Tea?! YUCK!

Options

Replies

• _Danno_
    _Danno_ Posts: 165
    Options
    A nice mug Yorkshire tea with a dash of semi skimmed milk and half a packet of biscuits to dunk is how I roll

Although I've now banned myself from the biscuits ????
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    I LOVE tea, but only real herbal tea. I LOATHE flavor-added teas.
    Maybe you would like rooibos (african herb).
    Tea is used as a general term, but technically only applies to the leaves of the camellia plant, camellia sinensis.
    Black tea, green tea, wulong, white tea....all come from that same plant, just prepared differently. They also have different types of properties, including different variations of the caffeine chemical....that's why green tea has a nice cerebral effect, and black feels more nervous (to me).
    Check out this site for amazing assortment http://camellia-sinensis.com/en/tea/green
    Maybe you would like matcha green tea? http://camellia-sinensis.com/en/tea/green/matcha-asahi

Or maybe you should stick with the herbal teas.

Try sweetening with stevia and adding some milk.
  • robinmmurphy3
    robinmmurphy3 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Since you don't like the taste of liquid tea....what about green tea capsules?? Maybe they could take the place!
  • dimitriaaa
    Options
    I was against tea for a very long time. And I'm still trying tea and seeing what I like. I particularly like peppermint tea and chai tea. Theres a million teas that exist: just keep trying them.

I also like to sweeten my tea with stevia (or sugar) and milk. But you can try lemon, honey, milk alternatives, or nothing at all.

Good luck!
  • Dunsirn
    Dunsirn Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Tea is a hipster thing???

Where I'm from a cup of tea is the basis of all decent civilisation, and if I see some scruffy bespeckled ruffian with tattoos and a scraggly beard then I call the constabulary, because I've clearly apprehended a deserter from Her Britannic Majesties Royal Navy.
  • jadethief
    jadethief Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Also around Christmas time, Celestial Seasonings puts out their holiday flavors. The Nutcracker Sweet is delicious! It has a vanilla hazelnut flavor. The Candy Cane Lane is a herbal one with a very light peppermint flavor with a hint of citrus. Both are terrific. You can order the Celestial Seasoning holiday teas year round on their website.

I'm waiting on the Gingerbread tea to come back. The Nutcracker Sweet sounds good, though. I'll have to give that a try!
  • MinMin97
    Options
    Since you don't like the taste of liquid tea....what about green tea capsules?? Maybe they could take the place!
    Exactly, why didn't I think of that?
  • krystina_letitia9
    krystina_letitia9 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    There are SO many flavors out there! Also - honey, lemon, sweetener of some kind! I prefer my tea as is but sometimes add in a squirt of honey.
  • seilidhe
    seilidhe Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    Much prefer tea over coffee. My current favorite is Earl Grey Lavender with a shot of sugar-free vanilla, and a few shakes of ground cinnamon and nutmeg. Quite sweet, but I love it. And only a bare minimum number of calories from the spices.

I also like the cinnamony spice teas and orangey spice teas. And chai lattes. Plus I'll drink unsweetened ice tea instead of soda or alcohol when I go out.
  • walkdmc
    walkdmc Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I used to hate it until I went on a restrictive diet and found hot tea filling (enough). I also branched out and tried flavored black, green and white teas from Harney and Sons and David's Tea. Now, I need and look forward to my afternoon tea.
  • Hildy_J
    Hildy_J Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    Tea is a hipster thing???

Where I'm from a cup of tea is the basis of all decent civilisation, and if I see some scruffy bespeckled ruffian with tattoos and a scraggly beard then I call the constabulary, because I've clearly apprehended a deserter from Her Britannic Majesties Royal Navy.

:laugh: I like the cut of your jib, young fella me lad.
  • ZeldaMarooner7
    Options
    My mom got off of Diet Coke, and switched to tea. She always liked tea, but most of the time, they were too sweet. She would add water to them to make them less sweet.

So you could water them down, or add sugar. I hate tea myself, I have been forced to drink it, but I threw up after wards. So adding some sugar may help. Also a lot of Japanese teas may taste nice. I've had some, they weren't too bad. :)
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    You don't have to drink tea if you don't like it, but it's definitely an acquired taste. I would never choose to drink black, but green tea has really grown on me, especially the flavored ones. Some herbal teas are really good, too. There's just something soothing about a cup of green, white or herbal tea in the evening. Try a pomegranate or blueberry white tea. It's very mild. Tension Tamer by Celestial Seasonings is one my favorites. It's an herbal tea with a nice gingery flavor, and it's very relaxing.

Once you get into teas, you'll probably become a bit obsessed with the variety. I think I have six or seven in the cupboard right now.
  • slim4health56
    slim4health56 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I'm guessing you want to drink green tea for the antioxidants? I love tea, so this might just be me, but green tea is too mild for my taste buds, so I make a blended iced tea: half black and half green REALLY strong. Add ice and maybe a little lime or mint and it's very refreshing.
  • MsPudding
    MsPudding Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Tea a Hipster thing?? Not liking tea????

Good lord, we've invaded countries for less!

Tea is the very cornerstone of civilisation. Tea is the glue that binds society. Tea is the balm for all life's woes. Tea is life.
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    You don't have to drink tea lol drink your coffee it is fine too
  • Hildy_J
    Hildy_J Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options

Tea is the very cornerstone of civilisation. Tea is the glue that binds society. Tea is the balm for all life's woes. Tea is life.

Love it. As I read your post... the Dambusters theme started playing in my head. :bigsmile:
  • MinMin97
    Options

Heehee. I have to agree:)
  • lua_
    lua_ Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    It seems like tea has made it's way into the modern, hipster world.

Quite the opposite - tea is one of the foundations of civilisation. The British Empire was built on it.

The ultimate drink with which to solve a domestic crisis. Milk, no sugar, ta. x

The British Empire was mostly founded on sugar, actually. However tea should be respected! :drinker:
  • Sweatinglikeapigtolooklikeafox
    Options
    LOVE TEA!

Then again I am a Brit :wink: