Smoothie FAILURE

Options

Replies

• mi18agnes
    Options
    Blueberries and bananas
    or
    Pineapple, strawberries and orange juice. (my fav)

Sounds like summer :)
  • SemperAnticus1643
    SemperAnticus1643 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    bump bump bump
  • mi18agnes
    Options
    Thanks. I'm gonna try banana (my fav) :)
  • mi18agnes
    Options
    I always use coconut milk (usually around a cup), a cup of any type of frozen fruit mixture, 1/4 cup low fat vanilla Greek yogurt, and a dash of honey. It's pretty amazing. My fave frozen fruit is mango. So delicious :)

Thanks. I'm gonna try banana (my fav) :)
  • oc1timoco
    oc1timoco Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    1/2 cup pumpkin pie filling/ 6oz. coconut or almond milk/ 1 scoop of vanilla protein powder. Mix in blender and pour. Sprinkle a little cinnamon and nutmeg on top.
  • Blitz_40
    Blitz_40 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    half a banana (sometimes)
    few ounces of unsweetened vanilla almond milk
    container of vanilla greek yogurt, frozen
    2 tbsp of peanut butter
    vanilla protein powder
    I can barely tolerate the banana because I not stand any drink that is fruit flavored. I love peanut butter so this is the only smoothie type thing I can drink.
  • gonnamakeanewaccount
    Options
    I think the apple probably made the texture and taste a little funny. Try making it without the apple next time.
  • erickita89
    erickita89 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    1/2 pear
    1/2 banana
    1 cup kale
    1/2 glass of almond milk
    1 tablesspoon of almond butter
    2 tablespoons brown sugar
    5 ice cubes

Blend and proceed to die in heaven =)
  • DianneP6772
    DianneP6772 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Forget the oatmeal. I love oatmeal and have it every morning, but not in my smoothies.
    This smoothie i have Everyday after exercise.
    3/4 cubes of ice
    1 banana
    1/2cup frozen maine blueberries (Costco)
    3/4 cup red grapes
    1/2 scoop whey protein powder
    Blend
    Blend again
    add more and more ice
    No water, no juice

I like it frosty cool - blended - but still a little icey.

It is the best. Tastes so much like a "bad" treat and so good for you.
    enjoy
  • majope
    majope Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    My favorite smoothie:

1/2 cup yogurt
    1/2 cup orange juice (can use other juice or liquid)
    1/2 banana
    About a cup of frozen fruit (I use berries, usually)

Blend first 3 ingredients, then add in frozen fruit a little at a time until smoothie reaches 2 cup line on blender. Taste and add honey if desired (or make with your favorite vanilla or honey yogurt--or even a fruit yogurt that goes well with your planned smoothie).

Calories will vary with fruit, whether or not you add honey, type of yogurt, etc. but last time I made one it came out at 256 calories for a 16-oz serving (that was with low-fat vanilla yogurt, frozen cherries, and frozen berries).
  • nikhilo
    nikhilo Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Because i like my smoothies to have some "heft" (i.e. I want it to fill me up and keep me feeling full for a while), I add a half cup of rolled oats (not instant) as part of my smoothie base. The first time I did this, the texture wasn't great. I addressed this by soaking them for at least 30 minutes. I often put them in a cup of water and stash in the fridge before heading out for exercise or errands and they're nice and soft by the time I'm back and ready to blend a smoothie. Or if I want a shake first thing in the morning, I soak overnight. The end result is a smooth, filling shake with a consistency I like. It also provides a nice helping of fiber.
  • jenmsu83
    jenmsu83 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I'm lazy. Milk, protein powder, frozen fruit.

Me too. Sometimes I add PB.

Chocolate protein powder, frozen banana, milk (and sometimes PB). Delish!
  • iechick
    iechick Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Today I tried to make my first smoothie for my breakfast. I was so excited, so happy I found a smoothie recipe. "I'm gonna make a smoothie! Woohoo." I screamed.

The recipe that I took from the internet had bananas, apples, oats (to fill up), milk and honey (to sweeten). And you ended it with a touch of cinnamon. When I mixed everything, it even looked good. But when I tasted ...... HORRIBLE. It felt horribly bad and wrong, worse would be IMPOSSIBLE. Fail.

I really wanted to start making smoothies occasionally for breakfast as an alternative to the oats that I always eat like every single freaking day!
    But now I'm kinda getting scared of another failure in the kitchen so I'm asking you for help plz?

Do you guys know any Smoothies recipe for breakfast that is healthy and tastes good?

I have a green smoothie every day and have never ever put oats in one-that's just wrong lol.

My base recipe:

2 cups water
    couple handfuls of kale
    couple handfuls of spinach
    tbsp chia or hemp seed
    1 large banana or 2 smalls
    1/2 cup frozen blueberries
    and then 1 other fruit-right now I'm doing a lot of apples because they're in season and cheap right now (cored but leave the peel on)

I blend it twice and then put it in a large canning jar. It's very filling and I use it as a meal a lot of times (tonight it's my supper).
    Just play around with different fruits and veggies-the possibilities are endless! Just stay away from oats :laugh: :smile:
  • faradaysdream
    faradaysdream Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I try to limit my fruit (sugar) intake so you might think my smoothie is gross too lol...but I like it.

1/2 banana
    3-4 cups of kale/spinach (I have to blend it down a few times to get it all in)
    1/2 cucumber
    1 slice of fresh pineapple
    1 scoop of vanilla protein powder
    blend.

I make this for my kids all the time and they love it:
    bananas
    natural PB
    a splash of vanilla
    milk or yogurt.
    Blend. So good. But I don't think it's as nutritious.
  • butterfli7o
    butterfli7o Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    1/2 cup pumpkin pie filling/ 6oz. coconut or almond milk/ 1 scoop of vanilla protein powder. Mix in blender and pour. Sprinkle a little cinnamon and nutmeg on top.

Omg, I'm SO trying this.
  • bremorrison
    Options
    Question: Have you heard of shakeology? I use chocolate protien in my shakes, but its not what the shakeology protien, is it considered even remotely the same. The shakeology I know helps you lose weight, is my substituted protien that cheaper going to do the same?
  • nephalime
    nephalime Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    i add oats to my smoothies but only about a tablespoon for about 2 cups of smoothie, so you may added to much.

i feel like it adds to the texture, like a banana does
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,721 Member
    Options
    My hubby is the smoothie maker at our house. We found that along with the typical smoothie fruit:

banana, berries, melon, pineapple

more mundane fruit such as

peel and cored apples and pears, seeded apricots with skin and all

work well too. If the result is too sweet add some lemon, lime or cranberry juice. Or low fat yoghurt.
  • manda1978
    manda1978 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I think the apple may have made it gross.

I usually do vanilla protein powder (or milk), 1/2 banana, handful of frozen berries, a few spoons of greek yoghurt and a drizzle of honey. Yum!
  • scottkjar
    scottkjar Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I'm lazy. Milk, protein powder, frozen fruit.

I'm even MORE lazy.

1. Start with GNC Protein Drink.

2. Whaddaya lookin herefor? There is no step 2.