Do your old pictures disgust you!?

Options
So I am looking through my pictures I took Jan 2012, October 2012, April 2013, and then again last night. I put them all side by side. I agree that I have come along way, but when I see the pictures from Jan 2012 I am disgusted by myself. Anyone else feel the same way.

Don't get me wrong I am so happy at my accomplishments and I have lots further to go, but it really makes me sick!! :(

Replies

• kowajenn
    kowajenn Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I don't feel that way. I look terrible in my old pics, but I also felt terrible and it's important to see those reminders to see how you no longer want to be. I didn't hate myself when I was fat, but I was unhappy for a variety of reasons and unhealthy because of the extra weight.
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    They used to, now they motivate me. I keep an old photo posted where I can see it while I workout, whenever I see it, I work harder.
  • Happymelz
    Happymelz Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately NO. My old pictures are my skinny pictures.
  • krisconti
    Options
    1000 % !!

I never realised how big I was until I started losing weight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so embarrased.
  • suzyfj8
    suzyfj8 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Oh definitely YES!
  • scruffykaz
    scruffykaz Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    No. That was who I was then and this is who I am now, although I still have a long way to go!

I look back at those photos and wonder if I ever really was that big!!
  • chelseascounter
    chelseascounter Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    My pictures from fall '12 to spring '13 YES I am disgusted.
  • KellySue67
    KellySue67 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure I would say that they disgust me, but they make me feel sad that I didn't decide to do something about losing all of that weight before now. I feel like I have wasted a lot of time being unhealthy when I could have been doing so much more.
  • AmykinsCatfood
    AmykinsCatfood Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Photos from last Christmas shamed me into starting this.
  • lucystacy71
    lucystacy71 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Not really. Although I've lost, I still only see 'fat' when I look at myself.
  • Broderick50
    Broderick50 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    They do infact a picture is what started me on my journey. I had always been one of the biggest in the family I saw a picture of the family and was like is that Travis (my cousin who is bigger than me) and they were like no that's you. To this day I have no idea where that picture is.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    They don't disgust me now, even the very worst ones. Because I know that I've changed for the better. At the time though, they shocked and horrified me. I NEVER felt "that fat" even at my all-time highest weight of 307. I have always felt energetic and have always genuinely liked myself, even liked my looks fairly well. But due to viewing myself only in certain mirrors and flattering above-the-neck photos, I really was not in touch with the way my body truly looked and that was a harsh reality at the time. Now, I don't mind the photos though!
  • ilovescarymovies
    ilovescarymovies Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Yes but they are good motivation now!
  • quiltlovinlisa
    quiltlovinlisa Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    I was my heaviest after the birth of my oldest daughter at 266 and yes, it is HARD to look at pictures from that time.
  • alisonlynn1976
    alisonlynn1976 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    I think "disgust" is too strong of a word, but on my various online profiles, I have deleted my old "fat" pictures and added new ones!
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    my old pictures make me sad, but I am happy with how I have progressed and that far outweighs the sadness for what I did to myself.
  • SailorKnightWing
    SailorKnightWing Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    Nope. I was a worthwhile human being when I was overweight, and I'm still a worthwhile person, just one who takes up less space in the world.
  • staystrong_314159
    staystrong_314159 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I feel absolutely disgusted by my old pics, but they also make me a little happier because I know how much I've done.
  • TheGymGypsy
    TheGymGypsy Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    My current pictures still disgust me. I have always been over critical of pictures of myself. :( But yes, my old pictures make me shudder in fear.
  • WaKay
    WaKay Posts: 314
    Options
    Not really. Although I've lost, I still only see 'fat' when I look at myself.

i am the same way. I don't look different to me, but i do feel better and my clothes are much smaller :)