. So tomorrow is fresh start day!
  • aliencheesecake
    aliencheesecake Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    Sure, I need a fresh start. Bad weekend as far as overeating and exercise... Have a headache today, and so although I know I really NEED to exercise, I just can't seem to make myself do it, especially not since if I start WITH a headache, it will prob make it worse... :(

So back on the wagon tomorrow!!!
  • abdidd
    abdidd Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Me too just started again today! 60 pounds to loose. We can keep each other motivated :smile: Feel free to add.
This discussion has been closed.