What is your silly MFP pet peeve?

Replies

• Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    This. Sometimes I've read something that you (general) posted and want to become friends or maybe you're friends with some of my friends. I shouldn't have to explain in full detail why I want to be friends. It's stupid.

Sure, but who sends a random FR from the app? Usually FRs from strangers come because they saw you on the forums and the forums can't be accessed from the app.

Ppl who make a big deal out of FR. It's not like a FR means that the person wants to exchange numbers. It's just a FR. And, you can find ppl one of maybe three ways on this site: the forum, a mutual friend's wall, or a blog. Why do you care how they found you????

That leads to my other pet peeve: ppl who put a million restrictions on their FR. The worst are the ppl who give the reasons that they'll delete others. Dude, are you on a power trip? It's not that serious. It's just a site.

Agreed... They think they're special snowflakes.

I mean you don't have to take the time to type a few words along the lines of "Saw what you said in BLAH thread and thought it was awesome', and I don't have to take the time to do anything except 'decline'. That's cool.

It's not like I'm missing out by not accepting a friend request from someone who can't put forth the effort to type a sentence...it's just a website after all.
  • ZoeLifts
    ZoeLifts Posts: 10,347 Member
    What's going on in here? I saw that Jof posted and needed to check it out.....
  • Clameater
    Clameater Posts: 317
    people that don't send me their nude pictures when I ask nicely
  • teamAmelia
    teamAmelia Posts: 1,247 Member
    I sometimes wonder if people that get upset at lack of pictures (especially face ones) are potential real life stalkers or searching for free fantasy *kitten* material :laugh:
    I wonder, too.
    What's going on in here? I saw that Jof posted and needed to check it out.....

:laugh:

I can now see how the ellipses can be annoying. :wink:
  • mister_universe
    mister_universe Posts: 6,664 Member
    clameater
  • slim4health56
    slim4health56 Posts: 439 Member
    I kinda hate the ongoing Clean Vs. Dirty war that pops up in the forums all the time. I'm always like, cant we all just get along???:smile:

Well, at least fight clean.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Regarding the BUMP, I think that it's okay if you want your post to be moved to the top again so that you can get a response, but when you're just doing it so that you can see it later, that's just...Why don't you just use the bookmark feature on yourrr computer? I have a folder with all MFP threads (mainly recipes) that I want to look at later. I just drag the tab there. Much quicker than typing a reply with "BUMP" in it.
    Some people own and/or use more than one device to read the forums. It also brings that thread to the attention of any of their friends.
  • Dunkirk
    Dunkirk Posts: 465 Member
    people who log cleaning and mowing the lawn as exercise
    [/quote

You don't know my lawn.
  • wild_wild_life
    wild_wild_life Posts: 1,334 Member
    When you spend a lot of time trying to help someone out with their TDEE or plan or whatnot and they don't say thank you. I'm always surprised by the number of people who never bother to come back and say thanks when people have really tried to help them out. Gratitude is a lost art.
  • metaphoria
    metaphoria Posts: 1,432 Member
    The phrase "food baby." :huh:
    There is either food in your stomach or a baby in your uterus.

Or you're a cannibal.
  • Kotuliak
    Kotuliak Posts: 259 Member
    People who don't log daily and people who never eat vegetables! How do they poop!?
    I'm with you - no loggin' no poopin'
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    People that don't have a picture up, and people that can't spell, I will not spend time reading their posts nor responding to them. It drives me absolutely freaking crazy.

Why does everyone need a picture of themselves on a chat forum about fitness and weight loss?

It's old fashioned, but I like to see with whom I'm corresponding/talking.

Why are people so afraid to put a picture of themselves up? Presumably people see them walking around in the world? Or do they hold a comedy picture of a cat over their face out and about too?
  • Joehenny
    Joehenny Posts: 1,222 Member
    People with ED getting encouraged to continue destructive behaviors.
  • jimmmer
    People with ED getting encouraged to continue destructive behaviors.

Call me naive, but does this actually happen? Presumably, not in open forums, or else the mods would be all over it...
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,228 Member
    People that don't have a picture up, and people that can't spell, I will not spend time reading their posts nor responding to them. It drives me absolutely freaking crazy.

Why does everyone need a picture of themselves on a chat forum about fitness and weight loss?

It's old fashioned, but I like to see with whom I'm corresponding/talking.

Why are people so afraid to put a picture of themselves up? Presumably people see them walking around in the world? Or do they hold a comedy picture of a cat over their face out and about too?

I am not afraid to put a pic of myself up, what a silly conclusion. I just choose not to.

All other forums I have been on, most posters have an avatar which isn't a photo of themself.

Of course they don't walk around with a cat picture on their head IRL, what a silly thing to say.
    This is an Internet forum, you know, not real life, and people can choose what to have as their avatars, it doesn't have to be something that suits you.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    People that start threads complaining about MFP. Go somewhere else if you aren't happy. I think this is the best site ever.
  • jimmmer
    All other forums I have been on, most posters have an avatar which isn't a photo of themself.

Of course they don't walk around with a cat picture on their head IRL, what a silly thing to say.
    This is an Internet forum, you know, not real life, and people can choose what to have as their avatars, it doesn't have to be something that suits you.

Well, you've hit on something that's a problem with the internet: the anonymity. Often gives people a licence act in a way they wouldn't in real life. But that's another discussion for another thread.
  • bingefreeaubree
    bingefreeaubree Posts: 220 Member
    Did anyone mention 1200 calories yet ?
    QFT :-D

The fact that so many people are too stubborn to realize 1200 is not a magic number; it does not work for everybody.
    And the fact that there are people who eat 1200 and refuse to eat back their exercise calories when they've burned over 1000 calories that day.
    Basically people who starve themselves. I've been there and it's not fun and it's irritating to see others there not willing to change.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Not enough junk pics Pmed to me.

:laugh: I'll send you all of mine then.
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Regarding the BUMP, I think that it's okay if you want your post to be moved to the top again so that you can get a response, but when you're just doing it so that you can see it later, that's just...Why don't you just use the bookmark feature on yourrr computer? I have a folder with all MFP threads (mainly recipes) that I want to look at later. I just drag the tab there. Much quicker than typing a reply with "BUMP" in it.

My friends rely on me to find and bring to their attention the best of the MFP forum threads...

...it's one of the many benefits of being on my FL...

...so your bookmark approach won't work for me.

What a great service!! Can I be on your friends list?

oh! and 1) I saw your post in the forum, 2) We have some of the same friends 3) you make me laugh

Is that enough reasons?