Please post before/after "back fat" photos.. because

Options

Replies

• MrsRidgle
    Options
    I really need some assurance that mine will actually disappear!

It's disappointing that a shirt/blouse that looks cute from the front can look so awful from the back :(

I still have about 50lbs to lose - please show me it can be done!

It will go away! How fat it goes is up to you. I did a lot of research (through google and youtube, lol) and what I found out was that excessive back fat is a sign that your body does not handle carbohydrates well. In addition to dieting and exercise, monitoring carbohydrate intake makes a huge difference. I found that while only watching my calories it seemed like I was losing weight everywhere EXCEPT my back :(

I took the suggestion of someone on a youtube video I watched to cut out breads, pasta, grains, fruits, and pretty much anything white. I wouldn't call it Atkins or low carb because you can eat carbs, but only carbs that come from vegetables (but not potatoes). By cutting out the suggested foods it would be hard to eat high carb anyway. So any way his suggestion was to cut these things out until the back fat is gone then slowly reintroduce fruits and whole grains.

I've been doing this for about two months now and I see a huge difference!

Okay, I can't figure out how to get my picture on here. so I'm just gonna post and try again
  • MrsRidgle
    Options
    Okay, hope this upload works

photo2_zps1a5a6e33.jpg
  • tbsttbst
    tbsttbst Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    [img]http://i1365.photobucket.com/albums/r754/fighting4fit_jessica/Mobile Uploads/IMG_20131011_112135_zps46623779.jpg[/img]

Hi, I'm just curious after seeing your pic.

One of my main goals is to get the body I want before I get tattoos.
    I see you had those two in both pics.
    When you lost weight, did they lose any detail, or change shape at all?

Thanks!
  • kayveebee7
    kayveebee7 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    This has to be one of my favoriate posts today!!!!! Can't wait to post after pics!!
  • amandastephens9003
    amandastephens9003 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    This has to be one of my favoriate posts today!!!!! Can't wait to post after pics!!

Ditto! :bigsmile: Very inspiring.
  • SweetTea111104
    SweetTea111104 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Okay so I am all over this thread! I have the dreaded back fat and would like to see more before and after photos because I feel like mine are worse than anybody that has posted :(. I am going to keep the faith though because I honestly thought I was going to be stuck with my big ol breast in the back and the front forever!
  • tralala99
    tralala99 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Wow, that's dramatic! Congrats!
  • muzichick
    muzichick Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I still have back fat (and will for a while yet) but I've found that shape wear helps me feel more confident in my clothes, as it keeps the skin looking smoother.
  • daw0518
    daw0518 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Way to go, all of you! These pictures & stories are so inspiring! I don't hate my back fat so much right now because it just seems to fit with the rest of my body - but I DO hate that roll beneath my bra in the front. I'm glad someone mentioned that in this thread [& emphasized that it DOES go away] because I've never heard anyone else talk about it before. I can't wait for that stupid bit of fat to go away. I have some cute shirts [peplum tops specifically] that I just can't wear because of that. ONE DAY! I believe now!
  • frolka27
    frolka27 Posts: 9
    Options
    ossom:flowerforyou:
  • Emi1974
    Emi1974 Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Funny.. was looking at the rolls on my back and was thinking I should make a picture tomorrow and now I find this thread.

I will be very very happy when the day comes and I can't feel the skin touching itself between the rolls, especially noticable when I am sweating.

:mad:
  • Tofteberg
    Tofteberg Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    It's weird how people lose fat differently. My back fat is going and I'm starting to see definition around my legs and arms, but the jelly roll around my my abs and butt seem stuck! This thread is a good reminder that it will come off as I keep going. Thanks for all the inspirational picks!
  • tanfit4life
    tanfit4life Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    if you look at my profile pic it speaks for itself- I don't know how to upload to my post-I have back pics in my profile-your back will diffently get more toned-when you lose and workout-good luck
  • EllenTebbits
    EllenTebbits Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    HOLY MOLY!!! Everyone looks terrific. Thank you so much to all the posters for giving us encouragement and showing us it is possible! Serious congratulations are in order to al of you.
  • eslcity
    eslcity Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    i never even thought about taking a back picture... before my diet.. kind of wish I had...^^
  • disneygallagirl
    disneygallagirl Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    love the inspiration from these pics! you guys are awesome! :drinker:
  • moya_rargh
    moya_rargh Posts: 1,473 Member
    Options
    Backprogress.jpg
  • mazmol
    mazmol Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    [img]http://i1365.photobucket.com/albums/r754/fighting4fit_jessica/Mobile Uploads/IMG_20131011_112135_zps46623779.jpg[/img]

Wow you look great.
  • LAPDpoliceNYPD
    LAPDpoliceNYPD Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    OMG this thread makes me happy cos I swear my bat fat ain't moving ;(

Mine was one of the last places to really start seeing a decrease. Shaun T. is really good at helping that back fat, I follow his nutrition guide for Focus T25, on my 2nd round.

This photo really shows how much from day 1 of alpha to the last day of beta did for my back

nyieeo.jpg
    way to go:heart:
  • amanstewa3
    amanstewa3 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    This gives me hope! You all look great!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!