What is your silly MFP pet peeve?

Options

Replies

• slim4health56
    slim4health56 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    You don't know what you're talking about. You're WRONG!

I eat avocado every day.
  • anro86
    anro86 Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    I kinda hate the ongoing Clean Vs. Dirty war that pops up in the forums all the time. I'm always like, cant we all just get along???:smile:
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    The "I eat ice cream every day" group. Boring and old.
    Yeah. The constant promotion of the idea that nobody can be successful or healthy unless they give up all yummy foods should be ignored, even though it's totally false. Who cares how many people needlessly fail because they thought they had to choose between 'clean eating' and dying of cancer next year?
  • Itskaleena
    Itskaleena Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    if they are on the app not the site then they can't view your profile. Mine says send message but I use the app way more
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options

Successful & satisfied? Yeah.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Who cares?

I eat avocado every day.
    Suck it up.

I eat avocado every day.
    Broscience, man.

I eat avocado EVERY day!

I eat avocado every day.

Everything okay?

ETA: I'd like to add "thread flooders" to my list.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    7) people who use any excuse to display their latest pics or videos of lifts shamelessly trying to draw attention away from the subject and on them.
    openpike_zps53721435.gif

Does this count, or does it have to be a lift?
  • KeepGoingKylene
    KeepGoingKylene Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    people who log cleaning and mowing the lawn as exercise
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

Rude people who call me boring....old I will accept.
  • slim4health56
    slim4health56 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Who cares?

I eat avocado every day.
    Suck it up.

I eat avocado every day.
    Broscience, man.

I eat avocado EVERY day!

I eat avocado every day.

Everything okay?

ETA: I'd like to add "thread flooders" to my list.

Oh, absolutely fine here! I was bump* and wanted to bump* but then the thread turned kinda' bump* so I decided to bump*.

*(see below)
    Bump means whatever the poster wants it to mean.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    When people quote but I can't figure out what their message has to do with the text quoted.
    Yep - I always do it wrong - thanks for the reminder :drinker:
    Wait. Isn't that what we're supposed to do?
    people who quote and write on top of the quote boxes:angry:
    You b@stards!

tumblr_mtrffpZghz1sj3oxho1_400.gif
    :angry:
  • _TastySnoBalls_
    _TastySnoBalls_ Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    This. Sometimes I've read something that you (general) posted and want to become friends or maybe you're friends with some of my friends. I shouldn't have to explain in full detail why I want to be friends. It's stupid.

Sure, but who sends a random FR from the app? Usually FRs from strangers come because they saw you on the forums and the forums can't be accessed from the app.

Ppl who make a big deal out of FR. It's not like a FR means that the person wants to exchange numbers. It's just a FR. And, you can find ppl one of maybe three ways on this site: the forum, a mutual friend's wall, or a blog. Why do you care how they found you????

That leads to my other pet peeve: ppl who put a million restrictions on their FR. The worst are the ppl who give the reasons that they'll delete others. Dude, are you on a power trip? It's not that serious. It's just a site.

Agreed... They think they're special snowflakes.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    This. Sometimes I've read something that you (general) posted and want to become friends or maybe you're friends with some of my friends. I shouldn't have to explain in full detail why I want to be friends. It's stupid.

Sure, but who sends a random FR from the app? Usually FRs from strangers come because they saw you on the forums and the forums can't be accessed from the app.

Ppl who make a big deal out of FR. It's not like a FR means that the person wants to exchange numbers. It's just a FR. And, you can find ppl one of maybe three ways on this site: the forum, a mutual friend's wall, or a blog. Why do you care how they found you????

That leads to my other pet peeve: ppl who put a million restrictions on their FR. The worst are the ppl who give the reasons that they'll delete others. Dude, are you on a power trip? It's not that serious. It's just a site.

Agreed... They think they're special snowflakes.

Think?

:huh:
  • bellesouth18
    bellesouth18 Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    Friend collectors who add you and then you don't hear another word from them. If they haven't commented in a week, I cut them loose.
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    That irks me too.

...when people don't use the quote function to reply to someone and so you have no clue who they are talking to.

anknic.jpg
  • happydreamy
    happydreamy Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I'm not a person to be easily irritated or lose patience, but...

I really don't like it when someone's looking for the imaginary "quick fix" (like losing 10 pounds in a week) and someone replies with something snappy like "You should have started six months ago". There's really no reason to be rude, and they obviously didn't, so why are you even posting. Gah.
  • teamAmelia
    teamAmelia Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Regarding the BUMP, I think that it's okay if you want your post to be moved to the top again so that you can get a response, but when you're just doing it so that you can see it later, that's just...Why don't you just use the bookmark feature on yourrr computer? I have a folder with all MFP threads (mainly recipes) that I want to look at later. I just drag the tab there. Much quicker than typing a reply with "BUMP" in it.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,082 Member
    Options
    People that don't have a picture up, and people that can't spell, I will not spend time reading their posts nor responding to them. It drives me absolutely freaking crazy.

Why does everyone need a picture of themselves on a chat forum about fitness and weight loss?

Its not an internet dating site.

My peeve is posters complaining about other people's spelling - such a self righteous judgey attitude.
    If you know what they are saying and you have something to add, why should you not respond because they have mispelt a word. that's just childish and petty.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    People that don't have a picture up, and people that can't spell, I will not spend time reading their posts nor responding to them. It drives me absolutely freaking crazy.

Why does everyone need a picture of themselves on a chat forum about fitness and weight loss?

Its not an internet dating site.

My peeve is posters complaining about other people's spelling - such a self righteous judgey attitude.
    If you know what they are saying and you have something to add, why should you not respond because they have mispelt a word. that's just childish and petty.

I sometimes wonder if people that get upset at lack of pictures (especially face ones) are potential real life stalkers or searching for free fantasy *kitten* material :laugh: