WHAT BROUGHT YOU TO MFP??

Options

Replies

• Becky_Smith72
    Becky_Smith72 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Needing the socialization of those wanting to be healthy. I had already lost weight, but I needed motivation and support for furthering my goals.. In addition, I've been a personal trainer almost 10 years, but haven't trained regularly in about 4 years and I was missing the ability to motivate others..
  • paulperryman
    paulperryman Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    cant really remember i think i was either googling for an online Exercise/Food calculator type site or it might have been add through my gym's webiste, i know for sure the gym advertisements are plastered over this one (GoodLife Gyms).
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    My sister recruited me for support. I liked it so I decided to lose a few extra pounds I didn't need and then stayed on for maintenance because it's easy and it works! :drinker:

(edited for typo)
  • dezb64
    dezb64 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    My husband told me about it after I became very frustrated trying to keep track of everything. I makes taking care of yourself a lot easier. I track everything!
  • jujaws
    jujaws Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    My mom after I finally stopped at the 15 pound weight gain. :P She's a freak when it comes to diets, but I love her!
  • 1_Slick_Chick
    1_Slick_Chick Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Originally I came strictly to log food and exercise...then I discovered the social aspect. MfP is so much better with both!

Same :happy:

I met my amazing boyfriend through MFP and have also had the opportunity to meet some amazing friends from here!

Amazing boyfriend? What why can't I find one?! :sad:
  • Rockstar_JILL
    Rockstar_JILL Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I am here for the motivation...I need others to keep me motivated and keep me going. I love seeing others' workouts and how hard they word. That keeps me motivated and I like being accountable to others.
  • CanadaLiz
    CanadaLiz Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Came for weight loss - and an easy tracker for food/exercise. I don't get too involved in the message boards but sometimes take a look around.

Love to flirt - open to suggestions to get the last 10 off and then start into more toning/muscle definition. I work shifts so it's next to impossible to find the motivation to get moving after a shift - HOWEVER - Just finished a 13 hour shift and did a 35 minute run.....so sometimes "the first step is the hardest"
  • Ralthor125
    Ralthor125 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I came here for the same reason most did, to lose weight, but mine was in preparation for what was termed "brain surgery" even though my brain was not being operated on, only my skull. Had an infection in it that was slow growing and they wanted to cut it out. They planned the surgery for September, so I had from January till then to lose weight. Went from 205 to 135 in that time. I stay now because after the surgery I vowed to never be the same "fat" guy again. I also love the forums and advice. The people here are very entertaining and even though I only have a few friends, I cherish every one of them. I like getting and giving advice as it helps me stay on track. I really love the humor here as well!
  • RN514
    RN514 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    I'm here because I was 70lbs overweight... Still working on that, so I'm still here. :)
  • Clameater
    Clameater Posts: 317
    Options
    I was browsing the net and I saw RN514's profile so I decided to join. She always rejects my friend requests though
  • RunBrew
    RunBrew Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I was required to log my food on MFP for a week during my BIO151 Nutrition class a few years ago. I did it and didn't give it a second thought. Then a year ago I had a few realizations about my own mortality, e.g. a friend my age passed away unexpectedly, I nearly puked after running a 9:00 mile, and I weighed around 195 lbs (on a small frame) and my resting blood pressure was pre-hypertensive with a resting pulse in the 70's. I was 32 years old.

I knew that calorie deficit would shed pounds, but I had no idea what I was eating.
    I came back to MFP, started running and the rest is history.
  • xvxCelticWandererxvx
    xvxCelticWandererxvx Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    My doctor told me about MFP.
  • johannaqv89
    johannaqv89 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Bc i want to be that one that makes people start getting hot and sweaty when i walk in a room.........
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    My friend told me about it. So I downloaded it, added her as a friend. I went off it for a year or so & since then it has just become 2nd nature. I'm not strict with it like I should be.....I like the friends I have on here too.......:drinker:
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    A friend strongly recommended this site to me. I was reluctant at first, but once I understood what it was, it was like a light came on and I FINALLY understood how to lose the weight. 45 lbs later, I'm still going strong.
  • drgmac
    drgmac Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    The easy to use phone app to find different caloric content and nutrients.
  • drgmac
    drgmac Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    The entertainment value is especially good since I don't own a TV or if I haven't gotten to the library.
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    I came here from SparkPeople. That site was okay, but not as comprehensive as this one.

I stay because I like to help and support others.

I know that's a boring answer, but it is also the truth.
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    I saw the app on a cell phone commercial of all things. Decided to check it out. Used the app to log for a couple of months months before I discovered this whole world behind it. :heart: