what did you give up to help lose weight

Options
Broderick50
Broderick50 Posts: 851 Member
When most of finaly said ok enough is enough it's time to lose weight there was somehting that we deemed to bad for us and decided to give it up. I know for me it was a few things but mainly grease. I'm proud to say that in the last 8 weeks I've only had 3 things with grease in them all in the same meal and it made me sick. What did you give up to help you lose weight.

Replies

• heylookitsval
    heylookitsval Posts: 1,141 Member
    Options
    Pop.

Haven't had it in over 6 months.
  • links_slayer
    links_slayer Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    only thing i really gave up was huge portions.
  • LoosingMyLast15
    LoosingMyLast15 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    eating double or triple portion sizes. other than that nothing.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    I gave up...

-Fried Foods
    -Laziness
    -Late Night Snacking
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    Potato chips
  • MG_Fit
    MG_Fit Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Nothing.
  • marypatmccue
    marypatmccue Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Nothing. IIFYM it's no issue for me :)
  • Triciad811
    Triciad811 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    only think i really gave up was huge portions.

This !! Everything is still allowed as long as it fits into the daily allowance of calories :) Portion control and moderation....
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Nothing. No food is inherently bad for you without dosage and context taken into consideration.

I suppose I "gave up" the extra calories I was consuming that made me fat. But that's it.
  • KatiCoufal
    KatiCoufal Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Laziness
  • Escape_Artist
    Escape_Artist Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    Nothing. No food is inherently bad for you without dosage and context taken into consideration.

I suppose I "gave up" the extra calories I was consuming that made me fat. But that's it.

^^ this exactly!
  • melsy21
    melsy21 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Huge portions... But honestly? I had to (and it's a daily struggle) give up on sweets like candy, desserts, baked items... No off button with those
  • tsikkz
    tsikkz Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I have a balanced flexible diet so there is nothing out of bounds for me

I did however, pretty much completely stop eating rice and pasta, and I used to eat it for dinner every night.
  • Iceberg_Simpson
    Iceberg_Simpson Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    My virginity.

Just kidding. I gave that up for a bacon cheeseburger.
  • susieoj
    susieoj Posts: 181
    Options
    Didn't give anything up, just stopped allowing myself to eat without control over portions. Also, stopped buying big boxes of Oreos ect....for instance because I know I'll end up mowing down the whole thing - If I want em, I get a snack size pack and work it into my daily macros.
  • Julzanne72
    Julzanne72 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Gave up making excused.....food wise, gave up nothing, just make sure that I am eating, creating a deficit, and staying w/in my Macros!
  • simplycorey
    simplycorey Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    I just don't eat food in abundance anymore. Portion control is my friend. I still eat sweets and other junk daily and have full blown cheat days on a regular basis. I wouldn't be able to do it any other way.
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    I gave up my desire for control. I needed to feel in control of everything before, and now I learn how to pick and choose my battles. It's made my entire life that much more tolerable. =)
  • Saucy_lil_Minx
    Saucy_lil_Minx Posts: 3,302 Member
    Options
    Soda (Which honestly i still have one now and then), the rest was accomplished by learn to moderate my choices. Realizing I can have my cake, and eat it too (as long as it isn't daily, and I am not eating it, and ice cream, and soda, and biscuits and gravy all in one day). Moderation, and moving my ARSS daily!
  • LeighRaeW
    LeighRaeW Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I've given up take-out (before about twice a month), anything fried or oily, meat (I still eat fish), but mostly I've given up my excuses and my 'one won't hurt... well maybe one more' mentality.