Ways To Lose Weight Besides Diet and Exercise

Options

Replies

• learnerdriver
    learnerdriver Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Gastro. You'll really want someone to end your misery.
  • candiceh3
    candiceh3 Posts: 379
    Options
    Wow, so many of you aren't supportive at all! It was just a question, even if it was a silly one, and there is no reason to respond with things like tapeworms, amputation, or DEATH! That's just so rude and inappropriate. Maybe trying being supportive, not sarcastic.

I think your troll-dar is broken ;)
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Wow, so many of you aren't supportive at all! It was just a question, even if it was a silly one, and there is no reason to respond with things like tapeworms, amputation, or DEATH! That's just so rude and inappropriate. Maybe trying being supportive, not sarcastic.

Exactly what were you expecting? The answers the OPgot, while slightly sarcastic, are actually 100% correct. You lose weight through diet and exercise. Other options are exactly as above.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options

okay but first can you tell me the definition of rude vis a vis denial?
  • xmysterix
    xmysterix Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Weigh yourself on the moon.
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options

I challange you to list one non-idiotic, non-inappropriate, non-sarcastic method for losing weight that doesn't involve diet or exercise.

Go...
  • TheFitnessTutor
    TheFitnessTutor Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Your question is invalid.
  • Daiako
    Daiako Posts: 12,545 Member
    Options

I challange you to list one non-idiotic, non-inappropriate, non-sarcastic method for losing weight that doesn't involve diet or exercise.

Go...

I believe a simple "Sorry OP, but weight loss involves creating a caloric deficit, be it from diet or exercise." would have worked just fine and been neither rude, idiotic, or sarcastic.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Here's a home truth - people looking for silly, extreme quick fix solutions don't listen to politely stated logic that's in their best interests. Some thing are so stupid, they need to be responded to with derision, just so the proponent realises how silly their question/idea is.
  • cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    Options
    He could be laughing with us (one way or another, right?) You never know. I'm sarcastic with my friends, too. The list is fun :D Do one.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,619 Member
    Options
    Amputation?
    This. Or divorce or homicide of a spouse.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Here's a home truth - people looking for silly, extreme quick fix solutions don't listen to politely stated logic that's in their best interests. Some thing are so stupid, they need to be responded to with derision, just so the proponent realises how silly their question/idea is.

QFT. QFA.
  • p4ulmiller
    p4ulmiller Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Maybe trying being supportive, not sarcastic.

Well you started it.
  • fitmusiclifeviola
    Options
    Does VEHEMENTLY arguing that I have the only right way of answering the OP count as exercise? I'm sure I'm half a calorie or two lighter enjoying this post.

By the way, I'm surprised nobody has mentioned smoking. Unless that's considered a diet. Just consider it a lifestyle change, curveball style. And please don't seriously consider this. How you act is so much more important than the scale, or measuring tape around your waist or chest or one eyed snake.

trollalalala

Edit: Also, I note that getting divorced did not lead me to weight loss. Being happily married for 3 years is what did it for me. Go figure.
  • Debbie_Ferr
    Debbie_Ferr Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Trim all your nails as short as possible, at least twice a week.
    Trim off all hangnails, no matter how small .
    Do not wear nail polish.
    Do not put on deodorant.
    Do not put any products on your hair.
    Use a clarifying shampoo to remove all buildup on hair.
    Better yet, shave your head !
    And remove all bodily hair asap.
    Do not put any creams/lotions on your skin, because they will ABSORB into your skin & increase your body weight.
    Pesky hemorroid ? have it removed.
    Remove all blackheads & moles, & other skin abnormalities.
    Exfoliate often.
    Have ear puch piercings (where a portion of your ear lob is removed)

ok, that should get you down a 1/2 a pound or so. every little bit counts!
  • candiceh3
    candiceh3 Posts: 379
    Options

Go...

I believe a simple "Sorry OP, but weight loss involves creating a caloric deficit, be it from diet or exercise." would have worked just fine and been neither rude, idiotic, or sarcastic.

That's so cute. You are new here, right? :D
  • Madame_Goldbricker
    Madame_Goldbricker Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    donate blood and/or semen.

Sorry, both of these replenish themselves and well, any loss would be quite temporary.

continuously donate blood and/or semen

Though the latter might count as exercise.

I would advise using a shake weight so they don't become unbalanced in arm size.
  • BeccaBollons
    BeccaBollons Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    Set your analogue weighing scales so the marker hits a couple of lbs before the zero. Then stand on them and lean as far back as you can. You should be about 3lbs lighter than yesterday.
    Also dehydrate. This not only leads to weight loss but helps with muscle definition.
  • teamAmelia
    teamAmelia Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Get sick.
    If you're pregnant, have the baby.
    Hmmm.
    Someone's already mentioned amputation. Yeahhh, that's all that I got.

Ooh! Cut your hair. That has to account for a few ounces.
  • 294Rich
    294Rich Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Here's a useful suggestion for losing weight, without diet or exercise. It depends on your current lifestyle, however.

Become more active generally. I don't mean exercise as such. I mean, standing up at your desk, instead of sitting for prolonged periods, burns an extra 50 calories per hour. If you have a "desk" job, for example, that would amount in excess of 200 extra calories burned off per day. Over a sustained period, this results in pounds off your body. It's not a quick fix, but it will help, and it doesn't feel like you are trying to diet, or exercise.

Walking more often. More housework. Things like this will increase your general activity levels and improve your health overall (provided that your diet remains the same.)