Does myfitnesspal really work?

Options
123457»

Replies

• airdale8263
    airdale8263 Posts: 2,155 Member
    Options
    Yes, because its a tracker. If you follow it, eat right, and exercise, it will work. It will work as well as you let it!

Agree with this!!
  • TheEntertainmentKing
    Options
    Much the same as everyone else on here, yes, it does but only if you are totally honest, record everything you put in your mouth and work hard at it DAILY.
    This is the only thing that has worked for me and has indeed changed my life, loosing 19Kg was unimaginable to me before...
    I use it in conjunction with Fitbit one, which in turn rewards me for exercise too. Recommend it also, well worth the money.
  • j0705
    j0705 Posts: 185
    Options
    yes it definately works! even without exercise , just filling in the diary and tracking your calories and what your putting into your body is a real eye opener .. i thought i didnt need to track my food after a couple of month and stopped losing so ive started logging again and lost 5lb this week. check out my pics if you need to see the difference it can make in just a few months :wink:

p.s. ive tried weight watchers, slimming world and a few others, it was only with combining mfp its worked.
  • FindingAmy77
    FindingAmy77 Posts: 1,266 Member
    Options
    I just started yesterday, I heard this was a lot like weight watchers so I decided to join. I can't afford ww right now. I just wanted some encouraging words.

To tell you the truth: its better than weight watchers because its free, you can go on the boards anytime for free, calories are on everything you eat not points so all you have to do is pay attention to your serving sizes and input what you eat every day>> mfp does the rest for you. I am a huge supporter of weight watchers and in fact I was following both at home when I first started this but in the last three weeks or more I stopped worrying about looking up points and just look at the food labels or online nutrition sites,etc. Calories are listed EVERWHERE!! Even on the mcdonalds menu.lol. It seems so much easier to me to just choose what I am going to eat, weigh it or measure it with my scale or measuring cups or prepackaged portions, etc; then log it into mfp. I have it saved on my computer favs and go on here multiple times throughout the day. IF you have a smartphone then you can do that too. YOu get more food to eat if you do exercise. I don't even worry about points at all now. Just keep at it and pretty soon most things you like to eat will be in your food data base then all you do is point and click then hit enter and then you can go on with your day. This makes counting caloires so much easier than I ever thought it would be. I like the best part of it all: its free.