''Quad muscles are not sexy on women''

Options

Replies

• juliewatkin
    juliewatkin Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    I'm a runner (I do a lot of sprint HITT stuff, race 5Ks, and never really go for more than 10 miles if I do a distance run, but those are only about once or twice a month)
    The thread is not about your routine.
    How do you know if someone is a runner.............oh they will tell you

LMAO

Runners sure do like to advertise their obsession ;)

Sure but so do lifters :smile:

I'd be interested to hear the context of the original comment. It seems like an odd thing to say to someone particularly if it's directed at them.

There's a lot of things I don't find attractive and don't need to find attractive but it's not really considered socially acceptable to point out those things out on the people that have them.
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,723 Member
    Options
    Definition is sexy. Being in shape is sexy.
  • IIISpartacusIII
    IIISpartacusIII Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Everyone who has legs has quadraceps and it's ok to be lean enough to see their shape, at the very least which is all most women will every see. Unless you're a world class athlete or female bodybuilder then most women aren't going to see any separation, vascularity, or any of the more dramatic looking "definition" that is what most of society will deem not sexy on women.

People are basically insecure so the moment they see someone in the kind of condition they'll never be able to obtain because they lack the discipline, they'll be very critical of it.
  • happydreamy
    happydreamy Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    People who say things like that are trying to bring you down because they're jealous of where you are. Don't let them! Set your own standards and reach your own goals; you go girl!
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Did a female or male say this? Anyway, I imagine that's what people without quad definition say to make themselves feel better.

:drinker:
  • zombiesalad
    zombiesalad Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Edit: Nevermind.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    My new favorite quote from Go Kaleo, https://www.facebook.com/gokaleo
    Here's a novel concept: YOU get to decide what is healthy, sexy and beautiful when it comes to your own body.

And the reality is that no matter what you decide, someone will tell you you're wrong.

But, someone else will think you're perfect. When you do what YOU love, when you live the life YOU want, when you portray the image YOU want to portray, there will be someone (probably a lot of someones, actually) who are looking for those qualities in a friend, or partner.

Don't live for the people telling you you're wrong. Live for yourself, and the people who love the qualities you possess will be drawn to you.
  • cats847
    cats847 Posts: 131
    Options
    Well, you can't please everyone, and you'll just have to come to terms that some parts of your body don't have universal appeal.

And neither do anyone else's...including the person making that rude comment (maybe next time, you should remind them of that simple fact).
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    Is this some sort of humblebragging thing to get compliments? Who cares, different people find different things attractive. I know my quads make me feel attractive and that's all that matters.
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    Kick them in the taco.
    ^Also, this.
  • jmp463
    jmp463 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I think I am a bit late to the chorus - but your quads are really sexy!! You should feel no sting.

Wear shorter shorts next time!
  • cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    Options
    My new favorite quote from Go Kaleo, https://www.facebook.com/gokaleo
    Here's a novel concept: YOU get to decide what is healthy, sexy and beautiful when it comes to your own body.

And the reality is that no matter what you decide, someone will tell you you're wrong.

But, someone else will think you're perfect. When you do what YOU love, when you live the life YOU want, when you portray the image YOU want to portray, there will be someone (probably a lot of someones, actually) who are looking for those qualities in a friend, or partner.

Don't live for the people telling you you're wrong. Live for yourself, and the people who love the qualities you possess will be drawn to you.

That's really cool. Thanks :)
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options
    People are idiots: who cares what they like or dislike?

What do you like OP? That's the only important opinion for you.
  • alisonlynn1976
    alisonlynn1976 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    Did you remind the person who said that that women are people, not decorative objects?
  • tjthegreatone
    Options
    Did you remind the person who said that that women are people, not decorative objects?
    Thank you. My muscles are evidence of the things I can do (run, squat, lift heavy weights, my cardiovascular endurance) and my low body fat. I am not here as a cardboard cut out for men to gawk at and drool over. Besides I only want one :laugh: so if the rest don't find me attractive they can *rude word* off.
  • progressnotperfection84
    Options
    Tell him that *you* find your quads appealing, and that's all that matters, and then strangle him with your awesome thighs.

^This...Very much this!
  • Kymmu
    Kymmu Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Muscle definition is way better than the soft fat that accumulates over a woman's knee at a certain age -
    Keep up the good workouts!
  • alisonlynn1976
    alisonlynn1976 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    Usually, people who refer to adult women as girls don't respect women a whole lot.

(And yes, I know it depends on context, but just saying)
  • Mutant13
    Mutant13 Posts: 2,485 Member
    Options
    I think quads are one of the best muscles on women. If someone doesn't like them they can look the other way.

Or be mauled by rabid penguins. Either or
  • Huffdogg
    Huffdogg Posts: 1,934 Member
    Options
    I strongly disagree... Probably just another attempt to sabotage you out of jealousy.

^^ This