I got addicted to a donut.

Options
Not just any donut. I never had difficulty with donuts before (they are not up to my standards). But this Donut Plant's coconut cream is like crack to me.

I am looking forward to eating it every day. First thing in the morning.
That thing is HUGE! 500 cal minimum. It is not good for me. And I am eating 3,000-3,500 calories of that donut each and every week now.
cd86649a3aba11e3875a22000aaa0594_8.jpg

It is the square one one the bottom. It is light, east rising, soft donut, with very pleasant, almost air like coconut cream filling it all throughout its square shape. Not too sweet perfect cream is complemented by a sweet glaze. It is always super fresh (they sell out anywhere from 9-11am. And it is on my direct walking route to work. (But don't get me wrong, if it was out of the way, I would walk extra).
It takes all the willpower I have not to eat several at one sitting (I have not stooped that low yet).

I know it is NOT GOOD for me. I am not gaining weight -- I exercise hard. But this is a massive amount of calories with little nutrition. I don't know how to get over it. So far I'm just dealing with the consequences (working out to keep under calorie and eating less the rest of the day). But what about the underlying problem?

What if I buy 10 one day and eat them until I get sick? Will that cause over-saturation and aversion? Would I not like them as much afterwards?

I can't get a hold of myself :o

Replies

• raegrove
    raegrove Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I got addicted to Chai Frappe's early last year! I thought they were fairly low calorie, maybe 200, but I suspect they were much higher! and I would get one almost every day! I gained almost 20 pounds in a short amount of time and I blame the frappe! I had to quit cold turkey! although, the eating the donut until you are sick is probably an awful idea...it might work!
  • ViktoryaC
    ViktoryaC Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Donuts are absolutely why I gained 55 pounds, sad as it is to admit...my number one weakness, and I see them everyday! If getting yourself sick on them doesn't work, then youll have to cut cold turkey or get fat, I suppose. A friend of mine started a Frappe habit at Starbucks last year and went from a size 0 t0 a size 8....and she still drinks them! It's funny the effect just adding one item to your diet can have!
  • majope
    majope Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    You love the doughnut, you're willing to work out to make up for the extra calories, you're not gaining weight. Run the problem by me again?
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    You love the doughnut, you're willing to work out to make up for the extra calories, you're not gaining weight. Run the problem by me again?

I was just going to say the same thing.

You said twice that you think it's "not good for you". Could you be more specific? Are you diabetic? Celiac sufferer? No? Then there's no issue. Make it fit into your calorie goals, enjoy every bite, forget about it and move on. Shazam! Non-problem solved.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    lol
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Meh as long as you can fit it in your calories and it fills you up enough, I'd do it too. It looks delicious.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options

LOL I was thinking the same thing.

If you're really concerned about it (I know, donuts are so good but they are "empty" calories) why not try cutting back to every 2nd day and then every 3rd day etc etc until it becomes a once a week treat?
  • cuinboston2014
    cuinboston2014 Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    I'm going to tell you that I don't typically dive at donuts - but I saw this picture and I think I smelled a donut coming from my computer.

Maybe it has to do with my sweet cravings today but jeez I want to jump through the screen and devour ten of them....

With only plans to work off one as I would end up throwing up from all the junk......

But it could be worth it LOL
  • bethanytowell
    bethanytowell Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Not just any donut. I never had difficulty with donuts before (they are not up to my standards). But this Donut Plant's coconut cream is like crack to me.

I am looking forward to eating it every day. First thing in the morning.
    That thing is HUGE! 500 cal minimum. It is not good for me. And I am eating 3,000-3,500 calories of that donut each and every week now.
    cd86649a3aba11e3875a22000aaa0594_8.jpg

It is the square one one the bottom. It is light, east rising, soft donut, with very pleasant, almost air like coconut cream filling it all throughout its square shape. Not too sweet perfect cream is complemented by a sweet glaze. It is always super fresh (they sell out anywhere from 9-11am. And it is on my direct walking route to work. (But don't get me wrong, if it was out of the way, I would walk extra).
    It takes all the willpower I have not to eat several at one sitting (I have not stooped that low yet).

I know it is NOT GOOD for me. I am not gaining weight -- I exercise hard. But this is a massive amount of calories with little nutrition. I don't know how to get over it. So far I'm just dealing with the consequences (working out to keep under calorie and eating less the rest of the day). But what about the underlying problem?

What if I buy 10 one day and eat them until I get sick? Will that cause over-saturation and aversion? Would I not like them as much afterwards?

I can't get a hold of myself :o

Who doesnt love a delish donut? The only way i could stop craving them was to stop eating them. I did the whole eat 5 donuts in 1 sitting several months ago and havent had one since then....whew! But that picture sure is making me rethink that decision!
  • raegrove
    raegrove Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    And sadly my new addiction is mocha frappe's from McDonalds...damn frappe's! Before finding your post I was actually thinking about buying a large one (670 calories!!!) on my way home, enjoying it, and then never again! a friend of mine suggested using it as a treat for when I lose a certain amount, but I truly think I just need to stay away from those completely! I will never give up sweets, but nothing about that (even a small with no whip cream or chocolate drizzle is 370 calories) is a small treat! Should I go for it?
  • Bankman1989
    Bankman1989 Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    I am a DONUT HOAR!!!

So I can't look at this page too long...

Want me to do something for you? Bring me a DONUT!

Imma a dirty, dirty, dirty donut trollup..lol

But I have given them up...and I miss them..
  • ladyred316
    Options
    For me, I know it might be weird. Do you remember that commercial, where the person that ate a lot of donuts, was wearing a huge donut prop around them? And the lady that ate honey buns, had huge prop ones on her buns? Anytime I eat potato chips, ice cream, donuts, or anything that makes you fat I picture that commercial, and imagine for instance a bag of potato chips stuck tp the front of my shirt. Weird I know. But it helps me to avoid fatty foods. Remember, a moment on the lips, a lifetime on the hips.
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    I'm dealing with the same thing, but for me, it's a Tim Horton's vanilla iced capp w/ whipped cream and vanilla drizzle. I can't spare 400 calories every day for it...not to mention, I started having a cookie or muffin with it. That's like a million calories. So, I had to stop. I'll have one once in a while eventually, but I feel better going cold turkey for now. I'm going back to making my own at home for 155 calories a pop. That's much easier to work into my day.
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    I love coconut stuff. I wish I could have one. Unfortunately......I don't live in NYC. :sad:
  • BioMechHeretic
    BioMechHeretic Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Anyone not from NY doesn't realize just how incredible Doughnut Plant NYC is. It's sex in your mouth.

I just make it an every once in awhile thing. That's all it is, willpower. I enjoy looking better than I do the 5 minutes of enjoyment I get eating those doughnuts each time.
  • NYCNika
    NYCNika Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    What my problem is?

I'm still thinking about it. About how it tastes. About how soon can I have the next one.
    I keep thinking about it all day. That's my problem. Eating one (and it is a big one!) everyday does not even satisfy me. I want MORE! I'm dreaming of more.

I am weak and sleepy, facing a whole day of work, and I don't want to walk past a bright delicious pick me up with aromatic coffee.

It is replacing other, more nutritious foods in my diet.
    And it is right there as I leave the train. Oh, you should see the line to that coffee shop in the morning. I'm not the only one.
  • klovold1983
    klovold1983 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I was addicted to Cheetos. A-****-ted. I could eat a small bag every hour, and eat a large bag every two days or so. I ate an entire large bag of them in three hours. Broke that addiction quick! Now they gross me out. I say go for it.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Now I'm very sad I didn't check it out when I was in NYC 10 days ago.
  • mellyish
    mellyish Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    And this is why I bake my own healthy donuts, still just as tasty or tastier.
  • stlbluefansarah
    stlbluefansarah Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Well, I think the only solution is for you to move away from them... like Nebraska or something.