Do your old pictures disgust you!?

Options

Replies

• cursiny
    cursiny Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    I have always hated pictures of me. Even now. I am only about half way to my final destination of health. Maybe then I will like looking at myself :)
  • SpecialSundae
    SpecialSundae Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    I'm actually a lot more accepting of my old pictures now. I hated myself because my photos never matched up to my self-image and now I see the good side as well as the flaws, even though my photos finally match my self-image.
  • ktcomplicated
    ktcomplicated Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Not at all. It's a part of my history, you know? And I'm not down with being ashamed of any part of my past that's made me who I am. For me it's mostly really strange, because I can't remember what it was like, even though I lived it for so long.
  • MistyMtnMan
    MistyMtnMan Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    I just can't believed I looked like that at one point. I'm even more shocked at the progress I've made since then. It's awesome to see hard work pay off!
  • teamAmelia
    teamAmelia Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Nope. I don't self-hate. :flowerforyou:
  • mmckee10
    mmckee10 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    My old pictures are my thin pictures. I don't hate them.. I use them as motivation.
  • BigCed77024
    BigCed77024 Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    It is SOOOOO important to love yourself NO MATTER WHAT! I have to admit I have never really been extremely over weight and wouldn't know how that would feel. HOWEVER, if you don't love you how can anyone else? Weight should never be a reason to think you are ugly. I know a lot of beautiful on the outside, ugly on the inside folks. Take pride in who you are as a person.
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    My old writing disgusts me. I adore my old pictures. This is why I keep a sketchbook and and an image directory on my computer, and do not keep a journal.
  • tristaj90
    tristaj90 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I am not disgusted by my beginning pics. I had always been an overweight child and once I had my son in November 2011 and got to March 2012 and I had still gained after having a baby, I was upset. I look at that picture and it reminds me of a "dark" time in my life. A reflection of myself and how I no longer want to look. I still "feel" that fat. I weighed 234 pounds then. I now weigh 143 and feel amazing, but that fat girl is still inside of me. If I look at those pictures I can remember that on the outside I don't have to be that big. I can keep myself away from that. It keeps me MOTIVATED to keep working. I was very depressed and very paranoid that i was going to fall over and die when I was big. I worried about heart attacks and blood clots. I still have some worry, but I know now I'm healthy. I've got a healthy BMI, healthy waist size, normal cholesterol, normal blood pressure, etc.

Sorry for that long response but I wanted to paint a picture as to why my old pictures will never make me feel disgusted.
  • Firemansam79
    Firemansam79 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Not me, they remind me of how easy it is to slip into bad eating habits, gain weight and how much work and dedication it is to lose.
  • goalss4nika
    goalss4nika Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Yea, they disgust me, BUT I use it for motivation. I never want to go back to being the roller coaster rider who needed two attendants pushing on the bars to secure me in.
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    I'm not disgusted, but I do have troubles in identifying my own face. I'm aware it's me in the photos, but it's not ME. But then again, I still get that sometimes when I look in a mirror. I guess only time will help me figure out which image is more representative of my true self, eh?
  • Salty_Sauce
    Salty_Sauce Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    I cringe when I see how bad I was before. I'm still not where I want to be and still hate to be photo'd. But, the really bad ones are good motivation
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    At first I had a hard time with coming to terms with it and I actually hurt my husband's feelings by some of the things I said (he wouldn't stand for someone else saying things like that about me and it didn't make it any better that I was insulting myself). But since he brought that to my attention, I've tried to gain a different persepective. It's not so much how I look that disgusts me but the fact that I let myself get to that point and was completely in denial about it. In a way I think that's healthy because it's a reminder to keep myself in check.
  • Naomi0504
    Naomi0504 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Yes, I hate them. I won't even put a before/after pic up from 30 lbs ago until now.
  • NoeHead
    NoeHead Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    I don't know about disgusted, but more so sad. Sad I chose food instead of finding another outlet of stress, loneliness and axiety. I feel I missed out on a lot.

i'm pretty sure pics of me disgusted others though lol
  • EddieHaskell97
    EddieHaskell97 Posts: 2,227 Member
    Options
    Disgust is a bit strong... No, I don't like them, but they serve as a part of the journey. They're me as I was, and life was still good then. It's just better, now.
  • Target126
    Target126 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I hate every photo of me from the age of about 17 to 31. There are some pics my mum took of me in June/July 2011 playing in the sea with my stepson and I look disgusting, the pic that is my current profile pic I quite like (and actually asked for it to be taken) but I can see that I need to lose weight
  • CarynMacD
    CarynMacD Posts: 230
    Options
    My CURRENT photos disgust me. Eeewww
  • Salty_Sauce
    Salty_Sauce Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Yes, I hate them. I won't even put a before/after pic up from 30 lbs ago until now.

You did real good ;-)