''Quad muscles are not sexy on women''

Options
Yep, got this much appreciated comment today. I happen to think muscle and definition is a highly attractive feature in women. To each his own I suppose. But ouch; I'll admit, that one stung.

Replies

• catlady100
    Options
    if you're giving them away, I'll take them :bigsmile:

i think that you look great
  • astronomicals
    astronomicals Posts: 1,537 Member
    Options
    I strongly disagree... Probably just another attempt to sabotage you out of jealousy.
  • emilyc85
    emilyc85 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    **** them and feed them fish heads. That is their opinion and they can keep it to them-*kitten*-selves! I'm sorry that that got said to you and it does suck :/ Just remember a well placed "go to hell" or "eat **** and die" goes a long way ;D

Good luck in your continued fitness goals!!!
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    Um....... All I have to say is "The Hell if it Doesn't!!!" LOL Do Not Listen to anyone who tells you different!!! :drinker:
  • GardeningZombie
    GardeningZombie Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Are your quad's feelings hurt? Maybe some cocoa butter will help soothe them?

:bigsmile:

Any definition is sexy, and it's likely insecurity rather than jealousy which prompts such thoughts.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry, but the bigger they are, the better. Weird *kitten* mofos.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    There's no accounting for taste (or lack thereof).............

Don't let the opinions of others keep you from reaching your goals. (They used to say women shouldn't run marathons either......)
  • TigerBite
    TigerBite Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Super-cut (very low body fat, like 10-12%), veins bulging on women is kind of weird, but definition like a soccer player or a sprinter, is really attractive ... I'm a runner (I do a lot of sprint HITT stuff, race 5Ks, and never really go for more than 10 miles if I do a distance run, but those are only about once or twice a month) and personally, I love my quads (hamstrings, calves, and glutes ...)
  • VorJoshigan
    VorJoshigan Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    Why would you give a damn what that person said. They have proven that they are a complete *kitten*.
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Options
    Yep, got this much appreciated comment today. I happen to think muscle and definition is a highly attractive feature in women. To each his own I suppose. But ouch; I'll admit, that one stung.

Spindly and blubber legs look better? Hmmm purleez! Kudos to you for committing to your workouts and achieving all that you have. You look great!
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options

you answered your own question. because (1) who cares what random people think and (2) why do we feel there needs to be some universal standard of attractiveness?
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    Feck them. your quads are GORGEOUS!
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    You could always respond with, "that shirt makes you look really ugly. Oh wait, I guess it's not the shirt. Nevermind."
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    I'm bi and I have to say, it's my favorite muscle on a woman. Especially myself! They're finally showing up.
  • Iron_Siren
    Options
    Oh yeah? Tell 'em it goes with the well rounded, tight gluteus maximus that they can watch walk away (with a hair toss of course) :wink: :laugh:
  • links_slayer
    links_slayer Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    Yedx0kF.jpg
  • crazie4lulu
    crazie4lulu Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    bullS***... and my delts are too big and i have no boobs. and thats from my SISTERS!!!!!!
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I believe it's perfectly acceptable to dislike defined quad muscles on women. Just like I think it's ok to not be attracted to certain things on ANYONE, and that people are entitled to their own opinions and preferences.

What's really stupid is that someone needs to make a point of telling you what they dislike about you. That's just someone who's rude so their opinion counts even less.
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    Did a female or male say this? Anyway, I imagine that's what people without quad definition say to make themselves feel better.
  • metaphoria
    metaphoria Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    Super-cut (very low body fat, like 10-12%), veins bulging on women is kind of weird, but definition like a soccer player or a sprinter, is really attractive ... I'm a runner (I do a lot of sprint HITT stuff, race 5Ks, and never really go for more than 10 miles if I do a distance run, but those are only about once or twice a month) and personally, I love my quads (hamstrings, calves, and glutes ...)

Bulging veins, like stretch marks, cannot be helped. Perhaps you should tone down the use of "weird" to describe other peoples bodies. There are those here that will happy to bbq you and feed you to their lifting friends for less.